“What an oasis! A fresh, clean oasis.” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2540 Venture Oaks Way, Sacramento, CA 95833-3200   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“What an oasis! A fresh, clean oasis.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I think this was only my second stay at a Hilton Garden Inn and wow, I can see why they're so popular. What a relaxing, fresh, clean oasis this hotel is!

Driving down from Seattle to Los Angeles on assignment I picked Sacramento as the middle stopping point. I had never been there before and like the hotel I stayed in, I absolutely loved the city and can't wait to return for a longer stay. I usually stay in less expensive hotels, a tier down from HGIs, but I thought I'd treat myself this time and boy, what a treat. This hotel is in a business park type of area surrounded by low-rise office buildings and park-like trees and landscaping. After that gruelling drive (traffic wasn't exactly flowing smoothly) from Seattle I was ready to stop for the evening. A friend of mine stays exclusively at Hilton Garden Inns and I can see why, they're so nice it's ridiculous.

As soon as I walked in the lobby I felt guilty, like I was blowing way too much money on a hotel room. The places I usually stay in have a small front desk area and a couple of banks of rooms on usually two or three floors. This hotel was like a spa, so fresh, light, crisp.. it was refreshing just to walk in the lobby. Then I met the two super cool, funny, nice people at the front desk and I knew I had arrived. The room was, needless to say, absolutely top notch. So clean and nice with things that I'm not accustomed to at the level of hotel I usually stay at. Ceramic cups for the coffee maker?! High end almost-full-sized soap?! Not a razor-edged sharp square sliver of soap? Nice. The bed also, wow. Probably the nicest I've ever encountered at a hotel. I went to the nearby Starbucks for my usual breakfast wrap so I didn't try the extra-cost breakfast at the HGI, but I can imagine that it's excellent as well.

All in all this hotel ended up only being another $30-40 than what I usually pay. I have to find a way to slip more of these chic (for me) hotels into my expense report! I literally can't recommend this hotel enough and I will be back for a longer stay next time.

Room Tip: I can't imagine that there's a bad room in this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

We had a busy weekend in Sacramento and the Hilton Garden Inn brought no nasty surprises at all. Check in took seconds. The room was clean and quite. The bed was comfy and the shower worked fine -- with plenty of hot water. Our room was on the side away from the freeway and we couldn't hear a thing. Not sure about the other side.

Room Tip: We had a room upstairs on the side away from the freeway. It was quite, and close to parking.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Beijing
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

This hotel is a charming place! Very pretty rooms, very nice interiors. The territory is very clean.
Service is quick and good. The staff are polite and helpful. However, there is nothing that makes the hotel special. Something is missing.
I asked for a late check out and they granted it without aditional fees.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

When one searches for hotels near airports one must be careful. This is the perfect place, about 9 miles from the airport. It is a Hilton so you can expect nice, very nice. The comfort bed system was a nice surprise as was the "pantry" where you can pick up incidentals and snacks. I went for the little cup of B&J's Cherry Garcia. We went for a lovely swim. Pool was clean and well maintained. I had a problem printing my boarding pass in the business center. Chris at the front desk took care of it. One nice note: if you are road weary ask for the menu for Good Friends Chinese delivery menu. Probably the best chinese food I have ever had eat in or take out. The desk can also provide other menus. We began the next morning with a made to order hot breakfast, omelets, bacon, fruit. Can't beat a Hilton

Room Tip: I always ask for a room in the most quiet area of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
San Ramon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

HGI has been my hotel brand of choice when travelling and while in the Sacramento area with some family, the HGI Sacramento/So. Natomas provided that consistency that I'm used to.

This location is tucked away off the Hwy. 99 in a quiet business park adjacent to a residential area. It's off the beaten path which can prove to be a nice haven after a long day.

The front desk check in process was quick and friendly, I'm sure it helps being a Hilton HHonors member! From the front desk is a view of their awesome pool, which looked so tempting on that hot Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to enjoy it but, it was certainly calling my name.

The room I was in was on the 3rd floor. The furnishings weren't brand spanking new but was contemporary and the room smelled and felt clean, which is what's most important. We were in a room with two beds which were way comfortable. As always, the free internet is always nice and having a refrigerator and a microwave, even if I didn't use the microwave! The bathroom was spacious and I liked how this location had an adjustable shower head if you wanted a spray or pulsating effect. I read the reviews about the noise from the freeway. I'm a light sleeper and I can honestly say I didn't notice any noise. The A/C was on the entire night, which maybe softened any outside noise but even then, the A/C was quiet, almost soothing!

During my visit, I went to the vending machine to get a bottle of water, not too bad as the vending machine only charged $0.75! I had $2 in my hand as that's usually the going rate at 99% of every hotel I go to! Unfortunately, the vending machine ate my dollar, gave me $0.25 and didn't dispense my water. I just shrugged it off, it was only three quarters. However, when I checked out the next morning, I mentioned it to them just so they can be sure the machine is checked. They were quite apologetic about it and offered me a bottle of water from their little shop. I thought that was nice gesture even if I didn't want a replacement bottle.

Overall, would I stay here again? I certainly would!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
tripandfun3
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

As soon as we walked in we were greeted by name. He took a guess I think, anyway he was right it was us. It was a very quick check in. The room was clean, & they had a microwave and refrigerator that was a plus. The only negative thing = the beds, they were small I think a full not a queen. So, my husband and I could not sleep in the same bed. But other than that a good experience overall.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
San Luis Obispo, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Ok for the price. The room was a little run down *chair had hole in it, desk scratched up* and airconditioner or bathromm smelled of mold. Did not spend much time at hotel, just sleeping. Grounds looked nice. Would agree with previous review of staying away from pool side rooms if you are going to try for quiet during the day. Next time we will probalby try the Marriott around the corner. Have also Stayed at the Hampton Suites up the street, which was better. This whole area is in an office/industrial park with alot of offices and government buildings. Very little traffic or people on the weekends. About a mile to Starbucks, Carl Jr., misc liquor store. About 15 miles from airport. 1 mile to River resturants, like Chevy's. Easy access to I 5

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family