“Excellent hotel, perfect staff, recommendable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
San Jose, California
“Excellent hotel, perfect staff, recommendable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This Residence Inn was delightful. From pleasant and friendly checkin (including an upgrade to a two room suite) to cheerful checkout an overall excellent experience. The hotel is located in an area with newly built shops and restaurants. Their parking lot had ample spaces behind the building.
Breakfast was the best Residence Inn breakfast so far: eggs, sausages, oatmeal, toast, apples, oranges, bananas (even organic - great!), watermelon, blueberries, walnuts, etc. Service in the breakfast area was very attentive, constantly checking that everything was there, and even walking around refilling coffee cups, clearing tables, prepared special vegetarian option for a group at a neighboring table. The hotel has an inside pool, whirlpool, and exercise room. Room was large, bed comfortable, bathroom clean, kitchen area and fridge, plus table with four chairs. As a bonus, the room had a gas fire place. We stayed on the 3rd floor and the only slight drawback was a constant background noise from the large airconditioning unit next to the reception area. Rooms facing away (to the back of the hotel) are probably the quietest. However, due to double-pane windows, slept very well.
Yes, would definitely come back here. Recommendable.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the back may be the quietest, and there is more parking at the back of the hotel as we...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RIRoseville, General Manager at Residence Inn Roseville Galleria Mall/Taylor Road, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear usuallyhappytravels,

We're happy to know that you and your family felt well taken care of during your visit. Thank you for sharing such kind remarks, as it's truly appreciated by all of us here at the Residence Inn by Marriott Roseville. We look forward to welcoming you all back again.

General Manager, Residence Inn Roseville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Convenient location to see our friends in Granite Bay. Just off the 80 Fwy, minutes from SAC. Price was right. Breakfast included, nice selection.
Rooms were new but cheap towels and not enough electric plugs for today's travelers of rechargeable cell phones iPads etc. No door signs to request maid service and they didn't clean until late in the day. No spare toilet paper. Front desk was friendly and helpful

• Stayed September 2013
RIRoseville, General Manager at Residence Inn Roseville Galleria Mall/Taylor Road, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear TravelerVII,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Roseville. Feedback from our guest’s is essential to improving our service and product and I am glad that you could share your experience with us. It is wonderful to hear that our service was friendly and helpful. All your comments will be shared with our team to help us improve on your described deficiencies. We look forward to welcoming you as our guest again in the near future.

sac delta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stay at this hotel when we come up to visit our grandkids. I would not stay any where else. It all starts at checkin with two great gentleman behind the desk who lets you know that you are welcomed. All the staff are incredible and make you feel special. Have never been disappointed with the rooms, pool or breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
RIRoseville, General Manager at Residence Inn Roseville Galleria Mall/Taylor Road, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear ticroses,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hotel. I am glad to see you had a pleasant stay and that our staff make you feel special. We hope to see you again soon and thanks for staying with us.

omaha, nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here after a friend finished the Western States Endurance Run in Auburn, CA. We needed a place where we could catch up on sleep, clean out our rental van, and do some laundry. The hotel was able to let us check in at 11am which was absolutely critical for all of us getting caught up on sleep. The laundry room was convenient and we were able to was several loads of clothes and pack our bags with clean laundry.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
RIRoseville, General Manager at Residence Inn Roseville Galleria Mall/Taylor Road, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear amy c,

