“Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014 via mobile

Called and made reservations a week in advance. Received a confirmation number.
We were traveling from Nevada and as bout an hour before arriving at the hotel we received a phone call saying the hotel was over booked and they needed to move us. One of the reasons we chose this hotel was it was close to my grandsons scool in Roseville as we had come to attend his football game. The hotel we were moved to was in Sacramento several miles away, located in a not so great area with rude staff. We will not stay with this chain of hotels ever again.

• Stayed October 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lexington, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

Ok here's how I write reviews...I do pro's cons and then my suggestions....

Stayed with my boyfriend...usually have my kids too...but this time it was just us (and we really enjoyed!)

Pros:

Check in. Super fast...super easy. Never stayed in the chain before, didn't know what came standard and/or what you needed to ask for...the check in attendant/front desk (didn't catch his name) but was super fast, VERY friendly and by the time I got my bags and was upstairs my room was loaded/supplied and ready to go! (We'd planned on cooking there the whole time.)

Elevator. Nice. Convenient.

Room: Beautiful. Decorations were nice, modern, homey. Had plenty of plugs for electronics etc. nice desk. Eating table (nice for our dinner for two!) the bed was SUPER comfy! Lots of full sized pillows. Plenty of supplies (and got more upon asking ie: coffee, sugar, soap etc)

No annoying housekeeping. Ok, maybe we're weird. But we actually don't like housekeeping coming in everyday. Things always get moved and it just sometimes feels intrusive...we liked that we could get fresh linens if we wanted/needed (but we were fine for our four day stay) I personally liked the opting out of housekeeping (nothing worse than housekeeping interrupting either sleep or a private moment with knocking) and after check in, we were given privacy!

Doors were secured at night (nice touch) though the area is nice anyhow. It's right off the hiway, but we couldn't hear any noise (we were 3rd floor, closest to the hiway) and we heard NO traffic noise.

Grab and go breakfast, typical contenental I'd say...granola bars, oatmeal, fruit, coffee, cocoa...literally grab and go. We ate in the room except the last day, and the breakfast wasn't bad.

Coffee (the in room coffee was really good)

The kitchenette--complete. You can, as we did, make a full meal. Salad, Porterhouse, red potatoes etc...all prepared in room and came out great! Convenient to big name shopping, so made that easy too! Fridge is apartment/full size --everything worked great!

Bathroom/Shower was big, nice and worked well.

Cons/Suggestions for improvement...um, another blanket on the bed would've been nice. I like a couple of blankets on a bed...but I also didn't ask for another (I'm thinking I probably could've gotten one)

maybe a bigger thing of dishsoap? I get the cost etc but that packaging was kind of a pain.
maybe offer a scrubbie for doing dishes too? (again, maybe available, I didn't ask)

That's all I got...we stay in hotels (in various places in Cali) once a month and had missed this great chain!! we are hooked and will be back.

Great customer service, friendly staff, great hotel, comfortable, safe...and AFFORDABLE/BUDGET FRIENDLY! Thanks for the great stay!

Room Tip: 3rd floor was nice/quiet etc.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville, responded to this review, October 30, 2014
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such as detailed things about room, staff, grab and go breakfast, kitchen amenities. I am proud of our team for giving you great service. For your future stays, please feel free to ask for extra blankets and other items you may need, which should be available for you at the front desk. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Brookfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

The stay was fine but special praise to Arash who was at the desk when we arrived. Initially there was no room available and he went out of his way to find a room at another hotel. As it turned out there was a cancellation while he was doing this at his hotel and we were able to get that room. Many thanks to Arash for all his help. Tom and Terri Malta

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Roseville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2014

I moved from San Diego to Roseville the first week of July for work. I had not found a place as the housing market was tough. I stayed at Extended Stay for about 3 weeks. I never ONCE encountered a rude staff member. Everyone was nice, friendly, and professional. Great customer service is difficult to find now a days, but the team was great! Alfie in particular was the best!! I can't thank her enough. She encouraged me when I came in ready to throw in the towel! That's great customer service! The rooms themselves were always clean and smelled fresh and it was extremely QUIET! You never heard doors slam or people walking up and down the hallways. I would recommend anyone to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our great staff during your visit with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. As well, I am happy that you were pleased with your clean, quiet room. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with another great stay in the future.
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

This property does not have a pool, spa, restaurant BUT it does provide clean, quiet rooms at a great price and you can walk or drive to the numerous eateries that abound in the neighborhood as well as the shops, water park, etc. Friendly, professional and helpful staff--check in/out was efficient. All of this AND you can prepare your own meals in your room. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, especially those on extended trips.

Room Tip: The wing away from the freeway would be my suggestion--same side as the lobby.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Bruce - Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. We're so pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your clean, quiet room.

san jose
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

When checking in to my room I was "greeted" by a young women who had a less than pleasant demeanor. I quickly placed my things in my room and went to have dinner. Upon my return and inspection of my room I was shocked. The towel in the bathroom was covered in what appeared to be blood and my soap was open and used. I returned to the front desk and was given a new towel and laughed at. Next, I asked for a new room because I felt my room needed to be cleaned. Reluctantly and after being told there were no rooms for me, I was given another room. Unfortunately I will no longer stay with extended stay America and hope that this hotel will eventually get their act together.

• Stayed August 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Thank you for telling us about your experience. We are very disappointed to hear about the level of service you received and the condition of your room. Please accept our most sincere apologies. We will review your comments with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. We will also meet with our front desk staff to make sure we are always providing our guests with the quality service that they deserve.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

My husband was having medical tests at a nearby facility. He had surgery the week prior and my daughter and I had stayed there that week. This time was he and I. We were treated very well. The desk clerk remembered me and that my husband had had surgery! That surprised me. We liked the room. It was quiet and very clean. Will stay there again if we are in that area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville? Share your experiences!