“Comfortable room, but sparsely equipped kitchen” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2810 Gateway Oaks Drive, Sacramento, CA 95833 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #55 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Charlottetown, Canada
“Comfortable room, but sparsely equipped kitchen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The room was nicely updated, although it would have been nice to have sitting area for two... The kitchen had the barest of necessities... Only one plastic glass, for two, and no corkscrew or wineglasses... It certainly would not be a very useful kitchen for a long term stay... But it was very close to Old Sacramento and to a great little Chinese/Japanese food restaurant called "good friends" which we highly recommend for good an reasonably priced food with great service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Mikaela Z, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property.
Please accept our apologies that you kitchen was not stocked with the proper amenities that should have been there.

Still, we are glad that you are happy with our newly renovated rooms.

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brookings, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My daughter and I had the unfortunate experience of staying there. We figured that her school, The University of Phoenix and the Art Institute school was right next door, along with many corporate businesses along the same road so it would be a decent place to stay. Boy were we in the clouds!
After checking in, we went to our room and there was a fire alarm going off downstairs with smoke billowing out. An old man in a wheel chair was at the door yelling everything is under control, it's just a fire alarm and waving a towel. We went into the room and called the front desk (even though there was a maid working in the room next to ours) to let them know of the situation. We never saw any personnel go there. Then my daughter, my friend and I almost got a 'contact high' from the strong smell of pot in the room. I got her sent off to her class and went to the restroom only to see the floor had alot of hair all over it and it was not the kind you brush off the top of your head if you know what I mean. I didn't know what to do as she was in class and I couldn't leave her to go to a different place so I waited it out. I then went to change my clothing and the carpet was so stained it was totally disgusting! I then looked in the kitchenette and there was grease drippings under the stove hood and running down the walls. I then noticed a smushed piece of gum or candy on the kitchen floor just under the counter by the stools. When I went to sit on the bed, the headboard was COVERED in dust. The thin tattered blanket needed to be tossed. All in all I have stayed in hotels and motels all over the world and I have NEVER been in one that was so disgusting and filthy. I cannot fathom this as the location is wonderful and has such great potential for repeat business people and people passing thru. Management? I don't know but this place has a horrible reputation as I have now discovered. They are on the stock exchange and the more people who discover the condition, personnel and clientele they keep, their stocks will soon plummet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. It upsets me to hear that your room was not cleaned to our company standards. I am sorry for your experience.

To uphold our company's high standards, we will ensure that all rooms are inspected by a manager moving forward.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at snt@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly.

We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Quincy, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

On our way home we needed to spend a night in Sacramento and decided to give Extended Stay a try. At first I was nervous because of prior reviews, but since it was only one night we thought it was worth the try. What a pleasant surprise! The area appeared safe, the exterior and grounds were very well maintained, and the room was immaculate. Bathroom looked completely remodeled, the king bed was comfortable with great bedding, room had a flat screen TV, and the room was large and very clean. We had spent the prior two nights at a Comfort Inn in the Bay Area where we paid twice the price and ended up in a room that was the size of a large closet and needing major updating. My only very minor complaint at Extended Stay was the window didn't open for ventilation, but again this was minor. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments.

I truly appreciate your comments regarding the room cleanliness and new bedding Thank you again for your kind words.

The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
West Covina, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I booked this room for a business trip in the Sacramento area. I travel there every couple of months and this was by far the worst hotel room I've ever stayed in. The room reeked of cigarette smoke, no surprise since the curtains and carpet were ancient and the source of the smell. The dishes and coffee pot were disgusting, all were badly stained and there was mold on the coffee pot base. Like everything else in this room it needed to be replaced 5-10 years ago. Also the website advertised "Free high speed WiFi" (a must have for my business trips), but the connection was slow and dropped often unless you wanted to pay for the upgrade to high speed. The air conditioning unit was also very old and very loud and also, you guessed it, reeked of cigarette smoke.

The staff were also incredibly rude. There was never anyone at the front desk one had to yell "HELLO" to get their attention. When I checked in no one had a clue which rooms were clean or not, so it took forever to get me checked in. I had a staff person barge into my room after I was in there because he didn't have it listed as being occupied. Trying to check out apparently "the system was down" and they would not give me a copy of my receipt of payment (which was sitting on the desk). The manager had absolutely no interest in helping me get a copy of my receipt even when I told her that I needed it to reimburse my travel expenses.

Also this place is not remotely safe, I would never stay here with a child.

The rate was super low, but it was such a disgusting room and such terrible service. I guess that's what I get for trying to save my organization a little money on the travel costs. NEVER AGAIN, next time I'm paying the extra $50 to stay someplace comfortable and safe.

Go down the road to the Marriott or up a little north on the 5 to the Hampton Inn or the Hilton, you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for such an unpleasant stay. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve.

We are pleased to let you know that we are undergoing several renovations, improving our hotel all around.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My vehicle was broken into and there is no security. The staff is rude and will not be helpful. Upper management is extremely hard to get ahold of and the do not care about their customers either. In a nice area but drug dealers and prostitution is right next door. Definitely not home away from home!

• Stayed August 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us.

The situation you described regarding the car break-in is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience.

I discussed your comments with the team, and we are reviewing our safety and security measures. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at snt@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Sacramento, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The manager changes rules over night. They want 100.00 deposit with each reservation even if your adding nights to original reservation without leaving, and they still have a hold on your money. If you ask for corporates number the manager will tell you she can't rent to you and put you on a DO NOT RENT LIST. They are always out of clean towels and sheets, if something's broke in your room good luck in getting maintenance to fix it and God forbid if you ask to move rooms for any reason at all because the manager will not move you. They are painting the outside of building and are still renting rooms in construction area and have the ordasity to get mad and ban you from hotel if you complain. I woke up and went outside and ran into plastic covering my door. The spiders are really bad and they have not sprayed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

It was disheartening to read that we were unable to accommodate your needs; however, I am so happy to let you know that we finishing up our renovations and improvement in our hotel.

Redding, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We booked this location in advance because of its proximity off I-5 for a long trip down California. Unlike some reviewer I have had a lot of experience with Extended Stay hotels of various brands so I have proper expectations. Some people expect them to be a something they're not.

This property was formerly a different brand, and after moving over to ESA it appears they are making significant improvements. They are currently undergoing an exterior painting project through September 2013, which can be a minor nuisance for current guests, but shows an overall commitment to ensuring the property is in good condition.

The king bedding was of good overall quality for this type of hotel. And the amenities, such as a full mini-kitchen, complete with stove and fridge are typical for an extended stay property.

There were a couple of set backs for this specific experience...
1) We are a family of 4, and specifically selected the king with sleeper sofa option. However upon arrival the sleeper sofa didn't have any bed linen available, nor pillows. Typically you'll find these in the closet - however that was not the case. Im sure we could have called down for them, but it was easier to just put the kids to bed using their 'themed kiddie sleeping bags' which they brought with them. So it really wasn't an issue; and easier than calling down to have this resolved. With that said, it would have been nice for the staff to realize that this might be a need and anticipated this.
2) Minor, but the sofa had a 2 inch tear on it, and could/should be fairly easy to be repaired. This is a minor issue, but can turn into a bigger issue. But seriously, if I'm getting this picky, you'll understand that this was really a good experience and overall great condition.
3) In the bathroom there was no tray for the bar-soap so it just sat on the counter, pooling up -- probably just missing this accessory... Or it might be an oversight...

But all in all, it was clean, comfortable (enough) and was generally prepared for our stay.

Nothing stood out really good or bad, just an average stay and we received what we expected. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The hotel has three buildings, be sure to request building one or two; the third building is closest...