“Worth the money!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas

You added Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2810 Gateway Oaks Drive, Sacramento, CA 95833 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #60 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
Reno, Nevada
“Worth the money!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Our experience was just fine for the $159.28 tax included for two nights. Our favorite place to stay in Sacramento was charging $171.00 per night. So you see why we stayed at Homestead. We had stayed there before and decided to try it again. Now,there was the problem of a bed that made a noise with every turn over and the water pipes made a loud awful noise. We felt secure and we would stay there again, mainly because of the price.

Room Tip: look at the room before you move your things in.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We may be re-locating to Sacramento, so we decided to try out an Extended Stay property just in case a potential new home is not ready in time. This property was quite pleasant. The price was $69.99 (12% more in taxes) for a double which is terrific for mid-week in Sacramento. The property is located on Gateway Oaks in the North Natomas section of Sacramento which parallels I-5, has three buildings (1,2,3) and two floors to each building. There is no elevator. Our reception was wonderful and efficient; Stephanie greeted us warmly and changed our room from the second floor of Building 3 (next to the freeway) to a hugely quieter first floor room in Building 1. If you arrive to check-in after 11 PM just pick up the telephone near the entrance door. Check-out was a breeze.

The rooms are fairly large, clean, have a kitchenette (GE range, microwave, and refrig), and various basic utensils for cooking except for pots and pans as well as an eating counter. There are two locks for the door, no bath amenities (creams, lotions, shampoo, etc.), and the bedding (mattress and pillows) are quite (perhaps beyond) firm and the sheet thread count is modest. The heater worked with faint noise and well, as did the coffeemaker. There is also plenty of closet space, an iron, and ironing board. There is an on-site laundrette, lighted on-site parking, and security guard. One has a choice of smoking and non-smoking rooms.

What impressed us beyond the price was the attention paid to the cleanliness of the bathroom. That is always a marker of a site's customer service focus and this Homestead obviously paid attention to the details.

Lastly, the property is a few blocks from a Starbuck's and Carl Jr's, access to I-5, and in a neighborhood that does not scare you to death like other parts of Sacramento.

All in all, if we had to Extend Stay in the future, we would return to this property (bringing pots and pans of course); and if we had to go up any time in the future during the work week we would probably choose here too.

Room Tip: Ask for room in Building 1; #3 is smack against the freeway.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Someone broke into my room. There was no one to fix the lock. They moved me to another room which also had a broken lock. I moved out. It turns out there was a rape there two months earlier. The picture was at the Starbucks. They kept my money. I had paid in advance.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

I spent 13 nights in this place. I felt like i was staying in a ghetto apartment complex. There were people living in the place. There were barbecue grills and lawn chairs outside of the rooms. I noticed people working on their cars in the parking lot more than once. I smelled weed coming from my neighbors room. My neighbors were very loud. The bed squeaked every time I moved. I requested a new room twice and was basically ignored.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Napa, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

We liked the idea of having a kitchen, and based on reviews, prepaid two nights mid-week. We asked in advance for a downstairs room where we could park our bike in view of the window, but were first assigned a room under the staircase. The clerk was not very happy about changing that for me. She did NOT note the (not free) internet password on the room card as she said she had, and there was no pen or paper in the room to write it down when we called. When we finally made the connection, it was so ridiculously slow, we just gave up and found our own way to Old Town. The room had an odd sour smell. The floors were sticky, as well as several kitchen surfaces. No toiletries save two paper-thin slivers of soap. The two pots provided for cooking were teflon; really, doesn't EVERYONE know by now that [-] is toxic? The bed and pillows were very uncomfortable, and the linens threadbare. The TV had a bad cable; we had to keep playing with it to keep the signal. The couch was scary-shabby, looked like it belonged on a dorm porch. We were not aware in advance that maid service incurs an extra fee. When we asked where to get an espresso that wasn't Starbucks (we hate burnt coffee beans) the frazzled front desk clerk sent us to a Pete's three miles away with inaccurate directions; it took about 30 minutes to find an alternative ourselves. And our electronic key stopped working the first morning, maybe that girl at the desk doesn't know how to program a key for a 2-day stay either. The only plus I can think of is that the bike and bags appeared unmolested overnight, and the room was pretty cheap (and yet overpriced, all things considered.) Next trip to Sac, we'll stay elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

This hotel full of suites was great to stay in. I asked for a "Smoking-Queen" and surprise, suprise, I recieved what I asked for. The room was clean, spacious with a full kitchen (with pots/pans & dishes), microwave, iron, coffee maker and toaster. The staff was pleasant and check in-out was a breeze. I would stay there everytime I visit Sacramento. It's a 4 1/2 star !

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

I was very pleased with my stay. While the room is a bit dated, it was very clean, outfitted and functional. I liked the kitchen which was clean and sufficiently stocked with dishes and other utentsils - and the kitchen table was good for work as well. The bathroom was large. The bed was comfortable - and the room/environment was quiet - got good sleep. The neighborhood was good and the staff very pleasant and competent. I consider this a real find for my business travel - just wish there were more of them in other places I travel to.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - South Natomas? Share your experiences!