“There is a reason this is the cheapest Motel in the area” 2 of 5 stars

Heritage Inn Express Roseville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   204 Harding Blvd., Roseville, CA 95678   |
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
San Francisco, CA
“There is a reason this is the cheapest Motel in the area”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

First, here is what you get:

Friendly staff and good service. A large, clean room. A large bed with a firm mattress. Relatively little noise from the cars on I-80 or the surface streets. Ample parking. Very close to Trader Joe's.

Here is what you do not get:

A phone in the room. Towels (bring your own). Edible breakfast or drinkable coffee. Quiet air con (but it is cold!).

A good place for backpackers, European tourist watching their pennies, truckers, and travelers that get off on staying in Motel that could have been used in an episode of "Breaking Bad".

Room Tip: Upstairs, non-smoking rooms facing West and/or South are best. Bring towels. Forgo the free breakfas...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
kuldeep k, Manager at Heritage Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, 1 week ago

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Again , I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly (916) 782-4466

kkaur@heritagehotelgroup.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
SACRAMENTO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

A coworker & I stayed here for 10 days and anytime I needed something everyone on staff did everything in their power to accomodate mine & my coworkers needs. My coworker has disabilities and they treated him with respect & met his needs which I really also was happy to see. The hotel is in a transition as they just have new management/owners in the past 3 months. There were no issues with towels as reported in previous reviews and the non-smoking rooms smelled like a non-smoking room should, which due to my allergies was a blessing. The beds were new mattresses and very comfortable. The maintainance staff was working even on Mother's Day fixing lighting on the buildings. They are really really concerned that your stay is a good one. With this type of attitude I feel this hotel is headed in the right direction and worth the stay. For the area this was priced in the middle of the 3 that I had priced (and previously stayed at for work). I will definitely stay here again if I am in this work area because the staff really cares and that matters after a 10 hour work day in the sun. The other great thing is this has Waffle Square restaurant next door, McDonalds, Wells Fargo & Chase Bank, Trader Joe's, Auto Zone, AMPM, Ace Hardware & Dollar Tree in the next parking lots, soooooo convient! Oh and easy freeway access too. Definitely worth it just for the conviences alone!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do every thing possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at (916) 782-4466

Heritage Inn Express
Big Water, Utah, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We left our home of Lake Powell on the Utah/Arizona border at midnight on a Thursday night. We arrived in Sacramento to see a very ill family member in the UC Davis hospital on Friday afternoon around 4, after driving 16 hours non stop trading off two drivers: my husband and I.
We had been trying to find a hotel for the night, and I think eventually we got so emotionally and physically exhausted we just pressed "book" on Travelocity thinking we'd be okay.
We were soo wrong.
When we get there, the manager immediately tells us NO SMOKING in the room. They said $300.00 charge for smoking in the room.
You can imagine our confusion when we arrived in the room and there was a fresh clean ashtray on the table. We figured it was a shady motel's way of baiting us into smoking in the room so they could charge us.
Myself having a 15 year old son and being 3 months pregnant with a second, would NOT allow my husband and brother in law to smoke in the room, nor are they allowed to smoke within 10 yards of me or my son at any time.
they spent the majority of our short stay at the Heritage Inn standing outside smoking and working through the fact that they are loosing their father.
I was not impressed with the hotel room at all. The carpet was old and stained. Everything just seemed cheap. We weren't very comfortable.
So the following day you can imagine our surprise when a worker called to inform us that they were going to be charging us for smoking in the room. They claimed there was marijuana on the nightstand, cigarettes under the bed, ashes in the sheets, and an ashtray in the room.
When my husband tried to call and speak to the manager, he hung up on my husband.
I called in a fury.
I told him we're a Utah family 16 hours away from home, that I'm pregnant and have a 1 year old child, that I made CERTAIN they did NOT smoke in the room, and that we don't HAVE marijuana. I brought up that the Ashtray was already in the room, and that the three other guests we made friends with while staying, also found clean ashtrays in the room. The manager got quiet. After I threatened a lawyer and going to court, he agreed to drop the charges.
Do yourself a favor. Go stay at the Super 8 on Madison avenue in Roseville, where we stayed the following night. The rooms are clean and comfortable with a great staff, a continental breakfast and very great price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

