“Average accomodations” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Sacramento B&B and Inns
Sacramento, California
“Average accomodations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

On 1st glance, this is a very nice venue. It is clean, comfortable, and offers a warm feeling. Once you get settled in, is when the issues mount. 1st, this place has paper thin walls. The wedding guests next door were extremely loud and kept us up for a good portion of the night. Secondly, the Villas offers poor parking accommodations in a gravel lot. You can park in the main lot of the spa but they will charge you. Inside the villas,you feel like you are in a mini mansion. The bed and rooms are warm and comfortable. But when we took a shower, we found that the faucet was broken. There wasn't much staff available during our stay. The staff that we did meet with at their office across the parking lot was average at best, never once attempting to make our visit exceptional.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

My husband and I recently visited Sacramento for a wedding and decided to make a whoel romantic weekend out of it. We stayed 2 nights in the villas here. We had a wonderful time! Upon check-in we were asked what time we'd like breakfast (their chef comes over to the villas to cook right there in the kitchen for you!). I think this was one of my favorite parts about staying here. After checking in to the villas we wandered over to see the pool and fitness grounds and were in awe! There were multiple pools and tons of tennis courts for us to use. So the next morning, after breakfast, my husband and I played tennis, layed by the pool (were waited on hand and foot out there) and enjoyed a couples massage in the spa here. Could not have had a better time! Not to mention the wedding was beautiful on these grounds! Absolutely perfect!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
reno, n
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

My girlfriends and I stayed at The Villas for a girls night away. We had a blast. The accommodations are STUNNING. We loved that you get to use the entire resort when you stay there. Rooms are clean and comfortable. We didn't eat there, but they did arrange our dinner reservations for us and a ride. I will be going back and HIGHLY recommend people try it.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

I recently stayed at Arden Hills for a friend's wedding. At the rehearsal the night before, I was told by the resort's wedding coordinator that there would be no place for the groomsmen to get ready for the wedding and that we can't show up before 5:00 for a 6:00 wedding because we would not be allowed to use the property. This, no doubt, was in conflict with what the bride had been promised at the time of booking. Nonetheless, I was not concerned because I had reserved a large room adjacent to the ceremony site and offered to make that available for all the groomsmen to get dressed. The wedding coordinator then cautioned me that Arden Hills does not alloe parties so it was not advised. With a $360 per night room rate for a Sacramento inn, I wasn't about to worry about extra guests in my room for an expensive and classy wedding.
On the day of the wedding, pictures were planned for 2:00 for the groomsmen. I showed up at the resort at 1:30 to check-in and was told that check-in was at 4:00. I asked if the room was still occupied and they said that is was available. A little puzzled, I asked the man at the front desk why I couldn't check-in now if the room was ready. He said that I could in fact check-in, but it would cost an extra $25 per hour. Before I could respond, my wife chimed in and told him that was not an option and that we needed to be checked-in immediately. Her intimidating stare and tone were enough to encourage the man to let us in, but it never should have come to that.
The room was nice and we settled in. I then spoke with 2 other groomsmen who had arrived and had already been yelled at by some resort manager for ordering an overpriced drink at the bar. Apparently, only members can order from the bar, not groomsmen associated with an expensive wedding. The manager proceeded to kick them out of the bar area all together and asked that they wait in the lobby. Eventually, we all ended up in my room and were able to get ready for the wedding. I expected much better and kinder service.
Since when did the Watt Avenue/Carmichael area in Sacramento become so exclusive? I hadn't been in the area for about 10 years, but I remember feeling lucky if no one shot at me or tried to steal my car everytime I had been in the area in the past.
The room was very nice and large, but the service was terrible and just plain rude. I thought the wedding was nice, but in speaking with the bride the next day, there were many details that Arden Hills neglected. The best part of the resort was breakfast in the morning. The chef provided excellent service and was very accomodating.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
traveler9096
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2008

The Villas were beautiful! The grounds are absolutely stunning and the service is exceptional. I would definitely return. The beds are sooo nice and it's very relaxing and quiet. You get a day pass to the entire country club and can use the pool, bar, restaurant, day spa, and fitness center. Worth every penny.

• Liked — The breakfast was great, very relaxing and beautiful grounds!!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Villas at Arden Hills Resort Club & Spa? Share your experiences!