“HGI Roseville” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 18 hotels in Roseville
sacramento, United States
“HGI Roseville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very nice experience--- good value -- clean -- great restaurant in same parking lot -- parking lot is shared with another property and the restaurant -- great location -- close to freeways and excellent shopping is nearby

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Eureka, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Everything was great and quick, location was a little hard for GPS to pick up and direct route, coffee was great and staff was there to help. Nice to have restaurant on site, convenience for late night dinner after late arrival. Would stay here again, next time with family and take advantage of water park near by.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Arcadia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Upon arrival at this hotel, there was a huge kids sports team waiting to be checked in. I walked up to the front desk wanting to check in and the workers at the front desk said that I had to wait for them to check in every single one of those kids into their rooms. Seriously? I know it sounds pretty selfish and rude, but there is one of me and 30 of them.... They're kids. They can wait for the ONE of me to check in first.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Novato, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The noise in our room that was 50 feet from a major I 80 interstate highway was intolerable. My husband finally fell asleep at 5 AM I never slept. Had we been aware of this problem we would have booked elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Antioch, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

OK, this was another last minute quick trip to the area and was booked through a third party site. I initially wanted to rate this hotel as poor but realized that wasn't completely fair as there were many pros and some cons were not the fault of the actual hotel.

We arrived at the hotel around 3:30 to check in and immediately noticed that the place was overrun with young softball players. The tournament was cancelled for the day due to rain.

Lobby Decor: The lobby area was beautifully decorated. There were free cookies and fruit infused water there available. Very updated and modern feel. Welcoming.

Check-In: The person checking us in was new and in training mode. Bless her heart, she kept giving us incorrect information that was immediately corrected by nearby staff, i.e. no rooms available, your card has been declined, etc.

Upon approaching our room, we noticed that it seemed to be a gathering place for a group of giggling girls. One of them informed us that, lucky us, we were completely surrounded by their team. We quickly called the front desk and told them we were willing to wait for another room but they explained that the softball players were spread all over the hotel.

We knew that we would probably have some noise issues but I was totally unprepared for just how thin the walls and ceilings were.

The room: The room itself is nicely decorated and was clean. The room was spacious and nicely appointed. The bathroom was a good size and had nice neutrogena products available. There was a microwave, small refrigerator, and a coffee maker. Our room overlooked the front of the hotel. The bed was comfortable maybe a little on the soft side but nice.

We left and returned later on Saturday evening to a relatively quiet hotel. Around 3:00 a.m. my husband turned off the tv and the tv was replaced by our upstairs neighbors having relations on an extremely squeaky bed. Around 7:00 the teams woke up and the hotel was filled with doors slamming, giggling kids, running up and down the hallways, banging on walls, etc! An absolute nightmare. Now, while I blame the parents or chaperones, etc., I can't help but blame the hotel as well. One, the walls are so very thin to begin with; and Two, when you are doling out rooms, can't you keep the tournament bookings together? I'll admit to not knowing if this is even possible.

The other issues at this hotel are: the elevators. We were on the second floor (three story hotel) and took the elevator one time. Other than that we had to take the stairs. The elevator call light was light the entire time and the wait was impossible slow. Actually, we were not even sure if it was still operable or just super slow. We never figured that out and didn't bother to report it.

The breakfast buffet: We mistakenly thought a free breakfast buffet was included. We weren't going to bother as we figured it would be overrun with softball players but was amazed that hardly anyone was there the next morning. We moseyed on over and was immediately approached by someone wanting to show us the ropes. It looked like standard breakfast fare with cooked to order omelets. To our shock, there was a $11.95 charge. Unbelievable! If I'm going to pay $11.95 for a breakfast, I definitely want more than the free breakfast they serve at most of the other hotels in the area. We politely declined and found the nearest Denney's. (There's an IHOP and plenty of other dining options nearby.)

Overall, this was not a bad place to stay. Be prepared for thin walls and iffy elevators.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
central point,or, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

great service,clean, excellent breakfast lots of parking,verry helpful Great customer service, pool area large,great exercise room, comfortable bed and pillows, only place to stay that is centrally located, beverage always available all the time in entrance,with cookies at night

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was at capacity during my stay due to a softball tournament. I arrived at 2:00p.m. for check-in and was told by the staff that check-in was not until 3:00p.m. I stayed in the hotel lobby with my daughter's softball team and another team. At 3:00, I attempted to check-in again and was told that my room was still not ready. The front desk staff was very unorganized and did not know how to accommodate anyone. I stepped outside and made a call to the hotel and provided my name and was told my room was ready by the gentleman who was on-duty. I walked back inside and tried to check-in a third time and was told again that my room was not ready. I explained that I had just called and was told that my room was ready. This time she asked me for my name and proceeded to check me in.

Other than the front desk being confused, the hotel was clean and I was able to get a good nights sleep.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Roseville? Share your experiences!