“Fabulous stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rowland Heights
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fabulous stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I recently stayed at the Best Western Plus Roland Heights and it was a fantastic stay. Great location, convenient to everything, service was outstanding, and the rooms were so comfortable and updated which was very nice.
I highly recommending this property to stay... Can't wait to go back not to mention outstanding security patrol which I've the opportunity to observe from my balcony room.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Best Western-Ex... I, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to input your review. I am glad that our location and our room quality were able to meet your expectations. In addition, I am glad you noticed our security patrol, who works hard to keep the property safe and sound. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tainan, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Location is perfect, service is good and food are good too.Only the price getting higher and higher. Wish the price can keep as low as possible. I have staid at this hotel for many nights from 15 years ago. Will keep it in my first choice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Best Western-Ex... I, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you Jih for taking the time to input your review. I am glad you enjoyed the convenience of our location, along with our friendly staff. We want to thank you for your continuous support over the years. We are constantly looking for new ways to improve our hotel property, which often includes upgrading to newer amenities. While this may affect the rate over the years, your satisfaction is important to us and we will always strive to provide the lowest rates possible. Thank you again for your response and we look forward to serving you again.

No. Cal.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I opted for the Interior access Deluxe Room on this visit, as oppose to the "Business Plus Room", due to a shorter stay, and felt that it is worth a try to see the difference of accommodation among the two categories. Being a single female traveler, I feel the $20 price difference is worthwhile on a security standpoint, even though I understand that there is a security guard that periodically check on the hotel premise. Both of the room types are roomy, equipped with a couch which can double as a sofa bed, small refrigerator, microwave, flat screen TV, desk and ergonomic chair. There is an additional small safe, as well as two bathrobes hanging in the closet of the Deluxe Room.

On both occasions, I found the employees working at the front desk to be courteous and efficient. I stopped by every morning during my stays to request for a copy of the USA Today newspaper, which are being kept behind the counter. I also appreciate the availability of coffee and lime flavored water at the lobby across from the registration counter.

What I found different on this recent stay from previous is that I was provided with a voucher for breakfast during each day of my stay and the attendants diligently collect the vouchers from each guests upon their entry to the breakfast area. In addition, they have another room set up for breakfast, other than the breakfast area by the hotel lobby adjacent to the staircase. I was NOT informed that there is a variations of items being served among the two breakfast areas, and guest cannot float from one area to another at check-in.

On the first morning of my stay, I went to the original breakfast designated area and find that the area was not as busy as I remembered it to be from previous visit. Only to find out that all the Asian breakfast items such as congee, soy milk and the steamed bun is no longer available there. However, there are many other breakfast items choices available . I had my usual cup of coffee, a muffin and a danish. I love the PANCAKE machine, which discharged 2 pancakes with each press of the button. That were more than sufficient for me to hold till lunchtime. Other available items that I didn't have included scrambled eggs, sausages and potato tots, chunks of fresh fruits, bagels and toasts, as well as a machine that dispense 3 choices of different flavor of hot cereals.

Just to be fair, I located the room which serve predominately Asian breakfast items. The hotel open up two of the meeting rooms and set it up several small square tables as well as large round tables. This room is well attended comparing to the other breakfast area, which is not surprising, since majority of the hotel clients are of Asian decent. Other than the congee with several offerings of condiments, sweet soy milk, and Chinese steamed mini buns; there is a waffle machine that is popular with the kids, dry cereals, watermelon slices, pastries, coffee and tea. I enjoy both of my experience, and would not go hungry at either breakfast location. If you enjoy tranquility in the morning, have breakfast at area by the hotel lobby facing the pool, and if you have a craving for Asian breakfast items and don't mind the hustling and bustling environment, head to the meeting room down the corridor from the elevator.

