“Great staff, clean rooms, noisy guests!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Modesto, CA
“Great staff, clean rooms, noisy guests!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

I was greeted by a friendly desk clerk who welcomed me and noted my award number was in the computer. The hotel offers a drink hour for a fee in the evening. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Nothing fancy but decent--certainly above average. The bed and pillows were really soft. My husband loved this but like the previous review, not good for back issues. The TV was at an odd angle for watching from the bed. No HBO or DVD player. We had a great view of a beautiful huge oak tree. The vanity area was cramped--no room for the bathroom door, the closet door, and someone standing at the sink. The exercise room was decent with a TV and automatic air freshener plus towels were provided. The inside pool was cold! After mentioning this to the front desk, I was told the heater had been turned off when it should not have been. Towels were provided at the pool. About 15 teenaged boys (later I heard they were a soccer team) envaded the pool as I was exiting and waiting for the elevator. The elevator took a lengthy time going from floor 3 to the lobby--the sound of loud voices and the alarm going off could be heard (the boys were in the elevator). At 11pm, the troop of teenagers stormed past my room. From 11pm to midnight, everyone on the 3rd floor seemed to be entering and exiting their rooms. I peered outside my door to see if I was located near the stair doors......unfortunately, all the room doors slam and vibrate the walls. My room was not sound proof obviously. If I hadn't been watching a movie (but was attempting to sleep instead), I would have complained to the front desk. Breakfast was included in our $109 room rate. Breakfast was awesome with cook to order eggs and more food than you could possibly eat. The waitress was friendly and efficient. Checkout took a lengthy 20 minutes. I paid with a guest card and cash. The first desk clerk couldn't figure out how to complete the transaction, so she called the front desk manager, who also didn't know what she was doing. My receipt didn't make sense but she figured out the correct amount I owed. I would stay here again if I knew the pool would be heated and if there were not any teenaged teams staying at the same time.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
MAGALIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2005

Very nice hotel in a convenient location. The Galleria Mall with all its shops, restaurants and department stores is only a couple of minutes away. Try to get a room on the back side of the hotel (off the freeway) and you can enjoy the view of an adjacent nature preserve. Relax in a beauiful pool or outside on a calm and pretty terrace. The standard guest rooms are a little bit cramped (dont even try to use the fold-out sofa bed because then you cannot move around at all). Decoration and furniture are bright and cheerful. Even a lot of little extras are offered, like coffee, tea, drinking water and - of course - in-room-movies. Sufficient closet space, nice fluffy towels and a good shower. The matresses (like in all Marriott hotels) are a matter of personal taste. I suffer from back pain and for me they are painfully soft: one reason why I dont stay in Marriott hotels often anymore.

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Roseville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Courtyard by Marriott Roseville

Address: 1920 Taylor Road, Roseville, CA 95661
Location: United States > California > Roseville
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Hotel Class:3 star — Courtyard by Marriott Roseville 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Roseville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Courtyard By Marriott Roseville Hotel Roseville
Courtyard Roseville
Roseville Courtyard
Roseville Marriott

If you own or manage Courtyard by Marriott Roseville, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.