“Friendliest Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 18 hotels in Roseville
Texas
“Friendliest Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I basically live in hotels and the staff at the Hilton Garden in Roseville, CA were friendly, helpful, funny, and greeted us with a smile each time we entered. Some hotels give their all, and it is obvious that the management at this facility makes certain they hire the right people for the job. It makes life on the road much nicer when we meet up with people like this! The room was clean, nice, and the location was near a couple of restaurants that could be accessed by foot. No major road trips to dine.

Room Tip: No real advantages to any room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roseville, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us here in Roseville - we know there are a lot of options and we are so glad you chose us! We certainly believe our team members are the best anywhere and I'm so glad you noticed! I hope we see you again soon!

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Yuba City, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn is located fairly close to the Roseville Galleria and the Roseville Golfland Sunsplash park. I booked an attractive rate ($84) on-line, and it was certainly worth that. When I made the reservation, I requested a quiet room. I knew that I'd be reaching the hotel late in the evening after a long meeting and I wanted to be able to sleep without pool/bar/traffic noise. Usually, the on-line booking comments never seem to get forwarded to the property. They did here, though! (BTW, I booked through Hilton's own website). As I was given my key, the desk clerk commented that the room was away from the freeway so I could have a quiet location. Thank you!

The Sunsplash water park is located just across the street from the Hilton, and I did hear a few residual screams from happy water-sliders through my closed window. However, once I turned on the A/C, there was no more street noise.

This leads me to my one quarrel with this hotel. The HVAC is a wall-mounted unit with an individual thermostat that you can set. That's better than the on-off units that blast you with frigid air or bake you, but it was noisier than central AC would have been. I was woken up in the middle of the night because of the noise of the HVAC unit cycling on.

Nevertheless, the room was clean and quiet, the bed was comfy and had lots of plump pillows, and I appreciate that the fridge, microwave, and wifi are all included in the price. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful.

I'd definitely be willing to give it another try.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roseville, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your review of our hotel! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed one night while visiting family in Roseville (Our first time staying here). The good-sized room was very nice and clean, with a desk and comfortable side chair, We got a room on the freeway side of the hotel, which was a bit noisy, but we both slept well. Next time we stay here, I'll ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel, away from the freeway. Staff were helpful and very friendly. The hotel is a good value.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Clovis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed here a total of 8 nights over the past two weeks on different stays I can recommend this hotel with confidence. Rooms are clean and spacious, breakfast buffet is very good (not free) and people are friendly. There are a half dozen restaurants within walking distance and seemingly a hundred more within a mile or two. Easy on-off from I-80 as well. The only negative was that in both rooms, the thermostats seemed to be thirty years older than the hotel and although they worked you couldn't accurately tell the temperature so it is trial and error to set it to your desired level. Will definitely return.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roseville, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel - we really appreciate your feedback and we hope we see you again in Roseville soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Probably would stay elsewhere next time...bed was lumpy and their hot water temp is set too high, you can easily burn yourself both sink & shower.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Roseville, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience. Please know that we will investigate the concerns you mentioned to ensure they are remedied. Our beds are unique in that they can be adjusted to be made softer or firmer, with both sides of the bed able to customize the comfort level - and sometimes this can make for an uneven setting if both are set to different firmness levels. We will certainly work harder to explain this to guests as they arrive and will use this as a coaching opportunity with our housekeeping staff to ensure those settings are checked!

Thank you again for your stay and for sharing your feedback. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Roseville!
Brea, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Pros-the loby was nice, the staff was nice, the room's were big, and modern, all rooms came with a mini fridge, and microwave, and free internet with stay.
Cons- Breakfast is not included with your stay, it's 10.99 per person, the pool, and spa, are very small, also it states that the pool, and spa close at dark?!
Overall, it's a better hotel for buisness travel, rather then vacation travel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn is a great business hotel in the Roseville/Rocklin area. I have stayed here many times. The hotel is in excellent condition and is very clean. I look forward to the hot cooked-to-order breakfast each morning. The wireless and wired Internet is easy to use and fast. The staff is extra friendly so I think the management must emphasize that during training. There are many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. The only downside is that I recommend staying on the side of the hotel that is away from the freeway - whenever I ended up in a room on the freeway side of the hotel, I had to set the AC fan to run continuosuly in order to cover up the road noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the freeway side of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Roseville? Share your experiences!