“Exceeded Expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento Airport - Natomas

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento Airport - Natomas to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento Airport - Natomas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3001 Advantage Way, Sacramento, CA 95834   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
baltimore
“Exceeded Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

This was my first time I have ever stayed at a Homewood Suites and will be using them in the future. This hotel was less than a year old (Nov 08) and was a great value. The suite was beatiful it was to bad I was there by myself on business. I would really liked to been able to enjoy the pool, spa and workout room. They provided a nice evening meal, salad, lasagna and breadsticks, wine, beer and sodas. It more than met my expectations. There are other places to eat nearby within walking distance. The airport is close by which was great for our early flight out. We did not get to experience the breckfast since we had to leave so early.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

I'm a frequent business traveler, but my one-night stay at this Homewood Suites was for a family weekend trip. There were 6 of us in all (4 adults, 2 young children). I reserved a 2-bedroom 2-bath suite because we needed the separate living spaces. Based on the earlier reviews, I knew this is a newly built hotel (opened in Nov. 2008), so I expected it to be clean. It was spotless indeed. We were going to arrive late in the day, so about 40 minutes away we called while driving to order two cribs to be delivered to our suite, and upon check-in the friendly receptionist informed us the cribs are in our suite waiting for us. Nicely done.

The rooms are very well appointed. Free wired and wireless internet available in the room. The 2-bedroom suite has a living room/kitchenette in the middle, and two separate bedrooms (with doors) on either side. There are three 37" LCD TVs (one in each room) available, with HD programming (including HBO HD). The kitchenette has a two burner electric cooktop, a dishwasher, coffee maker, microwave, and a full size fridge. Pots, pans, cooking utensils, and dishes are available for a service of 4.

The location is great. It's near the Sacramento airport (has free shuttle), and the driving time to downtown Sacramento and the Capitol grounds is just 10-15 minutes. There are large strip malls within walking distance, with an In-N-Out Burger just a block away!

The complimentary breakfast is passable. It's more than a typical continental breakfast, because it has hot foods (eggs, potatoes, bacon) but it's not as good as what an Embassy Suites would offer, for example. It served our purpose because the six of us could (two are young children) get a decent meal without the hassle of going to a restaurant, while saving $$ for other purposes.

In summary, I would definitely stay here again not only for personal travel, but for business as well.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

After an annoying stay at the Courtyard, I found this hotel. I've stayed at Homewood Suites before, and I've always had a great experience. This hotel is new, among a new development near the Arco stadium, There are chain restaurants within walking distance, and a shopping mall with movie theaters nearby. The room was impeccably clean, in fact when I checked in a staff member was in there "inspecting" it.

If you smoke, this hotel currently has smoking suites. A big plus if you like to have the occasional cigarette like I do.

Minor Minuses: twice when I came downstairs to breakfast, various common items had not been refilled: napkins, creamers for the coffee, etc. Also, I woke up on my last morning there to find that the maid had forgotten to give me regular coffee.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

I really like staying at Homewood Suites. I stayed here one night before flying out of the Sacramento Airport. As other reviewers have stated, there are many places to eat within walking distance to this hotel. From fast food to nice restaurants - they are all convenient. Took the hotel shuttle to the aiport. It was on time and the driver was very nice. The bed was excellent and my room was very quiet. Wireless internet was complimentary and worked well. Breakfast wasn't that good. Scrambled eggs with cheese, canadian bacon and hash brown patties. Hash browns were really terrible. They also had cereal, muffns, etc. I stayed on a Sunday night and they do not have the evening reception on Fri, Sat or Sun. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

We stayed at the Homewood Suites to be someplace close to the airport for a 6 am flight. We arrived around 5:00 pm and were checked right into our room. The room was spacious and clean. This would be a great property for an extended stay.

We chose this hotel because it had a shuttle to the airport and when we checked in we registered for the 4:40 am shuttle. After checking in, we went into Sacramento for dinner before returning our rental car and using the hotel shuttle to return to the hotel. When we got back to the hotel, the front desk clerk told us that she had been looking for us because the 4:40 am shuttle was full and could we move to 4 am. Needless to say, we were not happy and leaving the hotel at 4 am was unacceptable. If we had known this was a problem when we checked in, we would have kept our car for the night. The clerk (Jennery I think) could not have been more gracious and arranged for the hotel to pay for a cab for us to the airport at 4:40 am the next morning. She handled the situation with professionalism and care. We made our flight on time and would return to the hotel the next time we fly out of Sacramento.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Largo, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

We stayed at the hotel for on night. It was close to the airport about 5 min drive. Ultra clean, beautifully decorated, free Wi-Fi, complete kitchen, roomy, comfortable bed, great complementary breakfast. The only con is that we were three adults and we left the bed to my sister and my boyfriend and I slept on the sofa bed which was not that comfortable.
Nonetheless I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Sacramento Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

June - July 2009. I had the opportunity to stay at this new property minutes to the Sacramento International Airport and in the Natomas neighborhood of the Sacramento Metro area. The hotel is next to a Hampton Inn (I've reviewed this property) and a Holiday Express Inn. There is free parking around the property. Check in was smooth and efficient.

I received King rooms as guaranteed.
My room, was comfortable and nicely decorated. The bed was ultra comfortable. The kitchen applicances were new. The desk seat and sofa were not comfortable. Lighting in the room was good with lamps on both sides of the bed, on the desk, and a floor lamp. There is new LCD flat screen TV. Room was cleaned well.

The bathroom was clean. Lighting was good, the towels were plentiful, and the shower worked well – immediate hot water with plenty of pressure. Bath amenities include shampoo, conditioner, and lotion.
The room does have distinct new smell and I was not sure if it was the carpet. It did not bother me but it might others?
There is complimentary breakfast and evening snack which both were good for being complimentary. There is complimentary internet access.
The hotel public areas were clean and well-kept, but could use an updating to the style of the rooms.
with additional lounge chairs. All of the exercise equipment seemed nearly new.
There are several restaurants within a few minutes of the hotel as well as many fast food joints. I would stay here again if I needed to be in the SMF airport area/Natomas area of Sacramento.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento Airport - Natomas? Share your experiences!