“Excels in Everything” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas

You added Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2810 Gateway Oaks Drive, Sacramento, CA 95833 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #55 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Sacramento, California, United States
“Excels in Everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

The hotel and its amenities are top notch. The price is very doable, and the service is beyond a doubt the best service I have received from any hotel in my 27 years to date. Anything that is needed is promptly received, and any problems that one encounters during their stay is fixed on the spot. Overall, if any of your future travels bring you to Sacramento CA, This is the place where you need to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Sacramento - South Natomas. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Malin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Hey guys looking for alittle, "home, away from home" hospitality while you're traveling the dusty roads of California? well I found alittle nugget in Sacramento. The Homestead Studio Suites, 2810 Gateway Oaks Dr. Just off I-5 near the I-80 interchange. As is said you remember those first impressions, and believe me after 30 years of traveling, I remember. The staff at the Homestead is first class, Ken and Darline are great hosts that make you feel at home and welcome. Their support staff are super as well, catering to your every need. If something isn't just right tell them about it and they"ll make it right asap. The location is quiet and close to fast food eateries, resturants, banks and malls. Old Town Sac is just one mile away right next to the Sacramneto Amtrak station and the Sacramento International airport is a short ten minute hop away, they'll even arrange for a taxi.
The room rates are some of the best anywhere, the rooms are well appointed with coffeemaker and coffee, frig, stove, pots, pans, silverware, king or gueen size beds, sofa and if you need shampoo, etc...they have at the front desk, ask for it upon check in, heck I'll bet if you asked big Ken to cook a meal for ya, he'd russel something up for you in a jiffy.
The grounds are nice and neat just like the rooms. Oh, did I mention they have free wi-fi. If your traveling on business,leisure,personal or just need a place to cool your jets (they have monthly rates too) I highly recommend the Homestead give it a shot,you won't regret it, I've made it my regular place to stay when I'm on business in the Sacramento area.

Room Tip: building one is best
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Sacramento - South Natomas. My entire staff strives to make every guest stay totally enjoyable and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I have had an excellent experience while staying here. They have excellent Customer Service and the staff go way beyond their duties to make your stay at their hotel a memorable experience the rooms and the grounds are impeccable it gives the hotel a warm inviting relaxes atmosphere. I have spent many hours looking out the window while doing my work thinking how relaxing this hotel is, you can not beat the price or the location it's right off the freeway not far from the mall or restaurants. It's a perfect location for your business , personal or leisure stay. It's a great location for families with children not a lot of traffic and it's a safe environment. What I love most about is the kitchenette I love to cook so I brought I few of my personal items along and as I said earlier it's almost like home.

Room Tip: I love living on the end and in the last building not a lot of foot traffic very peaceful.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Our experience was just fine for the $159.28 tax included for two nights. Our favorite place to stay in Sacramento was charging $171.00 per night. So you see why we stayed at Homestead. We had stayed there before and decided to try it again. Now,there was the problem of a bed that made a noise with every turn over and the water pipes made a loud awful noise. We felt secure and we would stay there again, mainly because of the price.

Room Tip: look at the room before you move your things in.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We may be re-locating to Sacramento, so we decided to try out an Extended Stay property just in case a potential new home is not ready in time. This property was quite pleasant. The price was $69.99 (12% more in taxes) for a double which is terrific for mid-week in Sacramento. The property is located on Gateway Oaks in the North Natomas section of Sacramento which parallels I-5, has three buildings (1,2,3) and two floors to each building. There is no elevator. Our reception was wonderful and efficient; Stephanie greeted us warmly and changed our room from the second floor of Building 3 (next to the freeway) to a hugely quieter first floor room in Building 1. If you arrive to check-in after 11 PM just pick up the telephone near the entrance door. Check-out was a breeze.

The rooms are fairly large, clean, have a kitchenette (GE range, microwave, and refrig), and various basic utensils for cooking except for pots and pans as well as an eating counter. There are two locks for the door, no bath amenities (creams, lotions, shampoo, etc.), and the bedding (mattress and pillows) are quite (perhaps beyond) firm and the sheet thread count is modest. The heater worked with faint noise and well, as did the coffeemaker. There is also plenty of closet space, an iron, and ironing board. There is an on-site laundrette, lighted on-site parking, and security guard. One has a choice of smoking and non-smoking rooms.

What impressed us beyond the price was the attention paid to the cleanliness of the bathroom. That is always a marker of a site's customer service focus and this Homestead obviously paid attention to the details.

Lastly, the property is a few blocks from a Starbuck's and Carl Jr's, access to I-5, and in a neighborhood that does not scare you to death like other parts of Sacramento.

All in all, if we had to Extend Stay in the future, we would return to this property (bringing pots and pans of course); and if we had to go up any time in the future during the work week we would probably choose here too.

Room Tip: Ask for room in Building 1; #3 is smack against the freeway.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Someone broke into my room. There was no one to fix the lock. They moved me to another room which also had a broken lock. I moved out. It turns out there was a rape there two months earlier. The picture was at the Starbucks. They kept my money. I had paid in advance.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

I spent 13 nights in this place. I felt like i was staying in a ghetto apartment complex. There were people living in the place. There were barbecue grills and lawn chairs outside of the rooms. I noticed people working on their cars in the parking lot more than once. I smelled weed coming from my neighbors room. My neighbors were very loud. The bed squeaked every time I moved. I requested a new room twice and was basically ignored.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas? Share your experiences!