“Not too shabby” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Monterey, Ca
“Not too shabby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is our second stay at this hotel this summer. Both stays were unexpected and the front desk found a way to accomodate us on very busy nights. This last time the hotel had two rooms left, one with twins beds and the other was a handicapped room. We chose the handicapped equipped room which was just super. I loved the accomodations in the room, which at my age were appreciated. The beds are always very comfortable and the rooms are clean and smell good. Since we arrived late, we ordered room service. Even though they were busy we waited less than 30 minutes before the food arrived. Both times we have stayed there we were nothing but happy. The staff is exceptional and always ready to assist. It's not what you'd call fancy, but it is super comfortable and clean and quiet. We had a very restful night and would stay there again if the situation arose.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was greeted by a friendly person and was quickly attended to. Ask if your room is on the side of the Highway and train tracks. The trains seemed to stop running after 10pm but the traffic kept going. The in room desk is the familiar Hilton style, good for evening computer work. I do not like the twist light switches on the fixtures. They should be rocker switches like Courtyard. The coffee maker was sub par and dirty.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Free Cookies- they sit out and everyone who gets one touches the other cookies. C...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nicole W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roseville, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the level of noise from nearby trains and traffic as well as your guest room amenities. Your comments will help us to improve our guest experience and provide better assistance to guests that experience similar issues. Thank you for your review.
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The room was average and for Roseville, there aren't a lot of options for accommodations so I chose this hotel out of convenience. The room was average but the tv channels were good (I like my cable!). What I disliked most at this hotel is the breakfast area. It was so sad looking. The tables were not set and the food looked picked over. I'll try to look for another place to stay the next time I need to be in Roseville even if it means driving a little further away.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nicole W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roseville, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent experience with our breakfast offering. I understand that you were disappointed with the presentation and options and I have brought your comment to our culinary team and we are actively reworking our breakfast with your comments in mind. Thank you once again for your comments.
Redding, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Upon entering our first room as usual i always check the mattress for bedbugs, after hearing a few horror stories about them I always check regardless of what hotel i stay at. I had my husband lift up the mattress and there was what appeared to be a "penis pump" I was so disgusted and immediately called the front desk and they sent up a housekeeper to see what the "issue" was. We went back down to the front desk and the desk girl "anna" gave us an upgraded room and apoligized for the inconvienance. We went to the new room and again had my husband check the mattress and saw condom wrappers, dirty silverware, and tiny bugs crawling on the mattress. ( i googled what bed bugs look like and they were so large they were fully grown adult bed bugs.) I again went down to the front desk and this time asked for a refund, the front desk girl seemed a little annoyed and made the housekeeper go check out the situation my husband went with him to show him. He came back down and confirmed what we saw, the front desk girl said she was sorry and told us we would have to get a refund through priceline which wasn't a problem. We have stayed at this hotel before and never had an issue. After this experience I will never stay here again and hope there housekeeping can do a better job for future guests.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Nicole W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roseville, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I want to sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I will personally be working with our housekeeping Manager to make sure this is problem is addressed. In addition after your departure we did have Ecolab pest control company come to inspect the room and verified that there was no evidence of bed bugs. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any other concerns.

Sincerely

Nicole Wampler
916-773-7171 ext. 505
santa Clara, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was an overnight stay, convenient to a Rocklin location I had to visit the next day. The reception staff was pleasant and I found the room adequate. Not brand new, but not outdated either. Dimly lit corridors, but the first impression of the room was positive.

Wired and WiFi internet is available. I had to use wiFi because I had forgotten my laptop adapter for wired internet. The WiFi always worked, but was very slow. The desk has adequate light and easily accessible power outlets. I noticed that they offered facilities for printing from your laptop or smart phone, with prints retrieved at the business office. Handy service.

Having travelled all day, I decided to dine in the hotel, since they had posters lauding their dining experience. That was the one negative mark! Very limited menu. The one waiter/ bartender that eventually appeared seemed surprised that I actually wanted to eat there ( I was the only customer) Very limited menu, horrible shrimp cocktail ( near frozen shrimps swimming in a soup bowl of cocktail sauce, diced tomatoes on the side topped with about 8 soup cracker packets on top of the tomatoes). Ordered the chicken, eatable but not great. The crowning pleasure came when I asked for a cup of coffee to finish my meal. The startled waiter said "sure, I can get you a coffee" and brought me a cup of lobby coffee in a Starbucks paper cup, to my "dining" table!

Breakfast the next morning was a totally different experience. A good selection of items, including an omelets cooked to order, make your own fresh waffles and fresh fruit. The Polish waiter was most courteous and helpful. Was this the same place that served me "dinner"?

At check-out time, the front desk manager enquired about my experience. When I told her about my "Dining" experience, she comped the meal and explained that they werer trying ti fulfill a Hilton franchise mandate and still working out the bugs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was part of a group that stayed at this hotel. We didn't spend much time in the rooms, but the bed was comfortable and the rooms were clean and bright. The internet worked great. When you're in a group and they serve breakfast, this type of hotel is hard to beat. They made omelets, had hot oatmeal, all kinds of cereal, etc. Breakfast was a great place for everyone to meet. The only downside was when the air conditioning came on in the room you knew it. The door door to the bathroom closes itself and it's huge. That was an annoying, but not a deal killer. I have anoth

Room Tip: I have stayed at this hotel three times and never had a bad room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

On the surface this looks like a real nice hotel. Everything seemed to be new and it was in great shape. My room did have an HDTV, microwave, coffee pot and refrigerator. The staff is competent and the room was ok. On the down side, the walls are thin and the bed was not all that comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Roseville? Share your experiences!