Save Saved
san diego
“Ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

Staff was nice.
Heard a lot of noise in the hallways, loud doors, but hey its a hotel its not a home.
Breakfast was lame. Ceral and bagles or waffles..where were the egg sanwhich?!?!?!!?

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2008

First of all, let me say that I'm a loyal Marriott customer, so it pains me to say that there's a better hotel in the area.

This hotel meets almost every need. It's clean and the staff were friendly. However, the carpet is almost in need of replacing and it could use some renovating in many areas.

Breakfast is nice and the internet worked well also. I'd probably stay here again but I'd check my options first, especially if you're paying over $120 a night.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bay Area, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

We made a last minute stop here on our way home from Lake Tahoe (wildfires in the Tahoe area caused us to end our Tahoe trip early). Without the benefit of tripadvisor reviews, we had no idea what we were in for.

The front desk was not very informed about their rates. The person at the front desk did not know they had AAA discounts although I had just confirmed that on the phone with another front desk person. No big deal, that got sorted out.

When we get to our room, we are absolutely disgusted at the sticky carpets! Normally, I would do something about this (ask for another room, complain to the front desk), but it was 11pm and we were absolutely exhauseted, and our other room also had sticky carpets whichi meant the whole hotel probably had them.

Next, when I go to lie down on the bed, I discover that it is squeaky and extremely uncomfortable. The linens are what I'd expect from a discount hotel. We were paying $130 a night!

What an extremely disappointing experience. I will never stay at another Fairfield Inn ever again. I may never stay at another Marriott again ever either.

• Liked — Roseville is a nice town.
  • Disliked — The rooms were dirty, and way overpriced.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Central Valley, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2008

The hotel itself is very nice.
My room was clean and seemed like new. I thought the bed was very comfortable.
There is a breakfast buffett, which I did not have; but it sounded like there were a lot of different breakfast options offered.
There is an indoor pool. However, the pool draws families, and there were A LOT of noisy kids running up and down the halls until very late, when of course I had to be up early.
Even when they were quiet, you could hear the stomping through the thin walls.
Great for families; wouldn't recommend for business travelers.

• Liked — The room quality was excellent
  • Disliked — Could hear people talking and running in the hallways, doors and walls are too thin
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
northern California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2007

Roseville hotels gets pretty full during the week with business travelers. As a frequent business traveler, I generally like Marriotts so I tried this place several times but I finally gave up on it. The property is just too poorly managed. On three separate occasions, they were full when I arrived at about 8PM and didn't bother to call me and tell me ahead of time even though I had a confirmed reservation! Instead, they let me schlep my bags in after a long workday (once in the pouring rain) and only THEN do they tell me they have booked me elsewhere. No thanks, there are better managed properties in Roseville.

Stayed April 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2007

This is a great hotel to stay at. The staff was friendly. I had an early flight when i was leaving and the lady at the front desk gave me a banana and sweet roll to take because it was before breakfast hours. Speaking of breakfast, its free and its pretty good, waffles, egg and sausage sandwiches, cereal. Also this hotel has free wireless internet in your room which is good since i was alone on business and i wouldnt be bored at night. Also has a smallish pool and nice hot tub. This place is great! Located near my office and made my stay away from home nice.

G Man

• Liked — Great hotel all around.
  • Disliked — Nothing to speak of.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2004

Usually we stay at Fairfield Inns because they are great, staff is attentive to detail, no problems! This time, we arrived around 10:30PM, and were quickly given a room on the 3rd floor, key and a quick check in at that hour. We found the room, unlocked the door and clicked on the light. Walked in, and found the tv on, noticed fast food burgers on the night stand, used towels and the smell of perfume in the room. Called the clerk, he said to come back down with all our stuff we had lugged up there! Said it was a "computer problem", did not seem too surprised!! We asked what would they have done if the occupants had been in bed or tried to retaliate thinking we had broken into their room? We were so tired from travel to leave and find another hotel, he gave us another room, but we spent a restless night. Also, the message light on the phone was always on, we called down and no message, the clerk said he would turn the light off, but it kept coming on all night long! Spent mostly sleepless night, got up at 6 AM, and left for home. And they charged $99 for that room, was not worth it, that's for sure. I wrote to the main office, have not had any answer yet. Will not stay there again!!! This happened Dec. 14, 2004.

• Stayed December 2004

Been to Fairfield Inn Roseville Galleria Mall/Taylor Road? Share your experiences!