“Pleasantly Surpised!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2810 Gateway Oaks Drive, Sacramento, CA 95833 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #52 of 85 hotels in Sacramento
Quincy, California
“Pleasantly Surpised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

On our way home we needed to spend a night in Sacramento and decided to give Extended Stay a try. At first I was nervous because of prior reviews, but since it was only one night we thought it was worth the try. What a pleasant surprise! The area appeared safe, the exterior and grounds were very well maintained, and the room was immaculate. Bathroom looked completely remodeled, the king bed was comfortable with great bedding, room had a flat screen TV, and the room was large and very clean. We had spent the prior two nights at a Comfort Inn in the Bay Area where we paid twice the price and ended up in a room that was the size of a large closet and needing major updating. My only very minor complaint at Extended Stay was the window didn't open for ventilation, but again this was minor. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mikaela Z, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments.

I truly appreciate your comments regarding the room cleanliness and new bedding Thank you again for your kind words.

The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
West Covina, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I booked this room for a business trip in the Sacramento area. I travel there every couple of months and this was by far the worst hotel room I've ever stayed in. The room reeked of cigarette smoke, no surprise since the curtains and carpet were ancient and the source of the smell. The dishes and coffee pot were disgusting, all were badly stained and there was mold on the coffee pot base. Like everything else in this room it needed to be replaced 5-10 years ago. Also the website advertised "Free high speed WiFi" (a must have for my business trips), but the connection was slow and dropped often unless you wanted to pay for the upgrade to high speed. The air conditioning unit was also very old and very loud and also, you guessed it, reeked of cigarette smoke.

The staff were also incredibly rude. There was never anyone at the front desk one had to yell "HELLO" to get their attention. When I checked in no one had a clue which rooms were clean or not, so it took forever to get me checked in. I had a staff person barge into my room after I was in there because he didn't have it listed as being occupied. Trying to check out apparently "the system was down" and they would not give me a copy of my receipt of payment (which was sitting on the desk). The manager had absolutely no interest in helping me get a copy of my receipt even when I told her that I needed it to reimburse my travel expenses.

Also this place is not remotely safe, I would never stay here with a child.

The rate was super low, but it was such a disgusting room and such terrible service. I guess that's what I get for trying to save my organization a little money on the travel costs. NEVER AGAIN, next time I'm paying the extra $50 to stay someplace comfortable and safe.

Go down the road to the Marriott or up a little north on the 5 to the Hampton Inn or the Hilton, you'll be glad you did.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for such an unpleasant stay. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve.

We are pleased to let you know that we are undergoing several renovations, improving our hotel all around.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My vehicle was broken into and there is no security. The staff is rude and will not be helpful. Upper management is extremely hard to get ahold of and the do not care about their customers either. In a nice area but drug dealers and prostitution is right next door. Definitely not home away from home!

• Stayed August 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us.

The situation you described regarding the car break-in is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience.

I discussed your comments with the team, and we are reviewing our safety and security measures. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at snt@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Sacramento, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The manager changes rules over night. They want 100.00 deposit with each reservation even if your adding nights to original reservation without leaving, and they still have a hold on your money. If you ask for corporates number the manager will tell you she can't rent to you and put you on a DO NOT RENT LIST. They are always out of clean towels and sheets, if something's broke in your room good luck in getting maintenance to fix it and God forbid if you ask to move rooms for any reason at all because the manager will not move you. They are painting the outside of building and are still renting rooms in construction area and have the ordasity to get mad and ban you from hotel if you complain. I woke up and went outside and ran into plastic covering my door. The spiders are really bad and they have not sprayed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

It was disheartening to read that we were unable to accommodate your needs; however, I am so happy to let you know that we finishing up our renovations and improvement in our hotel.

Redding, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We booked this location in advance because of its proximity off I-5 for a long trip down California. Unlike some reviewer I have had a lot of experience with Extended Stay hotels of various brands so I have proper expectations. Some people expect them to be a something they're not.

This property was formerly a different brand, and after moving over to ESA it appears they are making significant improvements. They are currently undergoing an exterior painting project through September 2013, which can be a minor nuisance for current guests, but shows an overall commitment to ensuring the property is in good condition.

The king bedding was of good overall quality for this type of hotel. And the amenities, such as a full mini-kitchen, complete with stove and fridge are typical for an extended stay property.

There were a couple of set backs for this specific experience...
1) We are a family of 4, and specifically selected the king with sleeper sofa option. However upon arrival the sleeper sofa didn't have any bed linen available, nor pillows. Typically you'll find these in the closet - however that was not the case. Im sure we could have called down for them, but it was easier to just put the kids to bed using their 'themed kiddie sleeping bags' which they brought with them. So it really wasn't an issue; and easier than calling down to have this resolved. With that said, it would have been nice for the staff to realize that this might be a need and anticipated this.
2) Minor, but the sofa had a 2 inch tear on it, and could/should be fairly easy to be repaired. This is a minor issue, but can turn into a bigger issue. But seriously, if I'm getting this picky, you'll understand that this was really a good experience and overall great condition.
3) In the bathroom there was no tray for the bar-soap so it just sat on the counter, pooling up -- probably just missing this accessory... Or it might be an oversight...

But all in all, it was clean, comfortable (enough) and was generally prepared for our stay.

Nothing stood out really good or bad, just an average stay and we received what we expected. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The hotel has three buildings, be sure to request building one or two; the third building is closest...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mikaela Z, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a informative review.

Please accept our appologies that we were unable to anticipate your needs; however I am glad to read that you were pleased with the overall standards of Exended Stay in our hotel.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed at this property on two separate nights within the same week. One room was quite nice and the other awful. The first room was a larger suite. It smelled of smoke. The carpet should have been replaced long ago, due to all of the spots. The couch was old and dirty, so I did not sit on it. The walls needed paint. The sink did not drain well, and the door lock did not function properly. And then there was a large spot on the ceiling over the bed that looked like barbecue sauce. There was not even a bar of soap in the room so I had to request one at the front desk. The second room was smaller and really not bad at all for a bargain hotel. It was much cleaner.

The hotel is located in an office park area. I found it odd that there were people at the far edge of the parking lot drinking beer and cooking dinner on a barbecue grill. The Wi-Fi worked well.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first as they obviously vary greatly.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please accept our apologies that your first stay were not up to standards. Still, we are glad to know that your second stay was far better and that we were able to show what our standards should be.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Palmdale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Rooms are fully furniture. Very comfortable, flat screen TV's, and Clean.
The location was convenient. Looking forward to staying again! I would recommend
staying in any Extended Stay America. Food and shopping was made easy by Two
major freeways. The outside parking area was well light and maintained. The staff
were always on hand for my every request. They updated my reservation to include
my senior discount, saving me time and money! As a result, when I travel I will look
at Extended Stay America's web site First!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review.
We are so happy we were able to accomidate you well and saved you some money.

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas? Share your experiences!