“Awesome hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Awesome hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

The managment is absolutely great! The hotel manager is extreamly nice and everyone that works in the hotel has awesome A+ service, very helpful and nice! Rooms are clean, spacious and has a kitchen. My fiance and I feel at home here!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2015

Some of the employees were very nice. However, I was in Roseville to work for 8 weeks. When checking in they told me that they normally do not leave the kitchen supplies in the room. However, since I was stay an extended amount of time they would bring it to me, but 5 hours later I had to phone the front desk asking for my kitchen supplies.
Also, my refrigerator was warm when I check in. I turned the thermometer to a colder setting and went to buy groceries. I put my groceries up and the refrigerator was slightly cooler. The next morning when I woke up the room had a smell and when I went to get breakfast from the frig. the Food was all hot. I turned the temp down even more to the coldest setting. That afternoon, after my first 12 our day at work I went to the frig and it was warmer than the room temp. I called the front desk to let them know that my food was spoiling and I needed the frig fixed. The front desk gentleman told me that the repairman/grounds keeper had left for the day and he would put in a order for it to me fixed on the next day. This was a Monday evening. By Thursday of that week nothing had been done about my refrigerator. I then decided I would call the Customer Service line to get help. They took all of the info about what had happened. They were going to patch me to the front desk again. The call got disconnected, but I immediately call the front desk back and talked to Sasha. She told me that she would get it fixed that day. She apologized for it not being fixed. When I got home from work at 7:30 pm. My frig was working (smelled like smoke but was cold). i then had to go buy new groceries for the items that were spoiled because of the problem. It just bothered me that things were not followed up on.

For a "newly remolded" hotel room heat/AC did not have a thermometer. You just had to guess.
It would be more cost effective to be able to set a temp and let the AC/Heater come on for what is needed to keep the room that temp.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is for smokers. Both sides are quiet NO BUSSINESS CENTER.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and that you experienced maintenance issues. In response to your feedback, I will be meeting with our maintenance staff to make sure all items in the rooms are functioning properly. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sro@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Lexington, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2015

Awesome stay as usual. Check in was friendly, fast, efficient. Got full kitchen set up ready for us as I loaded clothes/items into room. Came down to collect items/etc. Start to finish 10 minutes maybe, and that's counting loading mine/my kids things and bringing them up.

Check in gal -- I feel so badly I didn't catch her name. Sweetest, welcoming host ever (checked in on the 12th of February, afternoon, she is an Asian gal) hopefully management can chime in and put her name. She remembered me from before and really makes you feel like you're coming back home. I'm sorry I missed writing her name down. She's great!

Anyhow, we've stayed there more since first review. Learned you can get pretty much anything you need lol. Extra blankets, pillows, soap...etc. Again, I don't like housekeeping annoying me--knocking--invading etc So, to be able to get new linens/supplies when we want/refill things etc is great in my opinion! They give plenty of kitchen/bathroom garbage bags, and you can take care of that whenever (and conveniently) we're on the 3rd floor--but with the elevator and convenient stairs...it's not really an issue.

This time, used the laundry room. It was clean, machines worked well etc.

Didn't use the grab and go breakfast, though we were infomed of that and the other amenities at check in. We always go to the grocery store and do our own food.

As far as fire alarms etc. We do full meals, steak and all plus my boyfriend smokes--so as long as you are running the fan, and cautious in the kitchen (as you should be anyhow) setting off the smoke detector going off won't happen--we've stayed four times and no alarm. On our new years stay here, the BIG ALARM (for evacuation) went off early in the morning...but it's my understanding that someone had smoked in a hallway somewhere which is what caused it -- inconvenient -- sure, but better than a worst case scenario.

The kitchen setup is amazing--as I said, we've done full meals. My only thing I'd like to see would be a better coffee pot (it's hard to pour without spilling from the lil' ones) and a good cutting knife. (steak knives provided, but not great for meal prep) I bring my own from home, but just an idea--even if there's a few on hand that can be borrowed for an hour etc.
A serving bowl might be nice too, again just ideas to make it homier--and we bring stuff from home.

I find the room romantic. Is it a place to have your honeymoon? no, well I guess it could be, depending on what you're into. Its like having a mini apartment, you do the work... But, the bed is very comfy, the room is spacious, there is a table for two...We were there on Valentines, and though we aren't big on the holiday, we had a nice meal, watched movies on the tv and had a nice night/day in.

The thing I like about this hotel is they leave you alone. If you need something, they are there, and quick to get it to you. Otherwise, you aren't intruded upon. Example: we needed new kitchen towels/cloth -- host at front desk said it'd be a few minutes. But before I had started the laundry, he'd brought me the kitchen linens...Very helpful staff always.

