“Apparently disruptive guests are MORE welcome at Marriott!” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
“Apparently disruptive guests are MORE welcome at Marriott!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

So here I lay in my bed....typing this review. It's 10:40pm and my two kids are finally asleep. We have been subjected to a herd of elephants stomping and slamming doors above us for the last 2 1/2 hrs. I have complained to the front desk five times and was told initially that they were very sorry and that it would be handled. As of the last call I was justifiably upset and was told that Marriott didn't want the other guest to feel unwelcome and would I like to change rooms?????? Really??? Well congratulations Marriott! You succeeded in making me feel unwelcome. But dont worry folks, I was offered a complimentary cup of Starbucks coffee in the morning! I'll need it.... I'm sure the disruptive guest will be sleeping in and probably miss breakfast! I will be moving to another room tomorrow. If it wasn't Memorial Day weekend I would be finding another hotel. I am a very forgiving person when someone acknowledges a mistake and then makes it right....that's customer service. Not having the backbone to deal with a disruptive guest and making others pay for it is unacceptable! I am going to call again and complain....what will be the excuse next? When I booked this room direct with a very polite and accomodating young man I was impressed...now I am pissed off! I am feeling very unwelcome here.

Jason
Reno NV
Insurance Agent

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My two daughters and I wanted to do a get away. I love the Marriott and usually have a great experience. My reservation was made through Priceline.com, so maybe this is the reason why I had the worse night ever at a Marriott Hotel. The hotel is clean, the staff was friendly and I thought I might stay an extra night. However, the room was smaller than what I am used to at a Marriott Hotel with a king size bed and sofa bed. The bed was so soft that I immediately knew I would not stay a second night. I needed to hit the hot tub after sleeping in the bed, because my back was aching all over. The sofa bed was extremely soft also. I will continue to patronize Marriott hotels, just won't go back to the courtyard. I usually stay at the Residence hotels where the breakfast is great too. We went to eat else where because the food wasn't appealing and we wanted more choices which we are used to at other Marriott hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jessica S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Roseville, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - we certainly appreciate your insight and make all of our guest's feedback our first priority. Bed firmness is such a personal preference and I'm very sorry ours were not to your liking. In the future, please feel free to reach out to us as we have a few options we may be able to offer to ensure you are more comfortable.

I am so glad that you found the hotel to be clean and the service to be great -- we know we have an outstanding team and we're glad it shows!
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have stayed at this Courtyard by Marriott a few times, and the last experience I had was not the best. It is generally fine as a basic business hotel - as others have mentioned, no frills but clean and conveniently located.

When I arrived this last time, the front desk clerk and the manager were in a lengthy and heated dispute with a guest over him not getting the room that he reserved. I stood and waited and waited and was not even acknowledged. When the argument was finally over, I was checked in and went to my room. Normally as Marriott member, I am offered water, a better room, etc but here...nada. When I got to my room, it smelled - I can't say exactly like what, but something like a combination of BO and mold. Not pleasant. I asked for a different room which they were nice enough to accommodate. The second room was right across from the elevator, and seemed great to me because it didn't smell. Then I realized that the room's layout was awkward - the TV is not directly in front of the bed, so if you have to watch TV with your head turned. Not horrible, but awkward.

And one of my pet peeves (though I know it is typical in this level of hotel) is that they don't provide lotion as part of the toiletry set in the room. They have it, but you have to call Reception for them to bring it up to you. Again, awkward when you have just gotten out of the shower and have to open the door for someone to give you something that should already be in the room.

I will likely stay again, and hope that my last experience was atypical. Stay tuned...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jessica S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Roseville, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We appreciate your review of our hotel and for thank you for choosing to stay with us. Please know that we take all feedback to heart and will share your review with our team. We always strive to ensure every guest feels welcomed and every room smells fresh and clean and we will work with our team to ensure this continues to happen. Thank you again for sharing your experience -- we know that we can and will do better in the future!
CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I've now stayed at both Courtyards in Roseville and the one close to Highway 65 and the Galleria is nicer and cleaner. Both are typical Courtyards; no frills. Just your basic room with a bed, bathroom, and tv.

The Courtyard on Taylor Rd I have stayed in on different trips over the past few years for both business and pleasure.

My latest trip the elevator and hallway carpet looked like they haven't been vacuumed in weeks; possibly months. Staff was not particularily friendly or helpful when I asked if an item I was missing had been turned in to the front desk.

I did not use any of the facilities; breakfast area, pool, spa, business center so I cannot comment on those.

Because of this stay (unclean carpet, unfriendly staff); when I was in the Roseville area in February 2013, I booked at the other Courtyard in Roseville.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience. Please know that we take your feedback very seriously and have intensified our efforts to ensure our hotel is always looking its best. I know that this was an atypical experience and we hope that we can show you the next time you're in Roseville!
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My family stayed here for one night. I booked a room via pricline for a bid of $38 p/night. The hotel is in great location, near the galleria mall and restaurants. The property was very clean, look recently renovated and very modern. The bed and rooms were very comfortable with a flat screen TV. We had the french toast breakast at the cafe and they were amazing. We would definatley stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jessica S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Roseville, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for sharing your experience - we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area!
Washoe Valley, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Everything was fine. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. No problems at all. Nice place. The price was right. We will stay again, if I can get the same price. They have a nice business section in the lobby, with computers, a fax and printers. You have to go through the neighboring hotel parking lot to get back on the highway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel - we appreciate your feedback and look forward seeing you the next time you are in the Roseville area!
Saint Helen, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here for five days last week during a business trip, and I found the hotel to be very clean, comfortable, efficient and restful, with an excellent staff. My room was just down the hall from the lobby, very convenient but still nice and quiet, and I was not disturbed by any noise. My bed was extremely comfortable, and the room decor was pleasant with a modern restful design scheme. Even though it was quite cold outside during my stay, the heating system worked very well, and I had no problems maintaining my room at a comfortable temperature. Upon my arrival I discovered that the TV would not display a signal, because a previous guest had apparently stolen the connecting HDMI cable. As compensation, the front desk manager kindly offered me the hotel's cooked-to-order breakfast and Starbucks menu items at no additional charge, a service that had not been included in my original Priceline.com reservation. My interactions with the front desk and room cleaning staff were all very friendly and professional. The young Pacific Island lady who worked in the lobby during my stay was especially pleasant. Her cheerful greetings, smile and attentiveness brightened every day during my stay. All in all, a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: My south side ground floor room near the lobby offered very easy and convenient access to all servic...