“Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas

You added Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2810 Gateway Oaks Drive, Sacramento, CA 95833 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #54 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Toronto, Canada
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We loved the place. The room or suite was very clean. It had all the basic amentites we needed to make our stay worthwhilel. The staff were very pleasant, friendly and efficient. They were professional and showed confidence and cempetence in doing their jobs. Kudos. The location is perfect. It was in a quiet area and just few minutes from everything - mall, park, small convenient groceries, gas stations, coffee shops, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the extended stay suites. The property was well maintained inside and out. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. We would recommend staying there and if we are in the Sacramento area, we would stay there again.
Carmen and Ivan T

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Carmen and Ivan - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our property to be well maintained and our staff to be very friendly as well as accommodating. It was a true pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
San Bernardino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The room was neat and clean. The couch was older but the bed seemed new. It was very firm but comfortable. My husband wanted to know what brand it was he liked it that much. The kitchenette had everything a person would need for cooking. Large closets. Very much like a nice little efficiency apartment. Pleasant overnight stay. The only draw backs were the lack of dish soap for dishes, no soap at all for that matter, not even for hands or body. The towels were a bit scratchy. The one staff person we saw when we checked in was pleasant and quick.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our new bedding and in-room kitchen. As well, it is great that our staff was so pleasant and efficient when checking you into the hotel.

MORENO VALLEY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Former Homestead Suites. I had King suite with sitting area with couch. Flat screen, but if you want to eat at table and watch TV, forget it, about a mile away. No place for luggage. The free Wi-Fi is way too slow, especially at busy times. You have an option to pay three dollars a day more for supposedly faster, but I've tried that and not seen the difference. Hard to believe they are very successful in getting business clients to stay here with such slow wifi. Need more TV stations. Noisy refir.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I apologize that the internet speed was not up to your standards.

In response to your feedback, I will bring this issue up to my manager. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at snt@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly.

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was a little apprehensive to stay somewhere for so cheap, but being on a budget as part of relocating meant trying something new. You get what you pay for I guess, though I've heard of better stays at motel 6. Reservations were made more than a day in advance via the extended stay website (no third party). Check in time was listed as 3PM, check out 11AM. We arrived at 2:30 and I went to see if a room was available yet. The desk clerk was polite and told me nothing was available and I should come back later, but if I wanted to fill out the paperwork and swipe my card I could save some time when I returned. I completed check in and put my card on hold and went out. Upon returning at 5PM I was met by an empty lobby with a phone and paper note saying press one for service. The phone rang and rang before a voice came on saying "hello, hello, hello, who is this, hello, pick up the phone...leave a message". I went back out to the car until I saw someone arrive at the office. Our room was still not clean/available. While we waited, 5 people were trying to check in with similar success as ours. Our room was finally made at 5:30, and a new front desk staffer arrived to relieve the one who had been trying to handle all the 'business'. She was somewhat terse when we tried to explain our card had been held earlier and paperwork was already done "to save time" but eventually we got keys and went to find the room.

The room was small but fine, with a fridge, sink, cooktop, microwave and toaster. There were dishes in the cupboards, signs saying housekeeping was not responsible for cleaning dishes, but no dish soap. The bathroom was similarly 'meh', with some strange pink goo oozing from the bottom of the tub. The bed was firm, so firm my arms actually went to sleep faster than I could (I'm a side sleeper). And there was random garbage (pens/paper) under the ottoman when it was moved. The shower made a horrible screeching sound during the entire shower (perhaps an easy way to save water by ensuring shorter showers) and when the bathroom got steamy it seemed to release the smell of stale cigarette smoke from the room. Soap was provided, but bring your own shampoo.

The breakfast is fast and easy, I guess that's the point. Granola bars, wrapped muffins and coffee (no juice sadly).

The location is easy to get to from the freeway, and a nice base for exploring Sacramento. That being said, there are far finer hotels not that far away. We actually ended our stay a night early to avoid staying here any longer than we had to.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I apologize that the cleanliness of the room was unsatisfactory and that the front desk did not check you into your room in time and not offer you amenities (soap, toothpaste etc.) at checkin.

In response to your feedback, I am meeting with them to ensure that they are clearly communicating our policies to guests at the time of checkin. I will also be speaking to the housekeeping staff.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at snt@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Checked in late for a quick overnight stay as I had to go to Chico early the next morning. They ended up giving me a smoking room, even though I requested a non smoking room, and it stunk of smoke so bad I couldn't stay in it so they gave me the room next door which was also smoking room but didn't smell as bad so I put up with it; Ben was great at accommodating that. room was clean and bed comfortable, I left at 6am the next day so I wasn't there long but that was my experience; it was the cheapest I could book that wasnt a roach motel.

• Stayed May 2013
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I found a razor blade in my carpet.The chinese lady has a BAD attitude.. Ben is awesome... They Don't have extra blankets or dishes, the hair dryer in the bathroom is broke and does not work...One of the employes talks about other guests at the hotel, telling their private information... My family and I will be in town for the next 10 months, and will not stay here again after this month..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dennis - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies; I have spoken to my staff to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at snt@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas? Share your experiences!