“Excellent Sparkling Wine, Beautiful View” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Wineries, Art Galleries
Attraction Details
Riverside County
19 attraction reviews
“Excellent Sparkling Wine, Beautiful View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a good place to do some wine tasting in Napa. You are served wine in an outdoor patio that over looks the vines. They have several different flights with the least expensive being about $20 for 6 tastings. The only food they serve is plates of fruit and nuts which are nothing special. If you like sparking wine, then definitely stop here in Napa.

Sonoma, California
“too many good wineries to bother stopping here for bad service and wine club!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

this is a beautiful place with great views, decent sparkling especially the DVX) and the optional Oak terrace upgrade used to be a great experience as well as the gallery. I used to recommend and visit this place often and have brought numerous out of town guests.

The staff quality, friendliness and attention to detail have deteriorated so badly that I no longer will visit or recommend them.

To make things worse we canceled our membership but thought we could use our leftover certificates for Oak terrace tastings($40 per ticket X 4 sets) but when we went back we were told that we would have to reapply as members to sue something we had already paid for!? Begrudginly, I agreed to sign up for the sparkling membership like we had before(of course they could not just reactivate our old membership from 6 months prior?) so thinking we were being offered the same membership for approx. $100 per quarter I was shocked when I received a charge for $300?

After contacting the wine club the lady was more interested in pointing fingers than resolving the issue and continued to challenge that I must have known! I told her to look at our history which she did not do. Finally, she offered to change it back to what I thought I was getting but she said we were stuck with this shipment since it had been paid for? (cant they credit it since we didn't pick it up yet?

I think I will just sell or give away my Oak terrace certificates and cancel my membership!

BTW, after rejoining we still were not seated at the Oak terrace after 30 minutes even though they said it would only be a few minutes.

Go to Chandon, Gloria Ferrer or other sparkling wineries for a better experience!

Visited May 2013
28 attraction reviews
“Tour and Taste”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We joined an 11am tour and found guide very informative and thought our tour was an excellent introduction to the art of champagne making. We highly recommend tour here! We tasted as we toured. Two non-alcoholic selections, one juice and one carbonated blend, were poured as well. We have a nice collection of stemware from our tour! We had visited the outdoor tasting area on a previous visit and enjoyed the experience. Members of the wine club are seated in an upgraded area with soft couches; for the rest of us, garden chairs sufficed!

Napa, California
24 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Wines and better art!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Took my girlfriend to enjoy some sparkling wine and was surprised at their extensive photography exhibit collection.

The sparkling wines were amazing and with a view that was spectacular. The view is one of my favorites especially come fall when the leaves are changing colors but on a rainy day was no less enjoyable.

The Blanc de blanc was my favorite with their brut-prestige and santana spectacular a close second and third. All the wines were good though and I enjoyed the experience. Afterwards we went through the photo-exhibit and was surprised at the Ansel Adam's art that they had. It was a lot of fun and I would send anyone who asked their way to enjoy it hopefully as much as I did.

Thanks Mumm!

Boulder, Colorado
“Excellent, informative tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This winery provides a wonderfully informative tour. We learned of the varieties of grapes, toured the various portions of the factory, and over all had an excellent time. The 10 AM tour is free, but does not provide wine tasting. The hourly tours after are $25 and consist of 2 tastings and a very nice glass to take with you. If you purchase wine after your tour you receive a 15% discount. On the way out there is a small, but very nice display of photos by Ansel Adams as well as other artists.