“Fabulous food in a fun French environment!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #95 of 371 restaurants in Roseville
Cuisines: Dessert
placerville,ca
“Fabulous food in a fun French environment!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I went here with three other ladies and all were happy with the spread of food- tea sandwiches, desserts, scones etc. The selection of teas and alternatives was wide and the costume closet was fun. Our hostess was friendly and the servise was great. Looking forward to going back!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

64% Recommend
rocklin
“Wonderful Gir Scout Adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We booked the etiquette class and lunch experience. First we were allowed to visit the trunks and choose some dress up clothes! The girls, being in first grade, thought this was the best part of the whole thing. We were then sat at a table and. Taught about our table setting, our manners, and how to drink our tea. It was a great time and I will return for another experience soon!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sacramento, California
“Satisfactory”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My daughter and I finally tried this tea room which we should have a long time ago. It was the traditional high tea experience except we were surprised our salad, quiche and soup came after everything else. We had to brew our own tea which they provided a timer for. Only one scone which was very good but cinnamon roll was hard. The sandwiches were all good. Quiche and soup were good. I forgot to ask for dressing on side for salad as I don't care for viniagrette. My fault. As noted in other reviews service was slow. You can't be in a hurry. The decor is not traditional Victorian style. Kind of plain jane I thought. It's behind their cafe so the room has no windows and the walls are painted red with not a lot of decoration. Servers were very pleasant. We would return and we would recommend but I would be disappointed also if it was the same food each time. Try it out.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food and always a great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Dash probably at least a half dozen times and always enjoy it! The food is consistently good, and there is plenty of it! I do wish, for the sake of us regulars, that they would vary the menu from time to time, as others have also suggested, but it is so yummy nonetheless. One thing I do feel uncomfortable about is when they come out and ask you to share a memory (about Mothers Day or Christmas, since those are the times I usually go) with the room, most of which are strangers. For introverts like me, it strikes panic in the heart. Other friends of mine have expressed that they feel that it is awkward. That being said, I still love Dash enough to keep going back, and am so glad to see it is still thriving in this economy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
granite bay
“Tea Time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have been to Dash of Panache several times over the years.
The food is good , but it doesn't vary much. It seems they have had the same menu for a few years. It isn't your typical tea parlor , They also have a fun vanity closet where you can choose fun hats and things to dress up in while you are sipping your tea.
It is hard to get a reservation , with my experience, you call and leave a message and wait for them to call you back, it could be from one day to 4 days before they call you back.
They have specials online from time to time -- redplum, livingsocial, etc. , and please read the very small print - even though you pay ahead of time for this tea, you and your friends can't all go in together and have tea and use your coupons , they will only let you use one coupon per table.

• Visited April 2012