Hotel guests will never go hungry staying at this hotel due to the proximity of restaurants within walking distance of this hotel. The Mandarin Plaza, which is a stone throw away is adjacent to the hotel, and across the street from Mandarin Plaza, there is another shopping plaza, featuring several Asian restaurants and the Ranch 99 Market on Nogales Street. The Four Seasons Plaza at City of Industry is less than 10 minutes leisure walk on the other side of the hotel on E. Gale Avenue, which house various choices of restaurants, cafes and bakery.

Room Tip: I have stay at both the "Business Plus Room" as well as the "Deluxe Room" at thi...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you Lani for taking the time to share your stay with us. I am glad that our rooms and breakfast were able to meet your expectations. I am happy to hear you enjoyed both our Asian breakfast, as well as our hot, American breakfast. We work hard and strive to keep a variety in our breakfast. In fact, fresh fruits are our newest addition on the breakfast menu! Furthermore, I am glad you enjoyed the convenience of our location. Thank you again for your review and we hope to serve you again in the future.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Lotsa Chinese and Filipinos around the area, close to a grocery and several good read tyrants, but sadly 30 minutes away from downtown LA, one good resto near is Bouling Crab.. You guys should definitely try it!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to input your review. I am glad you enjoyed the convenience of our location to local restaurants and businesses nearby. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Frisco, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for four nights, attending a wedding on the fourth day. The room was pre-booked and pre-paid by the host family, so we had not much choice for the room type. Upon checking in, we were given a room with two queen beds on the ground floor facing the pool. When asking the front desk for a king room upgrade, we were told that the difference would be $60 per night and had only one night available. So, we just accepted the assigned room, and were given eight tickets which were required to use the complimentary breakfast – sounded cheap to us as we were regular Hampton customers where breakfasts were open to all customers.
The first indication of problem was the room keys required a few swipes to get a green light by chance. It got worse instead of improving. As we entered the room, we were hit by a strong stale smell while the air conditioner unit was already at 68 degrees and fan running at high speed. This became less offensive as we conditioned to the smell, not that the smell ever went away. We did not go back to the front office to try to get another room because our short conversations with them, both on the phone prior to this trip and upon arrival, clearly indicated that they were really not amenable to make any changes because the room was booked “via third-party”. Buyers be aware: we encountered the same attitude from various hotels, both domestic and overseas, when we booked rooms through Hotel.com or similar internet vendors. This time, our nephew booked the four rooms via Expedia.
We settled down and enjoyed the Los Angeles shopping and dining, and that was great. This hotel was situated in a very busy Chinese-centric part of Rowland Heights, so, we really had a blast in getting great Chinese meals and buying imported stuff in the stores nearby.
Back to the hotel – the breakfasts in the morning were pathetic (may be too strong a word). They were served in two separate rooms labeled as “Western” and “Chinese”, with a couple young attendants at each entrance, strictly enforcing the ticket collections. One could only use the ticket on either room, and they were not interchangeable. The selections were FAR CRY from those hotels in Hong Kong or China where they laid out gourmet eastern and western items. Most of the customers congregated in the “Chinese” room where toast, waffle, beagle and other western breakfast items were available. The choice of Chinese items were few, and my wife told me that a couple meat items were “not so fresh”. We ate mainly waffles and drank coffee every morning at the “Chinese” room. We hardly see any customers in the “Western” room when we walked by.
The other cons are: microwave did not work, but we discovered the problem on the third evening, so we did not bother to report. The bath towels were thread bare, and some were torn on the edges. A nice TV was solidly mounted on the wall, but the channel guide in the book was way outdated. I found CNN by channel surfing, but when called the front desk for Fox News Channel number, it took him a while to figure it out, and it was over twenty channels away from CNN – not common in other hotels where both channels were usually pretty closed together. The hotel was sandwiched between two very busy streets and a very busy freeway was only a stone-throw away, so finding a quiet room would probably be a great challenge.
There were some pros: the front desk associates were very friendly and helpful, perfectly fluent in English and Mandarin, so communications were never problem. Parking spaces were plentiful, and we observed security guards. Great location for shopping and dining, if one likes oriental stuff. There were also quite a few western restaurants and bars_n_grills nearby as we drove around. Its proximity to Ontario Airport, only half an hour distance traveling away from Los Angeles downtown. I could not imagine the traffic to and from LAX during the weekdays! Even on the weekend, our relatives had to drive hour and half to get the LAX car rental center.
Some thoughts to share: this hotel catered heavily to tours groups from mainland China, so be prepared to become tolerance on some cultural behaviors – often, standing on line or politeness stepping aside at doorways or lift entrances usually did not apply. Loud discussions in public places and groups’ on passage ways reluctant to let others pass by were also common place. Although we did not paid for the room, we understood the Expedia prices for the room my nephew booked for the wedding were quite a bit better than similar class hotels around these area. So, these were things to consider and be aware before booking into these hotel.

