“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
San Diego
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Very nice hotel near all conveniences: restaurants, shopping, theatres, water park. Friendly, helpful staff who enjoy their job. comfortable beds and clean rooms. Request room away from freeway. Easy access to I 80.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Chico, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

My daughter and I are competitive roller skaters from Chico ,about 100 mi away. We skate in the Sacramento area about 4 times a year with one contest being 3 days. So I am always looking for a clean quiet place .I had some troubles with other hotels in the area but I have to say I really liked this one . Didn't use it but it had a nice pool , the breakfast was very nice and had a full omelet bar and every thing, and the staff very friendly . Room was average but very clean and quiet (could hear normal hotel noise but not bad).I made reservations for the rest of the year here . My only complaint was that you have to pay extra to receive the breakfast , not a lot but i feel it should be included . I am a hilton silver member and even that does not help me on the breakfast . This is the reason i did not give a 5 circle rating . Breakfast is served nice and early which works well for us because we usually leave so early.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, CA, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The arrival experience was excellent but everything went down-hill from there. Even though it was over a Holiday, and per the Hotel's request, we vacated our room early enough for Housekeeping to perform their duties and get home to their families, we did not receive the service that we were entitled to receive. One area of concern was that there was no one with any serious authority on the premises and the staff that was there used the excuse "Well It Is A Holiday". This is MY OPINION, "when in a service industry, some sacrifices have to be made and that a rotation of responsibilities, on occasions such as this, MUST be made within the staff so that guests are minimally effected".

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kit S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roseville, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to give us your feedback. As a manager, I love hearing feedback from our guests, good or bad. That's the only way we can get better. I was very disappointed to hear about your experience and I sincerely apologize for the way you feel you were treated by our staff. Our number one priority is providing a friendly, clean and comfortable environment in which you can get a great night’s rest. I’m sorry that you weren’t able to enjoy your stay with us. After reading your comments, I personally researched what happened and I did find that our housekeeping dept. documented a "Do Not Disturb" sign was posted on your door. For your privacy & to respect your wishes, we have a strict hotel policy to not knock on any guest room doors with a "Do Not Disturb" sign posted. I did notice that we processed a refund for one night upon your departure, however I know that doesn't make up for what you experienced. We stand proudly behind our hotel & services and I’m confident that your next stay with us will be much better. Please reach out to me the next time you need a place to stay in the Roseville area and I'll be happy to take care of you. We would love the opportunity to make it right and earn back your trust & loyalty to the Hilton brand family. Thank you again for helping us make our hotel better! Without feedback from our valued guests, we don't know how we're doing.

Kit Syn - General Manager
Rocklin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Was only here for one night but the staff was professional, timely and friendly. My room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast in the morning had a great staff and delicious food. I have no complaints. An enjoyable stay. I like that there are plenty of dining options around the hotel. Also the housekeeping staff greeted me daily outside my room which is a nice touch.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Mission Viejo, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I travel for business and usually target the Hilton product line and rarely am I disappointed. This was no exception. Was only here for one night but the staff was professional, timely and friendly. My room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast in the morning had a great staff and delicious food. My associate stayed at a different hotel across the parking lot and was disappointed. Keep it up Hilton

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Portland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

large, clean rooms coupled with efficient friendly service. I have no complaints. An enjoyable stay. I like that there are plenty of dining options around the hotel. Also the housekeeping staff greeted me daily outside my room which is a nice touch.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Oakland, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I checked in on Sunday, October 13, 2013. I called a few days before to request a Credit Card Authorization Form, which I faxed the same day because my company was paying for my room and tax. I called to confirm receipt and the front desk advised they did receive it. Upon arrival, the front desk again confirmed the form was on file and needed my credit card for incidentals. When checking my account later that night, the hotel authorized room and tax ($129) AND incidentals. In the morning, I received a bill under my door where the hotel charged MY credit card instead of my company's. When I checked out, I brought it to the attention of the Front Desk Supervisor who said she will get it amended and will forward me a copy of the revised bill. They sent me an e-mail with a BLANK folio. Then to top it all off, I check my account again later that night, and they authorized ANOTHER incidental charge of $25. I called the front desk and she explained to me that their system sometimes does that. I said I shouldn't be authorized for ANOTHER incidental when I'm only staying ONE night. I have worked at the HIlton for 2 years and I know this! This is highly unacceptable. You have a disorganized accounting and front desk system and I will never stay at this hotel again. I am still waiting for my amended receipt!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Roseville? Share your experiences!