“Caters to business traveler” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1951 Taylor Road, Roseville, CA 95661   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Denver, Colorado
“Caters to business traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel a dozen times the last four years and always have a comfortable stay. The beds ar comfortable, breakfast made to order, rooms clean and quiet And the staff attentive. Easy to get to and always a pleasure to stay in.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Western United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

I booked this on Priceline for a great rate. It was well worth the rate I paid. Had I paid the rack rate which was about three times higher than my rate, I would have been severely underwhelmed.

In any case, the property was in an easy location to access and seemed safe. The staff was friendly and efficient. Most areas of the location were clean. The business center while free of charge was not overly clean and equipment while working was not in the greatest shape. The room seemed clean enough. The bed was very comfortable. The room had a refrigerator and microwave present along with an older coffee maker (not the standard Hilton coffee makers). The bathroom was on the small side but functional. There was a lack of counter space around the bathroom.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Brookline, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

Spent two nights there while attending a wedding nearby. As a HHonors member, I received an e-mail about the summer special (discounted room rate plus free breakfast) and booked a room there for $90/nt (pre-tax). Having stayed at other HGIs, I knew what to expect and wasn't disappointed. The big highlight was enjoying the cooked-to-order breakfasts each morning plus a wide variety of items on the breakfast buffet. So, the once-over-lightly eggs were a little overcooked, and the ham that came with them was diced - I could overlook that. The wait staff looked a bit harried, especially on Sunday morning with a full breakfast crowd. Still, the experience was great and it was nice that there were outside tables where we could enjoy our take-out dinner. We visited the wineries in the Amador Valley while were there - a bit of a hike (1 hour one-way by car) but not that bad. And the wineries, for the most part, offer free tastings.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Manteca, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

We booked this hotel through priceline. We got a great rate! We were very impressed with our room. They gave us a quiet room facing the parking lot. We never heard any outside noise. The bed was very comfortable and we loved having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The location was great. It was just a short 5 minute drive to the Galleria. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2009

I just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn. The staff was great. They were friendly, professional and helpful. The room and common areas however were plain. I expected more from one of the more expensive rates in the area. I was not happy with the value. It is clean and in good working order but nothing special.

• Liked — The staff was great.
  • Disliked — The accomidations were too blah.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Madison
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

Well, was here in May, and things are not as good. Room I stayed in had some weird odor coming from the heater, when used.

Also, both times I ordered room service, they screwed it up, and it never came, and ended up going to a restaurant.

• Liked — Nice weather
  • Disliked — Poor internet, and poor service
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

We have a family of 6 and stayed in two rooms. The hotel is clean and nicely decorated. Very helpful staff. However everything here is small. Rooms are small, bathrooms can only fit one person. Pool is tiny and the workout room consists of 1 bicycle, 1 treadmill and 1 stairmaster.

I will offer 3 opinions. I'm a small woman who is a sound sleeper and am easily pleased. I felt the hotel was overall lovely. The double beds were so small though that I ended up sleeping on the chair/footrest provided. It was fine for me but my husband was angry that I "slept in a chair".

My husband is a large man who travels alot for business and was extremely disappointed. He could not sleep with all the traffic noise and even though he had a bed to himself, he felt the beds were very poor quality. He felt that $123 (the rate we paid) was too overpriced for what you received, feeling $80 was about right. If it had been up to him, we would have moved hotels for the second night, but I didn't want to have to pack up and move.

I booked this hotel because they advertised a workout room. My son who plays college football needed to keep up on his workouts. He was unhappy saying that the facility didn't offer alot and the dumbbells were bent.

The only thing I was unhappy about was that I thought it had offered a free continental breakfast and that's why I thought $123 was a fair price. They offered buffet breakfast for $10 a person. We didn't try it, instead opting to go to the Burger King across the street (there is also a McDonalds). If going south/west on I-80 towards I-5, there is a great breakfast restaurant just off the Madison exit called Brookfield's. Everything is homemade. The biscuits and scones were unbelievably delicious.

We chose this location because we went whitewater rafting and it was indeed a very easy drive from Roseville. It seems that all the nice hotels were clustered in the same spot. The Hilton Garden Inn shares the parking lot with Larkspur Landing and I think Fairfield Inn. Across the street is a Residence Inn.

• Liked — easy drive to go whitewater rafting, clean, great staff
  • Disliked — too small, wasn't great for the price
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)