“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
California
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My family stayed here for one night. I booked a room via pricline for a bid of $38 p/night. The hotel is in great location, near the galleria mall and restaurants. The property was very clean, look recently renovated and very modern. The bed and rooms were very comfortable with a flat screen TV. We had the french toast breakast at the cafe and they were amazing. We would definatley stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jessica S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Roseville, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for sharing your experience - we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Washoe Valley, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Everything was fine. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. No problems at all. Nice place. The price was right. We will stay again, if I can get the same price. They have a nice business section in the lobby, with computers, a fax and printers. You have to go through the neighboring hotel parking lot to get back on the highway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel - we appreciate your feedback and look forward seeing you the next time you are in the Roseville area!
Saint Helen, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here for five days last week during a business trip, and I found the hotel to be very clean, comfortable, efficient and restful, with an excellent staff. My room was just down the hall from the lobby, very convenient but still nice and quiet, and I was not disturbed by any noise. My bed was extremely comfortable, and the room decor was pleasant with a modern restful design scheme. Even though it was quite cold outside during my stay, the heating system worked very well, and I had no problems maintaining my room at a comfortable temperature. Upon my arrival I discovered that the TV would not display a signal, because a previous guest had apparently stolen the connecting HDMI cable. As compensation, the front desk manager kindly offered me the hotel's cooked-to-order breakfast and Starbucks menu items at no additional charge, a service that had not been included in my original Priceline.com reservation. My interactions with the front desk and room cleaning staff were all very friendly and professional. The young Pacific Island lady who worked in the lobby during my stay was especially pleasant. Her cheerful greetings, smile and attentiveness brightened every day during my stay. All in all, a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: My south side ground floor room near the lobby offered very easy and convenient access to all servic...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This hotel seems recently updated, so room was big, clean, and with good features. Good heat/AC control, new flat screen TV, big comfortable bed. Bathroom is nothing special, but clean. Was pleased that they had an easy option for breakfast - not really a restaurant, more like a cafe. But they had eggs, fruit, and Starbucks coffee (including lattes, etc). Also a little snack area for beverages, chips, etc. Staff seemed a little light at the front desk....so at one point I had to wait while the one desk person was on the phone. Computers in the lobby for easy printing of boarding passes. A couple of restaurants in the same parking lot as the hotel, and several more in shopping centers nearby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jessica S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Roseville, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Roseville!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Had a great stay at the Courtyard!! The staff was amazing as they took care of my overnight stay in Roseville, CA. The room was large enough with two queen size beds. The television was a reasonable size. The room came with a water pot allowing one to make coffee or hot water. The weather was cold so having this appliance was very helpful.
Unfortunately, the stay does not include a breakfast meal, which would have been nice so one does not need to search in the area for a morning meal. There are local eateries close by, but it would have been helpful to have something to eat in the morning.

For the price I paid, you will not go wrong at the Courtyard!

Room Tip: Be sure to choose a room in the back of the hotel as it is quieter than the other side facing the st...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Internet sucked. I gave up trying, this is not a good place for business travelers if you have work to do. This needs to be addressed.
On the inside of the room door was some kind of liquid (oil?) dripping down the door from the top all the way to the bottom.
Breakfast is not included, and these day most places do. I did get it comped for the above problems, but very little taste, so had Zi paid I would have not been happy.

• Stayed December 2012
Jessica S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Roseville, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel. Please know that we take your feedback very seriously and will ensure we correct both issues you encountered. We value your business and hope that you will give us a second chance the next time you are in Roseville!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I got a feeling when I checked in that the hotel has a problem with people not paying incidental charges; the staff is quite sensitive about it. Unfortunately, for a quick overnight customer like me (checking in late and leaving early) there wasn't even an opportunity to purchase much of anything. Regardless, two weeks later and I'm still tracking a unnecessary credit card authorization that hasn't been cleared, and in my opinion this a definitive example of poor management!!! I stay at hotels multiple times per month for work, and "no" this isn't the credit card company's fault; very few times in my life have I seen authorizations not fall off almost immediately. I offer this comment as a word of caution to potential guests, and hope the management takes swift action to correct it's policies regarding customer credit cards.
Outside of this issue, the hotel is about average. The property itself is perhaps even above average, with a great "relaxing" courtyard and pool/fitness facilities. Noise is a problem on lower floors however; highly recommend a high floor if you're in need of peaceful rest. Based on reading other reviews, it seems that this is a popular location for large groups (i.e. sports teams, teens). Rooms are good, both modern and clean. Hotel is actually a pretty good value (assuming that silly authorization actually does eventually clear), but there are far better options for lodging on the same exit.

Room Tip: Request a high floor as the hotel can be quite noisy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jessica S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Roseville, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please know that we take your comments very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We do require a credit card to be presented at check-in for all guests, and obtain an authorization that should fall off within 5 business days. Your case does sound abnormal and I would love to help you resolve it. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel so that we can research this matter and correct it if it been already. Thank you for your review and we hope we see you again in Roseville soon.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Roseville? Share your experiences!