“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Comfortable beds, clean. welcoming staff upon our late arrival. Fresh baked cookies and hot or cold drinks available in lobby. This hotel does have a buffet breakfast in am for 11.95. didnt have it , just had the free starbucks coffee .A little difficult to find at night with google maps directions . Call hotel for better directions off route I 80.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Plano, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The 1st room was by the freeway with the noise from the cars zipping by too much to ignore ... The 2nd room was just down the aisle from the 1st and just as noisy ... The 3rd room had a broken thermostat, cracked washbasin & dirty bed covers ... The 4th room was locked out and the attendant had to run up'n'down twice to open it. ALL rooms had dirty carpets and super loud A/Cs ... The property is in urgent need of room updates.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Tahoe City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Always a great stay! The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are always cozy and peaceful. Like the location - close to all the fun things I like to do in Roseville. I will say that having to do a minimum of 200 characters is really a pain. Thank you trip advisor for not making me want to do this.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Corning
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

PROS:
Location is next to freeway, but surprisingly little noise was heard from our rooms. We were in town for a family wedding and needed two rooms to accommodate our family. I asked for an early check-in ahead of time, but was unable to get into our rooms when we arrived,, so my family and I got ready in the lobby bathrooms. Not ideal, but it worked out. (bathrooms were clean and spacious).

Lobby is very modern, clean, and efficient. Rooms were furnished nicely with two double beds. Bathrooms were large and equipped with standard amenities. Bonus feature was the microwave and mini fridge. TV was perfect. My family slept very well.

Staff was friendly and efficient. When asked for bedding we were given plenty. Maids were busy early in the morning on our floor. Common areas were clean.

CONS:

Breakfast Buffet looked and smelled amazing! But at $11.95 each, our family of seven declined. Would have been nice to have simple bagels and fruit with the morning coffee and newspaper for free.

The Parking lot was not well lit and was very full when we arrived back on Saturday evening.

OVERALL:

A good place to stay, but we expected a bit more from a Hilton. Afterall the name alone brings images of class and elegance. We normally stay at less expensive motels, so maybe we expected too much from this one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Novato, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and clean, the staff is helpful and curteous, and the breakfast is amazing. Our soccer team stayed here and it has a great communal area too. It is by far the best place our team stays and the price is great for what you get.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

San Diego, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Rooms were clean worth the rate paid. I would recommend my friends and family to stay here. the hotel is well situated near the freeway and malls/restaurants. The staff provided fresh cookies at 4pm which were very good. i was there for a business trip and our group looked forward to the cookies at 4pm. I cannot say too much about the quality of the hotel and its friendly staff. OUTSTANDING!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Ok, first, let me say, I had no idea what to expect from Roseville, but this Hilton Garden Inn ha s done what it should--given me a great place to rest, recharge, and even delighted me a little.

The location has a lot going for it. Major freeways easily accessible, Splashworld (if you have kids), movie theaters, restaurants, Roseville Mall. In a world of chain restaurants, I might mention one local comfort food restaurant that was surprisingly great: Brookfields (breakfasts, french dip, burgers, sweet potato pancakes, desserts, friendly service).

But really, back to the hotel. There were a few tiny blips. The cable for several channels gave a "scrambled" error message from 11 pm on--so I was peeved. So while I was annoyed, I can say the good service of the staff really made up for it and pushed me over the edge in satisfaction. In particular, there was Diego who checked us in and Ilyana who made sure our stay was great from breakfast through check out. Those staffers are genuine and earnest. It must be Sacramento/Roseville types of people that are sort of "real" and plus I can always tell a well managed facility. Believe me, you know. So congratulations to the manager and division execs who put this staff together--it shows in your people. From a Hilton Honors Gold member--awesome staffing job!

If you are a Hilton Honors (sign up! it's free), then you get two bottles of water, free high speed internet. And you may get breakfast. The breakfast was great! Bacon, sausage, waffles (be sure to use non stick spray please before using the batter), delicious summer fruits, juices, bagels, egg white omelettes made to order, etc Breakfast waittress--was a chinese woman--she was wonderful as well.

Room was large. Even though I was next to the elevators--didn't hear a thing about it. Very quiet. In the afternoon--around 4 pm, you could hear revelry from Splashworld. But overall, the hotel has polite, busy business people in the week.

I really can't believe this is only ranked 10th of 20 in the area? The facility is clean, modern, and the location is great. The staff was great. We've had nothing but great experiences--and I can't say that for all the properties we've stayed at throughout northern california and oregon. Thank you, Hilton!

PS-we reserved through priceline express. it was quite a better price than people walking off the street. with smart phones, who walks in anymore?
PPS: maybe leave some instructions to the night clerk on how to unscramble the cable channels in case they go out at night--or have a hilton tech help 24 hour line so that all the hilton garden inns can at least try to address it.

Room Tip: We were next to the elevators on the 3rd floor, and we heard zero noise. It was fine to be near the...