“great hotel - small beds” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1951 Taylor Road, Roseville, CA 95661   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Hollister, California, United States
“great hotel - small beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

The hotel was great. As with most HGI's they were located next to the freeway so noise is a little high but that the price you pay for convenience of location...I'm not mad about the noise. The only complaint is that they only offer rooms with 1 King bed or 2 full size beds. Full size beds are not large enough for 2 adults to sleep in...it was a tight squeeze.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Belmont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Came here due to the proximity to the water park and very reasonable price. The entire staff was so friendly and helpful. The room clean and comfortable. It is so nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room. The coffee in the lobby is delicious and well as the cookies. Lots of breakfast options. Easy freeway access. We forgot our phone charger and Victoria is shipping it to us without hesitation. We look forward to future stays.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Kit S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roseville, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Ana C.,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to write about your recent experience at the Roseville Hilton Garden Inn. I’m very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed the convenient freeway access & our wonderful amenities. It’s our daily goal to not just meet our guests’ expectations, we want to exceed them! Every day, every stay. We love hearing feedback, good or bad, that’s the only way we can get better. We do strive to be the friendliest & cleanest hotel in Roseville so I’m so happy to hear that you did experience that when staying at the Roseville Hilton Garden Inn.

Warm Regards,

Bothell, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I'd rate this hotel as equal to any of the HGI properties - always good. The standout here is the food which is exceptional - the dinner chef is certainly on his game! I've used this hotel a number of times and they've never disappointed - staff always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Dear Rich S.,

Thank you for taking a moment to write about your recent experience at the Roseville Hilton Garden Inn. I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful & very convenient on-site restaurant. Our full time chef, Nadeem is amazing and very talented. We actually have guests who stay at the Roseville Hilton Garden Inn just because of our restaurant and quality of food. I know I’m bias as the General Manager but we do have the best food in the area, both with our “cook to order” hot breakfast buffet served every morning and dinner service. The best part, it’s just steps away from your room. Actually, you don’t even have to leave your room, you can order room service.

Warm Regards,

Roseville, CA, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I have stayed at other Hilton Garden Hotels with a great experience which is why I booked this hotel room. Although the hotel itself was fine. The staff acted as if customers were an inconvenience. This include both the front desk as well as the Restaurant/Bar staff. Disappointed!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kit S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roseville, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Ms. Pauline P.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at the Roseville Hilton Garden Inn. As a Silver HHonors member, you are our most valued guest. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, as the General Manager I encourage feedback, good or bad. That's the only way we can get better. I'm very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations and how my staff acted towards you. I'm very surprised as the staff is usually very friendly and helpful, however I'm truly sorry that you were disappointed with us. I assure you that I will personally follow up on this matter and use this as a learning opportunity to my staff. At the Roseville Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

You can here the traffic on the Freeway specially the motorcycles and the trucks were very noisy all night long.Our window look at the Freeway. The price of breakfast at $11.95 was steep for the area and what you get. Parking lot was filled up sharing it with a restaurant and another hotel.

Dear 977georgec,

Thank you for taking a moment to write about your recent experience at the Roseville Hilton Garden Inn. As a General Manager, I encourage feedback from our valued guests, good or bad. That’s the only way we can get better. I’m very sorry for your less than perfect stay with us due to the freeway noise. We would have been more than happy to move you to a room that was quieter and to your satisfaction. Our goal is to exceed our guests’ expectations every day, every stay. Unfortunately we did not do that on your most recent stay with us. I truly apologize and hope you can give us another opportunity. Please reach out to me directly the next time you’re travelling to the Roseville area and I will personally assist you.

Thank you again for sharing your comments and experience, it’s a great way to know how we’re doing. We really appreciate your business and hope you can give us another chance to regain your trust in the Hilton Garden Inn brand.

Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Maintenance came to look at our air conditioning unit and said the room should start cooling off. So we went to bed. It didn't get better. The tepid air blew non-stop but the room stayed around 80° all night. The next morning a different maintenance worker came to look at the air conditioner. He tinkered a little and said "That should do it. It will be better now." But the temperature didn't change. Luckily we were leaving.

As we were leaving I realized one possible excuse for the uncomfortable bed. There is a dial on the side of the bed to set the firmness. There wasn't any setting for "less lumpy", but maybe it would have made some difference.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't look out onto Interstate 80. The freeway noise goes all night, loud...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kit S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roseville, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Jim H.,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn hotel in Roseville, CA. As a Manager, I truly believe in feedback, good or bad. That's the only way we can get better. I'm very sorry about your poor AC & bed experience. I'm working with my Chief of Maintenance to fix these issues, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. Thank you again for your review and thank you for helping us make the Roseville Hilton Garden Inn a better hotel for future guests.

Kit S.
santa rosa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I like that the hotel was close to a lot of stores and restaurants. Made our travel easy. Kids enjoyed just walking across the street to the water park located near by. Was nice to be able to have a full breakfast every morning and not have to leave the hotel to eat. Great food.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Keith M,

Thank you so much for taking a moment to write about your recent experience at the Roseville Hilton Garden Inn. I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location that is walking distance to Golfland Sunsplash Water Park, stores & restaurant’s. I also love hearing that you enjoyed our wonderful “cook to order” hot breakfast buffet every morning. We love hearing feedback, good or bad, that’s the only way we can get better. Thank you again for sharing your comments and experience, it’s a great way to know how we’re doing. We really appreciate your business and hope to see you soon when travelling back to the Roseville area.

Warmest Regards,