“Step back in time” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 83 Hotels in Sacramento
“Step back in time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay. We were given a 14th floor room and bar credit as it was my husbands birthday which was much appreciated and a nice gesture. Hotel is beautiful inside and out. Rooms our well equipped and perfect in size for us but I can see why some might say they are small by US standards . Walls are thin and can be a tad noisy but ear plugs are provided not helped though by corridor vacuuming at 8am !! Valet service excellent prompt, helpful. Bathroom amenities good. Restaurant and bar always busy.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Favignana, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I really enjoued my recent stay at the Citizen Hotel Though I was there on business the employees there made me feel at home. Leena a nice young lady from the South really puts on the charm. A true Southern Belle she's very inviting and listens to your concerns and should you have a problem Leena immediately takes action. If/ when you stay at the Citizen stop by Grange and enjoy all of there farm to table delights

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor if Fri/Sat away from 10th street
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I tend to travel a lot and so I'm always searching for quaint new, hip and out of the norm hotels. This place by far exceeds my expectations. The staff is one of the friendliest and most professional I've encountered during my travels. They train and teach them very well in regards of customer service! The interior had me gawking. The library-esque lobby, the political themed rooms and the soaking tub had me sold from the very beginning. The rooms are small (my suite was average sized), but what it makes up for size is the comfortable bed and relaxing soaking tub. The location was perfect. Right across from the park, lots of drinking and eating options. And most importantly, Starbucks is across the park from the hotel (lol). I have not one complaint of this hotel. I recommend this hotel to business, friend, couple and solo travelers. It might be a bit small for a family. Will definitely be coming back to this hotel on my next trip to Sacramento! Thank you for the wonderful hospitality!!

Room Tip: The soaking tubs are huge and make you want to stay in them forever!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel. The first time here I had forgotten my charger. The staff bent over backwards to help me. Finally, a manager leant me his personal charger. The second time here, we brought out Schnauzer because they are pet friendly. They treated us fabulously NO stinky room "reserved" for pet owners. We had a great room with a view, doggie treats, first class treatment. We are also JOIE de Vivre members and love how we are treated. I highly recommend!

Stayed March 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Found this great hotel for a 2-nite layover for a business trip - super nice hotel with some great styling, cool designs and cozy rooms. Great bar and restaurant area with super nice service, great cocktails and good food. Highly recommendable hotel. If ever to visit Sacramento again this is my hotel.......

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Love this hotel. I have stayed here twice, once for business and once for pleasure. This past weekend was amazing. Joe at the front desk was extremely helpful and the bartenders were spot on. Super location close to great restaurants and very easy to navigate to. Accomodations are typical of a historic hotel. Smaller rooms but with charm.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Very cool feel and great service. There is a good bar/restaurant, Grange, in the hotel. This place is a boutique with some serious style! The only minor downside is that the rooms are on the smallish side. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The Citizen Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!