“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rutherford
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We came back for a stay after enjoying the restaurant during a visit last year. Our room was fantastic, with inviting, relaxing and pleasing decor. There is a great sense of privacy, helped by the arrangement of the rooms in bungalows. Of course, the view from the restaurant is stunning, and as a hotel guest it's great to be able to experience the view during breakfast in the morning. The room is stocked daily with lots of interesting food and beverage selections.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was so looking forward to my return visit to Auberge Du Soleil - after my first visit 3 years ago, I didn't think that any place could ever match it. I was also looking forward to my stay in the new Saint Tropez room after reading so much about it in the press. I believed that the premium cost would be worth it.

Pros:
The room is spacious and the bathroom is well designed (like all the other rooms on the property). Outlets are in all the right places and there is plenty of storage room.The room was exceptionally clean and maintained accordingly throughout our 3 night visit. I love the huge 55 inch tv (just wish that it worked - more on that later). Loved the idea of heated tile floors (just wished that they worked - more on that later). Staff at breakfast was friendly and efficient - otherwise, never really saw anyone. In fact, when we checked out, I think that the staff were surprised that we were even there - who are those people? more on that later. I think that my building of 8 rooms was basically empty, which was in part nice, but then I wondered - why didn't they upgrade us to a nicer room, since there is so much vacancy? The fridge was stocked with nice refreshments and a yummy cheese tray was sent to our room as amendment for a few missteps.

Cons:
I can't make the value equation work, maybe others can. The new room was just not as nice as the older room in terms of furnishings. There is no comfy place to sit in the room - it's either the bed or two hard rattan chairs. TV viewing is only possible from the bed. The satellite kept going out in my room, so I basically turned it off. I could get the Bose system to connect with my mobile device, so I had no music. If the floors were heated, I could never tell. Water pressure in the shower was non-existent. Icing on the cake was that the electrical outlets in the bathroom were blocked somehow.

I enjoyed my staysail Auberge, but not as much as 3 years ago and maybe that's just how it works. Will I return, probably, but after they work some of the kinks out of the new room design. Because we never really saw anyone, I never felt very welcomed - sort of a paradox - you want privacy, but not so much that you feel isolated and unwelcomed..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had very high expectations during our visit to Auberge and they were all full filled!!
Nice hotel, lovely room, full of amenities and other nice stuff, very courteous service (real smiles an lot's of attention), nice pool staff and cleaning and turndown of the room right on spot when requested or when we didn't notice them! The spa is also very good with great therapists.The view at the restaurant is super relaxing and having breakfast admiring the view was a promise of a marvelous day ahead!!
We will come back for sure!!

Room Tip: Stay on upper floor so you avoid listening to the noises that come from above!! We had a corner roo...
Wyckoff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I would always choose a boutique hotel if we had to make a decision and the Auberge did not dissapoint! Our Napa trip was so amazing that I am actually speechless. Thank you to all at the Auberge for one of our more memorable getaways.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Avignon 1 and were surprised at our beautiful view from our terrace.
New York City, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Auberge is by far the Number 1 hotel in all Wine Country CA. There is no other place like this from the hotel rooms, staff, service , spa , pools , restaurant. Everything is above perfection. They even have Mercedes you can take around for no cost. I highly recommend this resort if you are going to napa and wine country . It's in a perfect dental location close to all the best winery's and food. You can walk or drive 1/2 mile to hall which is amazing .

• Stayed July 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Food, service, ambience, view... Everything about our meal there was outstanding. The servers are very knowledgeable about the food and the wine, and they are attentive without getting in the way. The food was excellent - we had the pork chop and the ahi tuna. Loved everything in the bread basket. Try to get a table on the deck if you're there during the day; the view is wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife booked us for lunch on a hot Napa day. You know those photos you see in fancy gourmet and travel magazines? This place lived up to what a perfect, luxury meal should be.

We sat outside on the deck, overlooking the beautiful valley. The restaurant is perched on the edge of a cliff, so the view is impressive and unimpeded. It was a warm day and the A/C was cranking inside, but to sit outside (just a bit overheated) with the ceiling fans overhead was the place to be. At least 40% of my enjoyment of the meal was based on the location/ambiance/view.

The service was universally perfect. The head waiter was friendly, knowledgeable and approachable (not snooty at all.) The staff kept water glasses full (important when it's hot) and removed used plates unobtrusively.

The food: In a word, amazing. So often, fancy or famous places disappoint when it comes to the food, but that was definitely NOT the case here. I had the heirloom tomato mozzarella salad followed by seared ahi tuna. Both were prepared to perfection. Everyone at the table (including kids 8 and 10) really enjoyed their food.

The wine and beer selection was excellent and the waiter was a big help in assisting us with our selections. For dessert he suggested the profiteroles, which weren't on the menu, but he said, "We'll make them for you." Fantastic!

To sum up, if you want an A+ meal in an almost magical location, this is a place to go.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutherford
Bardessono
Andaz Napa
#4 of 27 in Napa
4.5 of 5 stars 1,250 reviews
Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort

Been to Auberge du Soleil? Share your experiences!