“Short stay but enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #10 of 18 hotels in Roseville
Jackson, Mississippi
“Short stay but enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed here overnight for a wedding, and we enjoyed it. We received a nice rate of $89/night, due to being wedding guests. In the evening, down in the lobby, there were cookies available. The beds and room were comfortable. The bathroom door automatically closed in our room, so it could get steamy while bathing. I don't know if all the rooms did that, but if you need some cool air in, prop something in the doorway to keep it open. The only vending machines available on the floor were ice and drinks . However the hotel has a little shop downstairs where you could purchase snacks.

We enjoyed that the hotel offered complimentary breakfast with our stay. The selection offered was not limited to just a pastry and drink, like at some hotels. They had hot and cold food and beverages, and they could cook up eggs and omelets with what you chose to have in it! They offered oatmeal, cereals, bagels, muffins, pastries, fruits, milk, juices, tea, and Starbucks coffee (for all you Starbucks fans out there!). The dining area was lined with windows, so plenty of sunlight came through. The area was very comfortable. There were even a few tables into the lobby area, so you could sit away from the crowd to enjoy your breakfast.

The lobby area was spacious and had plenty of couches and chairs as well as a couple of fireplaces.

Check-in and check-out were very easy. The hotel is located in a busy but safe area. For families with children, the hotel is right down the street from a water park! The hotel was busy when we stayed that weekend, so parking was a bit crowded. Just one night, but we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

Stayed for business and found this HGI up to standards I find at all the properties I stay at. Staff was very nice, cookies abundant, cooked to order breakfast and buffet selection was fine.

They do not have restaurant service in the evening, but there is a Tahoe Joes Restaurant (Steak House) located about 100 yards away across the parking lot. The service there was fine, but I have had better quality food for about the same price (Outback Lone Star etc.)

As previous posters have stated if you are placed in a room that faces the Interstate 80 Freeway, you are going to be dissapointed. I was in a corner room, two king beds and a whirlpool bath (which I did not use.) Everything in the room was nice, but the freeway noise is constant and really distracting. When you use the A/C and the fan kicks on the freeway noise goes away. There is also the occasional train traveling through (across the freeway) and using the whistle frequenly.

Perhaps they may consider retrofitting the windows on the freeway side to muffle the noise.

I would stay here again if I was placed in a room away from the freeway.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room that faces the freeway unless you wear earplugs
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Beaumont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011 via mobile

This was our second time staying here as a family. The staff here are so friendly, it just makes you feel like they've all been there forever. The breakfast downstairs is a nice little buffet, and the server this trip was the same as last year, which just made it that much more homey! Right across the street from Golfland/Sunsplash, you can just walk over to the waterslides and minigolf for the day. Rooms clean and nice. Great mall (galleria) nearby as well as the Fountains shopping area, both across the freeway within minutes.

• Stayed June 2011
On The Road
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

I stayed at the HGI - Roseville for two nights. I had shipped a few boxes of work related material ahead to the hotel, and much to my surprise my boxes were already IN my room when I arrived! I thought that was a fantastic touch that I have never experienced at any other hotel.
The room and public spaces were very clean, well kept, and the staff was incredible.
From advice about where to find shopping/dining - to estimated travel times to local destinations - the staff was very helpful.
I did not have breakfast at the hotel, so I can't speak to the quality of food at the hotel.
There is free on-site self parking, and even though the hotel shares a lot with another hotel, and a restaurant - there is plenty of parking.
The internet connection was fast and very easy to access.
Above average experience overall.
If I were staying in the area again I would choose the HGI!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Gardnerville, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

Stayed here with my significant other and two teens. Rooms were just okay. Breakfast was $10.95 pp unless you booked the room with a breakfast package, so we went to the Waffle Barn instead. My problem with this hotel was the road noise from the very close freeway; I am a light sleeper, so this was a real bummer to me (not to mention my "honeymooning" neighbors above us, the squeaking and moaning was a bit much for my taste.) The special air bed wasn't all that is was cracked up to be, and any movement produced an unwelcome 'sitting on Grandma's plastic covered sofa' sound [hence the noise from Mr. and Mrs. Honeymoon.] It was not a comfortable bed, if you ask me. Everything else in the room was very average, as well. Next time in this area, I will try another hotel and will not stay here unless looking for a poor night's sleep.
I will give it a thumb's up for the pricing, however, which was $89 per night for a king; the extra $10 for the two small double beds, was a bit much though.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Santa Monica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

We had 5 rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn Roseville. They were all very generic, the beds were comfortable and all our basic needs were met. The parking situation in the evening could get a little tricky as the lot is shared with another hotel or business, otherwise it was fine for what we needed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Madison, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

Hotel was very nice and staff was awesome! Beds were very comfrotable. Only down thing was I asked for a King bed and received 2 double beds, and the traffic noise from the freeway can be loud without the fan on. Room was clean and breakfast was great! Fresh cookies in the evening brightened up the day!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Roseville? Share your experiences!