“Standard Courtyard - Above Average Service” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Points Promo
Ranked #13 of 18 hotels in Roseville
NC
“Standard Courtyard - Above Average Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a pretty standard Courtyard property. Location was good for my needs. It's clean and comfortable overall and never felt unsafe or unwelcome even late at night. There are several restaurant choices very close by and the Bistro inside the hotel will do in a pinch, although breakfast service is quite slow, so pass if your in a hurry (it's fine if you just want a coffee to go). Rooms are pretty standard and were clean and well kept. Beds were a little soft but generally OK. Service was really quite good and I was always greeted with a warm smile. Staff was very good overall. There are about 6 comparable hotel chains within walking distance of each other in this location so if you shop around, you can get a pretty good deal on rates.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. They're slightly larger.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jessica S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Roseville, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - we truly appreciate your feedback. We're excited that you noticed our service -- we take pride in going the extra mile to make our guests feel welcome! We also will surely share your feedback about our Bistro with the rest of our team so that we can ensure we are improving our efficiency there. Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you're in Roseville!

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

This weekend I am surpring my little boy with a "mama and me" weekend and we will be staying here. I am looking forward to his face when he sees where we stay. I will review the experience when the weekend is over!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jessica S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Roseville, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We are so excited you've chosen us for your special getaway! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay a great one! Hopefully, you both will enjoy our indoor pool and onsite Bistro, and if you need any recommendations for what to do in the area, please touch base with any of our Guest Services agents. See you soon!
illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Chose this due to location. Not the best but it was ok. Rooms are very small booked by Orbitz. Pictures are deceiving!
Thought I purchased a suite, not close. The receptionist stated she gave us a nice room with balcony. Room was ok for very short stay, would not recommend for a long stay.
Close to highway 80, water park across the street, and restaurants galore down Sunrise.
I would rate this a 2 star not the 41/2 posted on orbitz!

• Stayed July 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Beds so soft you fall into the middle, paper thin walls that you hear every step in the room above, not enough outlets, translucent towels. Everyone so aplogetic. Just a horrid stay, never ever again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I arrived fairly late at night (9:30 or so) after a long day of travel. The hotel was packed. I was with a pretty good sized group (~10) for a multi-day business trip to nearby Colfax, about a 30 minute drive., The facilities were of the "newer" Courtyard variety but it didn't seem like a recent conversion. They have beautifful patio facilites in the back of the hotel which we made good use of after work. Rooms were comfortable, quiet and nicely equipped. Good wireless internet connectivity. The staff was super friendly and very accomodating to our entire group. Got a great rate that even included breakfast. I expect to be back to this part of the county on business in the near future and I will definitely stay at this hotel again.Very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Easy access from Interstate I-80, but you need to be really looking for the hotel or you can drive p...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel because it's close to where some friends live in Roseville. We stayed here for two nights. I was very happy with the accommodations and the service. Check-in was a breeze and the staff friendly, chatty, and helpful.

The room was clean and well-appointed with a mini-fridge, coffeemaker, desk/work area, a good-sized closet with full-length mirror and a sofa bed. The room also had a small balcony.

A complimentary breakfast was offered each morning that consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, hash browns, toast, fresh fruit, dry cereal and milk, and orange juice. Nothing fancy but enough to tide you over until lunch. I must say the only disappointment was that there was no coffee available at breakfast - unless you wanted to pay for Starbucks coffee (which I absolutely detest). So I resorted to making coffee in my room before going down for breakfast.

Overall it was a good experience and if we visit our friends again, this is where we'll stay. It was convenient, clean, a good price, and had friendly, pleasant staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

So here I lay in my bed....typing this review. It's 10:40pm and my two kids are finally asleep. We have been subjected to a herd of elephants stomping and slamming doors above us for the last 2 1/2 hrs. I have complained to the front desk five times and was told initially that they were very sorry and that it would be handled. As of the last call I was justifiably upset and was told that Marriott didn't want the other guest to feel unwelcome and would I like to change rooms?????? Really??? Well congratulations Marriott! You succeeded in making me feel unwelcome. But dont worry folks, I was offered a complimentary cup of Starbucks coffee in the morning! I'll need it.... I'm sure the disruptive guest will be sleeping in and probably miss breakfast! I will be moving to another room tomorrow. If it wasn't Memorial Day weekend I would be finding another hotel. I am a very forgiving person when someone acknowledges a mistake and then makes it right....that's customer service. Not having the backbone to deal with a disruptive guest and making others pay for it is unacceptable! I am going to call again and complain....what will be the excuse next? When I booked this room direct with a very polite and accomodating young man I was impressed...now I am pissed off! I am feeling very unwelcome here.

Jason
Reno NV
Insurance Agent

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Roseville? Share your experiences!