“Loud slamming doors and teenagers running amok” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1920 Taylor Road, Roseville, CA 95661   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #13 of 18 hotels in Roseville
San Jose, CA
“Loud slamming doors and teenagers running amok”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2007

this was a terrible, terrible stay. I don't know how many more things could go wrong. First, before arriving - I called the day before to order a mini fridge. I'm a mother of an infant and need a fridge to store milk. I was told - no problem. I got there, and told the front desk that I had ordered a mini fridge, he said it wasn't on my reservation but that he'd order it right away. It never came. I left to go to dinner, came back and asked if they had delivered one while I was out. The guy said no, and that they were all out. ???????????

I was very upset and ended up using the icebucket and ice and constantly refilling it. Then, I went to bed at 10pm but ended up having to soothe my daughter back to sleep over and over again because the doors along the hall SLAM Shut so loud you think everyone is leaving their rooms angry. I was completely horrified at how loud the doors were. To make matters worse, there were teenagers who were making noise until 1am. Walking by my door, stopping in front of it and talking. At 1am all the noise finally stopped, but only to start with the door banging at 4am when some were getting up to start their day. It was the worst stay I've had in a long time. I got very little sleep and had a terrible next day as a result. I will never stay here again.

• Liked — there was one young lady at the front desk - whose name I can't remember - she was very helpful
  • Disliked — Loud, Sleepless Night
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Paso Robles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2006

We stayed one night at the Courtyard and were very happy with the accomadations. The hotel seemed very new, new paint, carpet, beds, etc. The bed was fantastic. Plenty of pillows and super-soft high thread count sheets. The bathroom featured a seperate sink outside, which is very convenient. We were placed next to an outside doorway and staircase, but noise wasn't a problem. The hotel is in a safe area and just minutes away from the huge shopping center in Roseville.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2005

Decent hotel, decent facilities and accomodating staff.

We especially appreciated the staff at check out. My wife has health issues and she had a flair up while we were staying at the hotel. We needed to have a later check-out and once I explained the situation to the front desk, they were sympathetic and allowed us to check out later at no extra charge.

We had breakfast at the restaurant and it was very good.

Our only complaint is about Marriott's reservation system. EVERY time we stay at a Marriott, we have basically the same problem when we make a reservation. I called the first time and asked for a rate, which seemed very high compared to other Marriott's in the area which are much nicer. I asked for a breakfast package, which most of the Marriott's have, and was rudely informed that it wasn't offered at this facility. I hung up and dialed right back. I spoke to another representative that gave me a rate $30 lower AND free breakfast for two. I was pretty upset and asked the reservationist WHY this always happens. She said the hotels themselves "hide" their best rates so the central reservation staff has to search for the best rate at each hotel. Why can't the best rate be given the first time and why do we have to dicker like car salesmen? It doesn't make sense.

So, when we checked in, guess what happened? The desk clerk didn't give us our coupons for the free breakfast. When I asked for them, she said it wasn't part of our package. I informed her it was and was going to head back to the car to get the emailed reservation. She then said I was right, breakfast was part of the package and she didn't understand WHY I was given this package for such a low rate. (Which really wasn't THAT low of a rate to begin with.)

All-in-all, a decent place, though I might try another hotel the next time I'm in the area just because I don't like the Marriott reservation system.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
Modesto, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

I was greeted by a friendly desk clerk who welcomed me and noted my award number was in the computer. The hotel offers a drink hour for a fee in the evening. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Nothing fancy but decent--certainly above average. The bed and pillows were really soft. My husband loved this but like the previous review, not good for back issues. The TV was at an odd angle for watching from the bed. No HBO or DVD player. We had a great view of a beautiful huge oak tree. The vanity area was cramped--no room for the bathroom door, the closet door, and someone standing at the sink. The exercise room was decent with a TV and automatic air freshener plus towels were provided. The inside pool was cold! After mentioning this to the front desk, I was told the heater had been turned off when it should not have been. Towels were provided at the pool. About 15 teenaged boys (later I heard they were a soccer team) envaded the pool as I was exiting and waiting for the elevator. The elevator took a lengthy time going from floor 3 to the lobby--the sound of loud voices and the alarm going off could be heard (the boys were in the elevator). At 11pm, the troop of teenagers stormed past my room. From 11pm to midnight, everyone on the 3rd floor seemed to be entering and exiting their rooms. I peered outside my door to see if I was located near the stair doors......unfortunately, all the room doors slam and vibrate the walls. My room was not sound proof obviously. If I hadn't been watching a movie (but was attempting to sleep instead), I would have complained to the front desk. Breakfast was included in our $109 room rate. Breakfast was awesome with cook to order eggs and more food than you could possibly eat. The waitress was friendly and efficient. Checkout took a lengthy 20 minutes. I paid with a guest card and cash. The first desk clerk couldn't figure out how to complete the transaction, so she called the front desk manager, who also didn't know what she was doing. My receipt didn't make sense but she figured out the correct amount I owed. I would stay here again if I knew the pool would be heated and if there were not any teenaged teams staying at the same time.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
MAGALIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2005

Very nice hotel in a convenient location. The Galleria Mall with all its shops, restaurants and department stores is only a couple of minutes away. Try to get a room on the back side of the hotel (off the freeway) and you can enjoy the view of an adjacent nature preserve. Relax in a beauiful pool or outside on a calm and pretty terrace. The standard guest rooms are a little bit cramped (dont even try to use the fold-out sofa bed because then you cannot move around at all). Decoration and furniture are bright and cheerful. Even a lot of little extras are offered, like coffee, tea, drinking water and - of course - in-room-movies. Sufficient closet space, nice fluffy towels and a good shower. The matresses (like in all Marriott hotels) are a matter of personal taste. I suffer from back pain and for me they are painfully soft: one reason why I dont stay in Marriott hotels often anymore.

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Roseville? Share your experiences!