“Excellent Resort.” 5 of 5 stars

1220 Arden Hills Lane, Sacramento, CA 95864   |
Ranked #4 of 12 Sacramento B&B and Inns
“Excellent Resort.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is the kind of hotel that you could fly in from anywhere in the world stay at the Hotel, and have a great time. This is a true resort.

The rooms are very nice, worthy of a Romantic getaway. The bathroom is very elegant and luxiourious. The hotel was very quiet when we were there. The food for breakfast was not not amazing in what they offered, or the quality, but they were good whole wheat pancakes, and the fruit was tasty.

This is a better vacation for those who like tennis, attending spas, and swimming. The Spa treatments were very personable, and treated you as their only client for the day. The Hot tubs connected to the Spas are not coed, which does limit some of the romance that you might intend with the Spa usage. The couples massage we had was very relaxing. My wife had the Hot stone, and I had a deep tissue massage.

I ended up having my haircut done stylist who works at the resort. It was a pleasant experience and I will return to have my hair cut there in the future.

If you are looking for a trip away from where you live, This is a great option, especially if you like Tennis.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

As a photographer with 28 years experience photographing weddings, I'd like to share that Arden Hills has been - for 25 years! - one of the absolute top venues in our area for Weddings and Receptions. It's beautiful to photograph and the Staff has been top-knotch. My clients consistently praise Arden Hills for the service, food, ambience and overall experience. I'm always excited to go and photograph an Arden Hills wedding because I know it's going to be great!
Chris Kight

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Downers Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We recently stayed at the Villas at Arden Hills and felt pampered the entire time. Access to the club was a very nice benefit and one to not be missed. The breakfast is made to order and the Chef was both skilled and very personable. The Tuscan ambiance was real and the lovely outdoor patio was very quaint. Would definitely stay here again. Loved the fireplace, both in the room and at breakfast in the morning!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

We live just two miles from Arden Hills. it was a stormy night and I wanted to soak in a huge tub with a fireplace in the bedroom. We checked in to The Portifino room. I was not aware that this was an actual villa with 5 guestrooms and several elegant common areas. There was only one other couple checked in so we pratically had this "mini mansion" to our selves.

In the am you head down stairs where a chef prepares you a made to order breakfast. All in all we had a nice time. The grounds of the resort are very nice. Mangoes had some good food.

The down side was the traffic noise from Fair Oaks Blvd. Also, in the am, as our room was above the kitchen, we could hear the chefs banging arounf and talking. Also, the menu selection for breakfast is not the best. Well, as they did have french toast I was bummed. My hubby was happy with his breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
St Albans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed in Portofino for 3 nights. The room is enormous and we really enjoyed it. Breakfasts were made for us downstairs and were really good except the orange juice is in a jug which you can not serve from without spilling! In the afternoon there are nice cookies and hot drinks left for self-serve. However on our nights, we never met anyone to talk to over breakfast (which is part of the fun of b+b). There was also a wedding ceremony under our balcony one evening which as UK visitors was nice to see (although the whole ceremony was finished very quickly by our standards). From Arden Hills to Sacremento center is still a good 25mins+. We did enjoy the room but it was the most expensive b+b on our holiday (we stayed in 12 over 5 weeks) and I am not sure it was really worth the extra money.We did make use of the swimming pool facilities one day and we could have made use of more that was there if we had had the time. Staff were all friendly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

All they had was a room for Friday night, so I call and ask "If we stay Friday night, can we use the resort all day on Saturday?" "Absolutely!" "Do I need to book through you, or can I book online?" "Either is fine!"

I book online.

The room is beautiful, the security guy who lets us in is very sweet, the bed is downright heavenly... I remember actually saying, "We will be back here." Breakfast was nice and simple (pastries were sort of Safeway quality, but the fresh OJ and eggs were good) and the chef/waiter was lovely.

We pack up and head to the resort for a day of exercise and pooling. The young kids say we can't go in because we had checked out. I explain and they promptly try to find a manager. They were just doing their jobs and I totally understood.

Then the "Banquet Manager" shows up and things go south. Fast.

I explain and he cops attitude. I start getting upset and he says, "If you called the Ritz, they would say the same." Um, huh? The short story is the resort charges $50 a person, a day for entry. I had just spent over $300 for a night in their Bed and Breakfast and wanted to be a repeat customer. Was it worth $100 to the resort to ruin this potential relationship and inherent marketing? I was ready to leave a glowing review...

Then the "Banquet Manager" got even cockier.

I am a very calm and friendly person. I actually love people. Therefore having my blood pressure raised so dramatically for the most ridiculous reason is extremely frustrating. I work in customer service as an advertising exec and rule number one is to treat your client as you would your friend. Build good relationships, build your business. I had to demand the "Banquet Manager" go talk to another supervisor. All of this for $100. How much is marketing worth? These days of Yelp and Twitter, etc. all businesses need to be wary of whom they put in front of their customers. Not the kids at the counters, as there is an understanding that they are young and learning, but the management is a different story.

The "Banquet Manager" came back and begrudgingly apologized that the woman I spoke to had remembered the conversation and he was sorry he took my time. Not sorry he was a jerk, mind you. Just that my 15 minutes was wasted on his need to exercise what little power he possesses in this world.

So, I was furious and could not calm back down for a good hour. All for what? $100?

I truly hope the "Banquet Manager" takes some management classes to learn how to treat potential repeat customers. This experience was unacceptable, ESPECIALLY in a place that claims "exceptional service".

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

On 1st glance, this is a very nice venue. It is clean, comfortable, and offers a warm feeling. Once you get settled in, is when the issues mount. 1st, this place has paper thin walls. The wedding guests next door were extremely loud and kept us up for a good portion of the night. Secondly, the Villas offers poor parking accommodations in a gravel lot. You can park in the main lot of the spa but they will charge you. Inside the villas,you feel like you are in a mini mansion. The bed and rooms are warm and comfortable. But when we took a shower, we found that the faucet was broken. There wasn't much staff available during our stay. The staff that we did meet with at their office across the parking lot was average at best, never once attempting to make our visit exceptional.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Villas at Arden Hills Resort Club & Spa? Share your experiences!