We booked this location in advance because of its proximity off I-5 for a long trip down California. Unlike some reviewer I have had a lot of experience with Extended Stay hotels of various brands so I have proper expectations. Some people expect them to be a something they're not.
This property was formerly a different brand, and after moving over to ESA it appears they are making significant improvements. They are currently undergoing an exterior painting project through September 2013, which can be a minor nuisance for current guests, but shows an overall commitment to ensuring the property is in good condition.
The king bedding was of good overall quality for this type of hotel. And the amenities, such as a full mini-kitchen, complete with stove and fridge are typical for an extended stay property.
There were a couple of set backs for this specific experience...
1) We are a family of 4, and specifically selected the king with sleeper sofa option. However upon arrival the sleeper sofa didn't have any bed linen available, nor pillows. Typically you'll find these in the closet - however that was not the case. Im sure we could have called down for them, but it was easier to just put the kids to bed using their 'themed kiddie sleeping bags' which they brought with them. So it really wasn't an issue; and easier than calling down to have this resolved. With that said, it would have been nice for the staff to realize that this might be a need and anticipated this.
2) Minor, but the sofa had a 2 inch tear on it, and could/should be fairly easy to be repaired. This is a minor issue, but can turn into a bigger issue. But seriously, if I'm getting this picky, you'll understand that this was really a good experience and overall great condition.
3) In the bathroom there was no tray for the bar-soap so it just sat on the counter, pooling up -- probably just missing this accessory... Or it might be an oversight...
But all in all, it was clean, comfortable (enough) and was generally prepared for our stay.
Nothing stood out really good or bad, just an average stay and we received what we expected. I would stay here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead South Natomas Hotel Sacramento
- Homestead South Natomas Sacramento
- Extended Stay America Sacramento