Thank you for your positive review, this provides encouragement to our team and provides honest feedback to our future guests. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our on-site laundry facilities. Once again thank you and we appreciate your patronage!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I travel on business frequently and have found the Residence Inn in Roseville quite suitable & would recommend it to any business traveler. First, it's easy to locate, just off Hwy. 80. Next, even though over the last couple of years I've noticed some maintenance upgrades taking place here & there, it has never interfered with my comings & goings and any particular room requests I've made have been accommodated. My rooms have always been clean & tidy, spacious & quiet (...enough so that I can actually finish all my work before 'hitting the road' again). And finally, what keeps me coming back are the staff people I've encountered. One in particular, Jamie, who works in food service, is an outstanding employee. With all the Marriott's, their concierge lounges & fine food I've enjoyed over time, one might think simple Residence Inn fare would be a letdown. But it isn't about the food, it's about the service. And this young woman is the best! Her friendly demeanor, efficiency & attention to detail is quite refreshing. When she is there the food is served hot/cold, fresh & plentiful (and sometimes with hoards of people I don't know how she keeps from running out but I assume she is also great at multi-tasking). I've observed when people ask for a particular item she either miraculously comes up with it or she suggests an appropriate alternative. Even with the most difficult guests she is patient, respectful & always gracious. With all the choices there are for hotels, employees like this her will keep me coming back to the Residence Inn in Roseville.

Room Tip: For quiet, I usually find a room away from the elevator & doors works best.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jane O,

Thank you for staying recently at the Residence Inn Roseville. I am pleased you found our location ideal and the service from our staff especially Jaime helpful. I hope when you return to Roseville you will again stay with us. Thanks again for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Roseville.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Our room was comfortable enough, though the only bathroom access was from the bedroom. We had thought the separate room would be better than than a king studio, but I would revisit that thought were I to stay again. Weekend "full breakfast" was really just the standard hotel continental upgraded with eggs and tasteless potato medallions. Monday morning breakfast was fresher, tastier, and had fresh cut pineapple; a marked difference. The hotel is located on a corner with two other hotels and across the street from a waterpark so would be good for visiting families seeking recreation. Easy freeway access was a plus.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear jtmze,

Thank you for providing your comments on your stay at the Residence Inn Roseville. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and I have corrected the issues that you brought to my attention. We hope to have you back soon and thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This property is not up to the standards of a Residence Inn. Let's hope that Marriott has immediate plans to remodel and replace management! Seeing the sign from the freeway announcing that it is "Resid Inn" should give you a clue that property maintenance is not a high priority. Parking was a definite problem. At checkin, my choices were fire lane, handicapped parking, or way along the side of the property. The outside trash cans were overflowing with trash the whole two days I stayed there, and the parking lot itself was littered with trash. The public areas, elevator, etc were not vacuumed during my stay. Our room had candy wrappers on the floor when we checked inn. Our toilet ran continuously until I fixed it myself. None of the dishwashers were operational. The second day I was given a large supply of decaf coffee only. When I went to the desk to ask for regular coffee the clerk could not find any and instead wanted to know my name. . The upholstery in our room was in need of cleaning. The place just looked run down in general. They charge you $100 to have a dog, yet do not bother to even provide dog clean up bags. The snake warning (prominently laminated on the coffee table) was the strangest thing by far I have ever seen in a hotel, and I have to say that this hotel has entered my family's folklore as one of our worst experiences. Fortunately we have senses of humor and we will always remember the snake hotel and tell everyone we know what an awful choice it was for us. I had called ahead because there were three rooms of us, and told the person we were there for a family funeral. She offered to put us in rooms near each other, but when they checked us in we were about as far as possible from each other and still in the same hotel. When I checked in, she brightly remembered my call because "you have such a strange name!" and she remembered we were there for a "family reunion!" I guess you could consider a funeral to a be family reunion, but it was kind of an offputting remark. There are much better choices in the immediate area, such as the Homewood Suites. Don't stay here!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RIRoseville, General Manager at Residence Inn Roseville Galleria Mall/Taylor Road, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear CRHOregon,

We are extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction with your stay, here at the Residence Inn. First and Foremost I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay. Here at the Residence Inn, we strive to exceed our guest expectations and go above and beyond to ensure that our guest enjoy there entire stay with us. Please feel to contact me at bobbie.rollins@pillarhotels.com, if you would like to discuss further.

General Manager, Residence Inn Roseville

Been to Residence Inn Roseville Galleria Mall/Taylor Road? Share your experiences!