I like the simple decor. It's tasteful, earthy colors. Comfort, practicality and a homey place to stay is how I'd describe it.

We'll be back again and again.

So, I try to give feedback to make it better: here's my advice so far

cutting knife for food prep, better/less spilly coffee pot, a place to put recycleable cans? (we drink soda and over 4 days, builds up, seems wasteful to throw it) and I guess more channels on the tv? though there's quite a few...

we like the place, we like the people. thanks for a nice, welcoming stay (again)

Room Tip: we were on parking lot/hotel front side upstairs this time. Nice to have fresh air (the other side...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville, responded to this review, March 18, 2015
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that our staff was accommodating. I do want to apologize about the fire alarm. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

this was my first ever experience with this hotel. i was there for 3 months while working as a travel nurse at SutterRoseville. room 334 was indeed my home away from home. (i lived in a BestWestern for 9 months before this 3 month tour) in many ways it was better than best western. the WiFi was excellent, everything was functional and the bed was outstanding. better bed than at best western. the hotel is not much to look at. boring, ugly pictures on the walls, no plants or anything nice in lobby, kinda spooky like the overlook hotel, but extremely functional. the staff was always professional and courteous. Arash and Sasha were my personal faves, but everyone was great. the housekeepers were excellent. the place was very clean. i felt very safe there. i was on the 3rd floor, a smoking room, yay! hard to find nowadays. why would anyone want to stay there if what they are looking for is "romantic"? of course it isn't romantic. that is not what it was designed for as far as i can tell. sure, the fire alarms are sensitive. i would rather have a false alarm fire such as someone burning toast setting it off rather than a less sensitive one where it doesn't alarm until flames are about to engulf me. if people would read the signs posted, follow the rules, be careful when cooking and use the fan, then there wouldn't be so many alarms going off.
if something in my room set off the alarm and someone is banging on door that is preferable to people just assuming i was just burning toast. it could have been a real fire. without the facts, evidence and proof you cannot assume that is isn't. if you treat everyone as though they were you then most of the time people will respond in a positive way. if they don't, well...forgive them, we all have a bad day now and then. i recommend this hotel to anyone not looking for fancy perks. if fancy and or romantic is your main concern go elsewhere. there are plenty of hotels that cater to that. as for noise level. i can only speak for the 3rd floor. i worked 12 hour night shifts and never had a problem sleeping due to noise. in fact, it ususally felt as though i was the only one there.

Room Tip: first timer and i was in a smoking room 334. wonderful, comfy bed.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2015

Light fixture falls from ceiling, bathroom tub stopper doesn't fit, spots on head board, sensitive fire alarms in kitchen, staff constantly trying to bust open your door, shower fixture broken, you can't enjiy your room in daytime hours walls are thin so any loud noise you get complaints because it's a retirement home I guess( please don't bring your children and don't cook in kitchen otherwise fire alarm goes off and they'd bust your door down without calling you first or give you the chance to open the door) Not cool!! Please don't walk around in the room naked or staff will see you!!!! Horrible!!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville, responded to this review, March 1, 2015
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you stay was satisfactory even though occasionally the fire alarm would go off. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

The team and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Aurora, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2015

First of all, my overall impression of the place was not favorable to begin with as the girl who greeted me seemed very unfriendly. The guy who worked there and helped me upon check out however was very friendly. The room is in general clean but my room was nonsmoking room but still smelled like one especially on the beds (makes me question how clean their sheets/pillows are) and there was pet hair (I am thinking a cat) because once I laid my clothes on the chair/table/iron board, all kinds of pet hair got stuck to my black business attire which I was extremely annoyed by. They need to do a better job of cleaning after other customers who bring in pets. Overall, you get what you paid for, a good number of towels, 2 bar of soap and a small container of shampoo.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for either smoking/nonsmoking room even though nonsmoking still smelled like cigar...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Hilo, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015

Could not understand woman at the front desk at check in. She was mumbling and acting distracted like she didn't know what was going on. She never told me about grab and go breakfast, just mumbled something about coffee. Yuck. I don't drink coffee. Then the big production about laundry. So I did laundry one night after work. Then they locked the laundry room door with my clothes still in there. It was all I had! And, I stopped at the desk to get quarters! Wouldn't you think the clerk would at least mention that he was going to lock the laundry room door? No, apparently it's much more fun not to tell someone that at 11:01 their laundry will be locked in the room. It had best be there tomorrow.

• Stayed January 2015
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville, responded to this review, February 2, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that we did not properly communicate our laundry hours during check-in, and that you received poor service overall. I am going to share your comments to my staff to coach them and ensure that your experience with us does not happen again in the future. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sro@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville? Share your experiences!