“Nice Hotel in a business area of Sacramento” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2810 Gateway Oaks Drive, Sacramento, CA 95833 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #51 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Centralia, WA
“Nice Hotel in a business area of Sacramento”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2006

+Hotel is in a business/industrial area, but there are some restaurants -like Carls Jr. within walking distance. Also a convenience store (shell station w/expanded supplies). Not too hard to find off the freeway. (I-5)

+ We rented a car and had no problems - rental car is recommended since the hotel is so far out. On foot you may be very limited if you choose this hotel.

++Great Staff. Friendly. Welcoming. Helpfull. Smooth Check-in. Smooth Check-out.

++Room was good sized. Queen size standard hotel bed. Limited kitchen was a plus, and would be great for those who are staying more than a night or two. Bathroom was standard.

+Plenty of parking in a lighted lot. We did not use any of the facilities amenities other than the room itself.

• Liked — Some of the friendliest staff we have encountered.
  • Disliked — Everything was on par for this type of hotel.
  • Tips/Secrets — psst..rental car.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
NoCal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2006

a four night stay for about $47 per night (fees and taxes included). This place is in a business park area, about three exits from downtown. Convienent location to Reno 80 and I-5, both freeway less than half a mile away. A supermarket about a mile away near Truxel and West ElCamino and a Longs drug store across from there. There's a pizza place and chinese restuarant at the corner near the motel. There are three buildings to this place and #3 looked to be the closest to the freeway, I was in building 2. The room wasn't the best and it's not a four star hotel, so budget wise, it's fine, housekeeping didn't clean the place up very well, but that's how these places seem to be. I wiped the counter down and washed the plates and bowls before I used them. The full size fridge came in handy, but the mircowave seemed weak. My room was next to the stairs and I heard people come and go, but the building wasn't full. Overall, I'd stay here again. Oh, there is a sign outside by the lobby door stating lobby hours are 6:30am to 11pm. Other reviewers seem to be upset when checking in later, but there is a phone next to the lobby door and I believe there is a person staffed 24 hours, just the lobby shuts down unless called. I believe there is a shuttle van service, but sometimes they are busy with business accounts.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — lack of housekeeping details
  • Tips/Secrets — bid Priceline
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Belmont, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2006

After accidentally booking a room at another hotel (when I meant to book this hotel) I was mortified at the difference between the booked Hotel and the Homestead - I checked out the other hotel at 1:30 a.m. (when I checked in) after seeing the room and called the Homestead at 1:30 a.m. and they graciously opened the front office and checked me in - I almost cried with joy upon getting to my room and seeing a nice, clean, relatively large room for the price. I have stayed at this hotel before and found it very nice. I agree the first building is the best (closest to the office) and as for being "in the middle of nowhere" - that is not the hotel's fault - it is a business park area and I was there for training for work. I ran to the river every night and back (approximately 4 miles) and really enjoyed my stay.

Stayed August 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2006

What I thought was going to be a good choice for a couple of nights after reading reviews turned out to be one of the worst Hotel/ Motel stays I have ever had. If you do plan on staying there, some words of advise. Ask for a room in the two closest buildings to the office. Make sure the kitchen is equiped as the advertised. But my true advice is to spend more money and stay at the Marriot Residence Inn.

We reserved a King room on-line, and when we got there, they gave us a King Room at the end of the 3rd building. It was so close to the Fwy that I thought we were on the Freeway. Our non-smoking room was anything but, and as to the equiped kitchenette, I don't think so! The only thing the kitchen has was two pots and pans, a handful of silverware and a dish rack. Do dishes, no glasses, not much of anything. The Shower sprayed water all over the bathroom, and the TV had a revolving squigly line running through it.

So will I give them another try in the future? Not a chance!

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
Vancouver, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2006

My husband and I just stayed here for 3 nights while visiting family in the Natomas area. There are few hotels to choose from in Natomas, and most are dives or much more expensive. I got a reasonable rate at the Homestead website, and then because they promise to match any lower rates found elsewhere, plus take another 10 percent off, I checked with several sites and found the same room/dates cheaper on Travelocity. I emailed Homestead and they matched it plus gave me the discount.
We had the smaller size room (there are 2 layouts). It had a queen size bed and nice kitchenette, but as others have mentioned, only one package of coffee and no shampoos, lotions, etc. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom, which is nice. No continental breakfast. No housekeeping services, unless you're there for 5 or more days. Room was clean other than a small amount of mildew around the tub.
Our biggest complaint was with the pillows. They were FLAT. I asked for some more pillows at the desk after the first night, and was told they had some on order, but had no extras at the time. We ended up borrowing some pillows from family members. The location is quiet, away from business traffic, but you do have to drive to get to any restaurants. We might stay here again for the price, but will more likely use the brand new Holday Inn Express once it opens.

• Stayed April 2006
Charleston. SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2006

For 6 nights we stayed in this clean, little efficiency room. The motel is in a safe,quiet new business park. The kitchenette had the basics, but as noted, there was one pack of coffee. (We brought our own, luckily).There was a plentiful supply of towels. When we ran out of soap, kleenex, etc. they were promptly replenished. The night manager was light on personality, but he was efficient. The day managers were extremely helpful and pleasant as were the housekeeping staff. We stayed in a place like this so we could eat 2 meals in and eat only one meal out. The motel is a short distance to the main road into downtown or to any connecting major routes. Staying at Homestead greatly enhanced our vacation, and we certainly will be looking for Homestead Suites when we travel again.

• Stayed January 2006
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2005

We stayed at this hotel as part of a 3 week road trip around the West. Our original plans had changed and I needed a cheap place to stay in Sacremento before heading on to a Oregon campground. As I did for the whole trip, I took the advice of fellow trip advisors and booked a room at the last minute, so I didn't get a great deal...that was to be expected.

Our room was okay. Clean and quiet. But there was no shampoo in the bathroom, a coffee pot but no coffee. When I went to see the manager (who was very nice on the phone, but lacked some of that friendlieness in person), he did pony up the shampoo but said I would have to buy coffee from the vending machine (okay, we were on our way to the store to buy camping supplies so no big deal, I just think those things should be standard in a room with a pot). Anyway, I didn't notice till the next morning that our coffee pot had NO HANDLE!. It was almost funny having to pour coffee from a hot pot with a towel wrapped around it to keep from burning ourselves (I said almost funny)

Also, the place seems to be in the middle of nowhere! It is in a business park so there are a few fast food restaurants, but we wanted dinner after a long car ride from Las Vegas. Mr. Manager was no help in finding us something so we just drove around. We didn't go downtown, but instead found ourselves down by the river at a place called the Blue Iguana. The place was empty and the cheap mexican chain place next door was packed so we were nervous, but the place was great. Decent food & drinks at a resonable price.

So, the moral is...do your homework. Don't wait till the last minute to book your room if you can, and if you can get this place at a great price like others did and don't expect too much then you'll won't be dispointed like I was.

Not the worst place on our trip, but not the best by any means.

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas? Share your experiences!