“Ripped off!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 18 hotels in Roseville
Sacramento, California
“Ripped off!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

Was forced to leave after paying a week in advance without a refund. Noel [--] was very unprofessional, irrate and threatened me after finding one cigarette butt in the toilet. Told me if I checked out By 11am the next day I would recieve a refund for the days I did not stay. So, I checked out on time went to the front desk and waited for Noel and he stated that i would not be recieving a refund at all. I informed him That I would contact coporate office and he grew even more angry and told me to leave immediatly. Also I had asked the day before to have housekeeping service my room and they didnt... One of the stove burners didnt work either. needless to say, I left broke with 2 kids in the rain crying with nowhere to go...

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dubuque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

Noel and Laura in management and all the remainder of the staff here are just awesome! They function extremely well as team which made my stay worry-free. Noel always has a smile and everyone always remembers your name...like the place that you can go where everbody knows your name, if you will. From management to maintenance they are all professional and I highly recommend this hotel if you want a worry -free stay!! Thank you Noel, Laura, Barbara, Christy, Rachel, Hurash, and Rueben.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Bay Area, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

I live in the Bay Area and stayed at a local Extended Stay America during a home renovation. I had a positive experience there and decided to give my business to Extended Stay again for my trip to Sacramento.

Unfortunately, the room didn't live up to my expectations and prior visit.

Our room smelled musty and vaguely of smoke. I smelled the upholstered chair and bedding and couldn't find any trace of smoke, so I can only assume that the smoke smell was in the walls and vents. I can't really blame management for that. The decor was outdated - older carpet, wallpaper, bedding, and art on the walls, not to mention the dingy looking popcorn ceiling. The TV was older and small - I'd guess about a 17". Some of the channels weren't coming in very well. The air conditioner rattled a bit, but worked well enough to cool the room within 20 minutes. The bathroom was the dirtiest part of the room. The toilet hadn't been cleaned properly. There was dust and dirt on the top of the lid and behind the toilet seat. I also found what *appeared* to be--um, how to put this delicately--snot stuck to the shower wall. Clearly, someone had made a half-hearted effort to clean the shower/tub area, but neglected the details. I could see dirt and marks (that weren't permanent stains) on the walls and tub.

I was surprised in the morning to find that the bathroom had no blow dryer. I don't think I've ever stayed at a hotel without a complimentary blow dryer. I had to wait for my hair to air dry. Annoying.

The pillows were very comfortable, but the mattress was a little too firm for my liking. This is subjective, of course. I was irritated that there was no bedskirt for the boxspring and that the boxspring had a large brownish-yellow stain on the front.

The staff seemed nice enough, but we never interacted with them beyond checking in and checking out. There was a couple in front of us who complained of a clogged toilet and was told by the front desk lady that the maintenance man was out and that she'd try to find someone to take care of it, but that there was currently no one on site then or anytime soon who'd be able to fix it. I hope she offered them a new room, but judging by their persistence, I can only assume not.

One benefit of staying at this ESA rather than another in the Sacramento area is that your car is a little less likely to be stolen in Roseville. Sad, but true. The other ESAs are in not-so-great areas, even if they are more upgraded.

I also liked that this hotel was so close to shopping and eating.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2006

Despite having booked a non-smoking room, I was given a room on the smoking floor. Doesn't matter though. The whole building reeks of smoke even the non-smoking sections. Unpleasant, tactiturn, passive-agressive staff. They are renovating the smoking floor but even the strong paint smell couldn't cover the reek of the smoke. Paper thin walls, with the fan on I could hear the TV in the next room over (even though the volume was not excessively high) and much street traffic noise. Hall carpets on third floor are covered with uncleaned up paint from the renovations. The bedding was clean but the towels REEKED of cigarette smoke, disgusting!! Little things are missing too, like there is no blowdryer in the room. Deadbolt didn't work! A surreal experience, not worth repeating.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
N. Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2004

We stayed in the extended stay roseville in April 2004.
The hotel was adequate, and at £59 per night not badly priced.
There are not a lot of facilities in the hotel, it's main saving grace for us was the Claimjumpers restaurant across the road, from the hotel, which was always very busy, but had a lot of tables.
Their food was good especially the steaks, and baby ribs and would go to extended stay again just for claimjumpers.

Been to Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville? Share your experiences!