“Good hotel, fair value, but skip dinner there” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1951 Taylor Road, Roseville, CA 95661   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
santa Clara, CA
“Good hotel, fair value, but skip dinner there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was an overnight stay, convenient to a Rocklin location I had to visit the next day. The reception staff was pleasant and I found the room adequate. Not brand new, but not outdated either. Dimly lit corridors, but the first impression of the room was positive.

Wired and WiFi internet is available. I had to use wiFi because I had forgotten my laptop adapter for wired internet. The WiFi always worked, but was very slow. The desk has adequate light and easily accessible power outlets. I noticed that they offered facilities for printing from your laptop or smart phone, with prints retrieved at the business office. Handy service.

Having travelled all day, I decided to dine in the hotel, since they had posters lauding their dining experience. That was the one negative mark! Very limited menu. The one waiter/ bartender that eventually appeared seemed surprised that I actually wanted to eat there ( I was the only customer) Very limited menu, horrible shrimp cocktail ( near frozen shrimps swimming in a soup bowl of cocktail sauce, diced tomatoes on the side topped with about 8 soup cracker packets on top of the tomatoes). Ordered the chicken, eatable but not great. The crowning pleasure came when I asked for a cup of coffee to finish my meal. The startled waiter said "sure, I can get you a coffee" and brought me a cup of lobby coffee in a Starbucks paper cup, to my "dining" table!

Breakfast the next morning was a totally different experience. A good selection of items, including an omelets cooked to order, make your own fresh waffles and fresh fruit. The Polish waiter was most courteous and helpful. Was this the same place that served me "dinner"?

At check-out time, the front desk manager enquired about my experience. When I told her about my "Dining" experience, she comped the meal and explained that they werer trying ti fulfill a Hilton franchise mandate and still working out the bugs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was part of a group that stayed at this hotel. We didn't spend much time in the rooms, but the bed was comfortable and the rooms were clean and bright. The internet worked great. When you're in a group and they serve breakfast, this type of hotel is hard to beat. They made omelets, had hot oatmeal, all kinds of cereal, etc. Breakfast was a great place for everyone to meet. The only downside was when the air conditioning came on in the room you knew it. The door door to the bathroom closes itself and it's huge. That was an annoying, but not a deal killer. I have anoth

Room Tip: I have stayed at this hotel three times and never had a bad room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

On the surface this looks like a real nice hotel. Everything seemed to be new and it was in great shape. My room did have an HDTV, microwave, coffee pot and refrigerator. The staff is competent and the room was ok. On the down side, the walls are thin and the bed was not all that comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stay in Hilton Garden Inns whenever we can, since the service is always excellent (I am a Hilton Honors member, and they always treat me like visiting royalty). The folks at this place absolutely knocked themselves out to be of service. Best example: I asked where I could buy some milk, since I need it for a medication I take. The young woman at the desk said she would send some up to our room--not only did they not charge me for it, but the gentleman who brought it refused to take a tip.

Room Tip: This hotel is right next to the highway, so be sure to request a room on the quiet side.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIRoseville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roseville, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We really take a lot of pride in taking care of our guests and we're excited it shows! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in Roseville!
Mountain View, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Usually when I go out for a vacation, I need Gym, my daughter needs a pool, my wife needs on-premise restaurant, so I go with Hilton for less trouble, this place is as per the standards of the expectation.

My stay is pre-payed so not much interaction with staff, everything is taken by the staff without any need for interacting with them.

Apposite to this place Golfland Sunsplash, mini golf and other kids activities. If you are planning to stay with young kids, plan some activities to avoid disappointment to them.

Overall it is a good place to stay in this area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rocklin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My wife and i were exhausted after a day of fun in Tahoe. We walked into the Hotel without a reservation at nearly 11:00pm. Iliana was ending her shift, but she was energetic and friendly. We asked for a room "in the back away from any highway noise if possible". Ray took the time to check the available inventory and put us in a great room (he told me the view out the window was a wall, but it would be quiet - and quiet it was) . The beds have an adjustable firmness feature that worked great, and my wife and I slept great well into the late morning. I also liked that the room thermostat adjusted so that the room was refreshingly cool from the moment we walked in. I will definitely stay at the Hilton Garden Inn next time I need a room Roseville.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIRoseville, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roseville, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
We're so glad you were able to stay with us! Our team truly takes a lot of pride in taking care of our guests and we're really glad you noticed.

We're also lucky to have an exclusive Garden Sleep System bed in all of our rooms with king-sized beds, so like you mentioned, you can "choose your snooze" and adjust the firmess of the mattress to your liking....we're so glad you had a great night's sleep!

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, we look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in Roseville!
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

Attended a meeting. VERY impressed with the customer service. Ray, front desk and Gloria, food and beverage supervisor made lasting impression. Felt like full-service. Rare to find such attentive f&b help in a non-tourist destination.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! We are truly lucky to have an amazing staff and we're so glad it shows. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in the area!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Roseville? Share your experiences!