Room Tip: We were told by the front desk that the ground floor rooms were quieter since there were sound barri...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Best Western-Ex... I, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you Jim for taking the time to input your review at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. There are a few issues I would like to address that you brought up. In regards to our third party reservations, we have always valued our strong, professional relationship with our third party affiliates and therefore, follow their booking instructions very carefully. We always honor the selected room types booked and are always more than happy to accommodate any specific room requests, based on availability. Because third party guests do not book directly with us and we do not handle any of the room charges, it is difficult for us to upgrade any room types without any additional costs.

In addition, at our property, we have 4 different room types that include different amenities, which values at different rates for each room type. For third party reservations, we charge a $15+tax per night surcharge, for an upgrade to the next room type up, based on availability. I apologize we were not able to accommodate your room upgrade during your stay, due to the high occupancy for those allotted dates. In regards to our breakfast, during high occupancy seasons we open a second breakfast room to better prevent our guests from overcrowding. Because our breakfast offers a wider selection of Asian breakfast items, in addition to our hot, American breakfast, this usually draws a larger crowd, thus, the second breakfast room has proved more convenient for our guests.

In regards to all the issues you experienced with your room, again, I would like to apologize for all the inconveniences. Please understand if you are unsatisfied with your room, we are more than happy to switch you to another room, if you inform the front desk regarding the situation. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using your feedback to implement future improvements with both our housekeeping and our maintenance department. Please understand that summer is a high season and this is far, from the standard of service we always strive to provide. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Rowland Heights, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Great hotel and friendly staff, nice breakfast. Stay in non-freeway side. Nice rooms and wonderful lobby. Great conference center and the hotel is clean. Lots of close good restaurants that you can walk to. Most all businesses are Chinese style and feels like you took a walk into Asia without having to leave the country!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Best Western-Ex... I, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. I am glad that our rooms and service were able to meet your expectations, along with the convenience of our location. We appreciate your business and support and we hope to serve you again in the future. Once again, thank you for your response.

Tokyo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Great location but the rate is a little too high. Free wifi & breakfast is a plus! Breakfast ends at 9:30, got there at 9:20, staff was already taking food away. A couple came in 5 mins after me and the staff just kept clearing out the food, I find that very rude. If breakfast is over at 9:30 they should start clearing food out at 9:30 not before 9:30!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Best Western-Ex... I, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you Suzy for taking the time to input your review. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and enjoyed the convenience of our free Wi-Fi internet. Unfortunately, I apologize breakfast items were cleared before 9:30 AM. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will work with our breakfast attendants to avoid this issue in the future. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to serve you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rowland Heights
Quality Inn & Suites Walnut
BEST WESTERN Diamond Bar Hotel & Suites
Pacific Palms Resort
Pacific Palms Resort
#1 of 1 in City of Industry
3.5 of 5 stars 205 reviews
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda H...
#1 of 3 in Hacienda Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 85 reviews
Ayres Suites Diamond Bar
Ayres Suites Diamond Bar
#1 of 3 in Diamond Bar
4.5 of 5 stars 421 reviews
Holiday Inn Select Diamond Bar

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Executive Inn? Share your experiences!