“Nice hotel for the price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento Airport - Natomas

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento Airport - Natomas to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento Airport - Natomas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3001 Advantage Way, Sacramento, CA 95834   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 84 Hotels in Sacramento
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Nice hotel for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I are staying here for 3 nights and the rate we are paying is between $95-$151 per night. Considering we have a suite and the price includes breakfast, this is a really good deal. We didn't need the kitchen which includes a full size refrigerator, cook top, dishwasher and sink. The room is very spacious and clean; the towels are soft, plush, and a pretty decent size. We asked for a quiet room and with the highway just outside the window, the room is very quiet. We ate dinner at the nearby (3 minute walk) Malabar Restaurant and it was great. There are several other restaurants within walking distance too, including a steak restaurant, IHOP, and others. There is a Safeway across the street so if you want to stock up the kitchen you could do that very easily. The included breakfast is pretty basic stuff; cereal, eggs, bacon, make your own waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt; the coffee is not very good, but it's ok to at least get the day started. I woud recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Sacramento area.

Room Tip: as I say in my review, we asked for a quiet room and even though we are just across the hall from th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

As part of a family trip, we stayed at the Homewood Suites, Sacramento. Being a family of 4 and bringing along an elderly aunt, we got the 2 bedroom suite. The room contained 2 bedrooms, one with 2 queens and 1 with a king. Each bedroom had it's own full bath.

The Room
The room was very clean, well stocked and fairly spacious. The 2 bedrooms faced each other with a common room between. The common room was about 10x20 and contained a pullout couch, a TV and a full kitchen. The kitchen was well stocked with utensils, pots & pans, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, etc. The full refrigerator was nice, but it didn't work very well. When I first opened it, it was room temperature though the dial was set up to 4.5 out of 5. I turned it all the way up and go it to the point where the freezer was about as cold as the fridge should've been. I asked the desk to have a look at it, but nothing was done.

Each of the 2 bedrooms had it's own TV and thermostat. This helped keep my kids from fighting. We also got HBO, but I don't know if it's because we rented the suite.

The bathrooms were fairly nice. The sink area was separate from the shower & toilet and was well stocked with the usual fare (shampoo, soap, hair dryer, etc). One small item I noticed was that the height of the bathtub wall was low and the toilet was high. This made it much easier for my aging aunt to use. This was not an "accessible" room either, though they did offer that.

The Amenities
Amenities included a free breakfast. If you've been to any Homewood Suites or Holiday Inn, you'd know exactly what you're going to get. The breakfast (6-9 M-F, 7-9 SS) menu, which varies daily, usually includes eggs, bacon or sausage, and potatoes or biscuits. Additionally, there is a "Make your own waffle" station which my 9-year old thoroughly enjoyed. Other items include juices, cereals, fruit, yogurt, bread, etc.

The pool is open from 10-10 daily. They only have 1 pool (outdoors), but it is well kept and while we were there, not too crowded. Our room was on the first floor by the pool, but it was very quiet.... no noise problems whatsoever during our entire stay.

The fitness room is small, with a few treadmills, an exercise bike, etc.

WiFi in the rooms was decent and quick. We had to enter our last name and room number each day to access it, but once on I had no problems getting to my email, streaming news videos, etc. WiFi was provided by AT&T.

I don't know if it's because of the time of year we stayed there, but we never had any problems finding a parking spot near the entrance.

The Area
Homewood Suites sits amongst a row of similar hotels (ie; Holiday Inn). There are a bunch of restaurants, fast food and sit down, right down the road (walking distance) if you want a quick bite. The hotel itself, does not have a restaurant or bar. It does sell snacks and a few essentials in the lobby. The highway is very close by as well.

Overall
I would definitely recommend this hotel if you need to stay in the Sacramento area, especially if you need to stay near the airport. I booked this hotel through Expedia about 3 months ahead of time and got a price that is about 20% cheaper than Homewood's website.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The suites were great and was worth way more than the price ! It had a full kitchen with a regular sized fridge , stove top , dishwasher and microwave . Everything you needed to cook and dine in was available like plates , utensils , cutlery and cookware . The living room had a pull out sofa bed and the bedsheets that we used were placed in a bag so we knew they were clean . The pillows were abundant (6 pillows on 1 king bed) and very soft . Two flat screen TVs . The hotel had a pool and a basketball court . The free breakfast was real hot breakfast with waffles , eggs , sausages , hash browns , oatmeal and fresh fruits in addition to the usual bagels, muffins and cereals . The hotel
In itself was great . Now add its location which is very near multiple dining options/fastfood then this hotel does not disappoint ! If you want healthier choices or cook your own food , there is even a grocery store nearby . I can't find a negative thing to say about this hotel :-)

• Stayed August 2012
Dunn, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Nice place. Good breakfast. I was surprised to learn that they also do DINNER each night for guests. Although I did not have a chance to try that out, what a good idea. Lovely pool & basketball court.

Great location. Easy to get to the airport, simple to find your way into town. My only complaint--my key had to be reprogrammed on my second day there. So, I had to walk around the hotel to enter through the main door at night.

Comfey beds, thick towels. Love the suites, & the Internet gave me no problems on laptop or Kindle.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Damascus, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Spent one night here after trip to Napa Valley and had flown in and out of Sacramento so this was very close to the airport. Wish I had planned more time here after only spending about 12 hours as it was great. Only 3 years old I was told and very clean and comfortable. Staff was great, food was fine, beer and wine in the evening as well as light fare to eat. Super convenient, nice area with tons of restaurants and stores nearby. Did not get to experience breakfast as I was gone by 6 am for an early flight. What a nice place to stay.....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Koh Samui, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Nice newish and clean premises with kitchen facilities
One bedroom units are nice albeit a little clustraphobic as no balconies and its summer.
lots of fast food joints nearby and supermarket across raod

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay near the Sacramento Airport. It is only a 10-15 minute drive to the airport and they have a shuttle if needed. I stayed here the night before an early flight and found it perfect for my needs. There is a wide variety of restaurants, gas stations, etc. in the vicinity and it is an easy on/off the freeway. They have evening light meals and a nice breakfast included. The rooms have a nice kitchen so if you are staying for longer than 1 night you can opt for cooking your own meal. Since I stayed only 1 night I didn't use the kitchen but it seemed to be fully appointed. The living room is comfortable and the seperate bedroom was nice. The bed was very comfortable and they had a variety of pillows. They have a small but nice workout room and a half basketball court. The pool is a good size. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Sacramento Airport - Natomas? Share your experiences!