“Great Hotel perfect for our group” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1930 Taylor Rd, Roseville, CA 95661   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 18 hotels in Roseville
Santa Rosa, California
“Great Hotel perfect for our group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

I was a little worried after looking over the reviews, but decided to stay here because of the full kitchen. It was GREAT, the kitchen allowed me to cook dinner for the 4 boys that I had in tow for the soccer tournament. We stayed in a two bedroom suite and had plenty of room and three tv's. The staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. I have been in a lot of hotels lately and I have to say this was a delight. The bed was very comfortable and the kids loved the indoor pool. I will definaltey stay here next time we are playing soccer in Sacramento.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

Recently stayed with husband and two year old daughter. The room was a bit small but very clean. My daughter loved the pool just be carefull the floor in pool room is very slick. The breakfast each morning was perfect. There was something for everyone and the breakfast hostess was fantastic. You can tell she truly loves her job. Great Hotel and good value. Only downfall was the internet was very slow.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

I checked in for two weeks stay as I am working locally. The 1 bedroom is $$$. It was supposed to be a long term or short term home like facility. However, their amenities are not 'home like' but it appears as a motel with kitchen. Their utensils are all very old plastic including very old old flat ware. You can buy a nice set of complete home start of kitchen utensils and dining set at Target Store for less than a hundred dollars.

On the third morning, my back were hurting everytime I wake up. So I requested to be transferred to a room that has a better bed as my bed was so soft and it was uncomfortable. Friday and Saturday came without action. I called the Day Manager at Saturday 3 days after the request. The maintenance manager brought a big plywood and put underneath the mattress. He then said, 'that solves the issue on the softness of the bed". If your customers pay $130/night - they deserve a better approach and not talk back to them.

The environment of the room was very old ... and run down look ... bad experience!

Immediately, I checked out and moved across the street - Larkspur Landing with better options and amenities... the experience was great.

I recommend Larkspur Landing 100% but not Residence Inn on Taylor Street.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

About as nice as you'll get in a smaller centre like Roseville. Breakfast was included and was very good. I concur with another traveller who commented that the air conditioning was very loud. I called the hotel in advance thinking that it must not be central a/c, but they assured me that it is central a/c. Turns out, it is central a/c but still is ridiculously loud!! Bring earplugs for sure. If you want quiet (other than the a/c), ask for a top floor room in the quieter wing. I noticed lots of school groups/sport teams in other areas; wouldn't want to have been by them. Hotel is nice and clean. We had the two king bed suite, with pullout couch, and a rollaway cot...suited two small families sharing.

• Liked — High quality, clean, accommodating front desk staff
  • Disliked — Noisy air conditioning, although central air conditioning
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2007

We stay here 2 times per year and just returned from a 3 night stay in a 1 bedroom suite in April. We paid $140 per night as a weekend rate. Although this property has many things going for it, it definitely caters more to the extended stay guest. I suspect that they hold the better location rooms for those who are staying for weeks.

The positives:
Good water pressure in the shower
Good lighting in the bathroom vanity area (newly renovated)
Really nice, extensive breakfast in the Lobby
Nice set up for cooking in your room, including full size refrigerator and lots of utensils

The negatives:
In our advance reservations, we requested, as we usually do, an early check-in (1:00 PM) but the room wasn't ready yet. (We try to get there early because we know they sometimes oversell the rooms!) We also always request the third floor, but again on this visit, as in previous visits, none were available no matter how early we got there.

On our first night, our bathroom sink wasn't draining properly (would overflow if the faucet was turned on all the way) so I told the Front Desk about it the next morning and they said they would have someone fix it. When we got back that evening, it still wasn't fixed, so I told the Front Desk about it again the following morning. Again, they said they would have someone look at it, but it wasn't fixed that evening - and there was no explanation from anyone about the status of the sink - so I gave up. (To keep it from overflowing, I turned the faucet stream down to a trickle.) This is frustrating because we also had slow draining sinks or tubs on our previous two visits to this hotel.

This Residence Inn doesn't have central A/C so it did take some getting used to when the individual A/C in the room kept noisily starting up. The A/C is unfortunately located near the bed.

Overall, I would say that I will try staying at another hotel in Roseville for our next visit in order to get central A/C, a lower nightly rate, and better plumbing.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Poor plumbing, noisy A/C, not good about accomodating special requests
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Encinitas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2007

I had a two month business trip in the Roseville area and opted for the Residence Inn since I could book a suite instead of just a room. I called when my arrival was delayed and was told that there would be no problem with my late check-in. When I finally arrived, I was warmly greeted and was checked in quickly and efficiently. All of the staff, including the manager seem to enjoy their jobs at this facility. Some of them even come in on their days off to take care of things for the guests. The breakfasts and dinners are nice. The rooms are clean. My bed was quite comfortable. The only problem I experienced was that my magnetic key would lose its code every few days and required reprogramming. Other than that, I had a fantastic experience.

• Liked — Great staff
  • Disliked — Magnetic key cards
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hoboken, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2006

After flying cross country from New York and driving 2 1/2 hours from San Francisco they had the nerve to tell me upon arrival that my room was not available because someone else extended their reservation.

I found this completley unacceptable, first off, I travel a lot for business and if I need to extend a reservation, I call the front desk and they tell me yes or no. If the answer is no, I have to find another hotel....... no problem. One of the downfalls of traveling, I cannot believe they let people extend reservations when they have people checking in. Also, why was I not notified of this via phone? They had my number.......

This also happened to my other co-workers that night. Not happy campers. Horrible experience.

• Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here!! Stay at Larkspur in Roseville, much nicer and similiar accomadations.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Residence Inn Roseville Galleria Mall/Taylor Road? Share your experiences!