We are always concerned when we do not exceed our guests' expectations. Since we did not accomplish this, we would like to provide you with a 50% discount during your next stay.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again I apologize for the inconvenience during you stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
Heritage Inn Roseville
Livermore, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I checked into this motel which I have visited before, the parking lot is cracked with weeds growing through the asphalt. I was told our other party could not be next to us as all ground floor rooms were taken, my wife and I have mobility issues so we cannot have a second story room. in both our room and our friend's final room there were no towels, I got towels but no bath mat.
Our friend's first room first the key wouldn't work, when he got in the room the tv didn't work, so they changed his room , the key and tv worked but there were no towels or bath mat for two days. On Saturday night there was a very loud party in the Conference Room right by the office which lasted until about 11:10 pm.
In our room number 135 the rug was stained and torn, the table tops were dirty and sticky, the bed spread had burn holes, the sheets were flat sheets only and were impossible to keep tucked in, the under pad kept bunching up, the pillows were flat and the mattress was uncomfortable.. The entry door had a 1/4 inch gap between the door and the frame on both sides and the top. There was no telephone in the room. In the bathroom the tub faucet leaks around the knob, the tub spout is loose and the mounting bezel is dangling from the pipe, one tile around the tub spout is broken and a triangular piece about 2X2X3is missing allowing water to leak into the wall. The grout between the tiles is missing, the grout between the tile and the tub has failed to adhere to the tub leaving gaps. Under the soap dish in the tub and under the toilet rim mold is growing. In the toilet bowl wet grout was dropped and left to adhere to the bowl, and the toilet seat is dangerously loose. The toilet paper holder is loose and the paper mounting spool is missing. The sink stopper is disconnected and therefore unusable. The bathroom ventalation fan is not working, it appears to have been deliberately disabled.

Room Tip: there is a central building surrounded by a u shaped building and the office that is shielded from m...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

San Leandro, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Dirty, no internet in room. The gave us a room that the water faucet was failed. There was not any tower in this room. So, they gave us another room but it was a SMOKING ROOM before. There was also no tower in this room. We regret that we want to save some money and we ended up at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

San Jose
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was the first place we noticed off I80 after a late concert at Thunder Valley Casino. We asked for a quiet room for 2 nights and were put next to a guy who seemed like a permanent resident--door was constantly ajar and loud TV on all night/day--he even made his own do not disturb sign.

There were no towels so the clerk had to go into another room to get us some--they had holes. He didn't get hand towels or wash cloths so he had to go back again. He was new and really nice and I felt sorry that he had to work in such an environment. Our fridge didn't work and all and smelled strongly of bleach--.all he could do at the time was report it--never offered another room.

Breakfast was cereal coffee, juice toast, and muffin that had been left on the same plate on the counter the night before---and a lukewarm gallon of milk on the counter with a sell by date due in 2 days. There are a bunch of weird signs like one danish per person, no taking food to rooms, breakfast guests use lobby doors--makes you think why. Saw the manager letting in the maid by putting the bottom of his foot on the door "handle" and kicking it open.

Our room had loose floodlights bulbs on the luggage rack and the microwave was set on the middle of the desk instead of on top of the minifridge. Room smelled of chemicals with a 1990's TV. Granted in was cheap but I don't know how this place stays in business. There is a disgusting black couch in the lobby that sets the tone and first impression for the entire stay.

Probably used to be cool in the 60's, Spanish revival style arches, large rooms, pool, etc.
Love the location for the Filipino food across the street and the $1.50 pint beers at the bar 100 yards away, but I'll stay at the Best Western instead.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Gardnerville, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Get ready, this will take some time...

The reservations were placed by my mother several months prior to our stay. She offered to foot the bill, but she had to keep the cost down, plus this was around a mile from her house, that's why she chose this place for us. She's had friends stay here and say that it's not that bad, plus I had a friend from church tell me it wasn't bad. So I chose to put all the poor reviews out of my head and make my own decision once we arrived. Still, because of the reviews, my mother called ahead and requested that the room be extra clean and that enough towels for three guests be stocked in the bathroom.

We arrived on a Thursday at 11am. I didn't realize that check-in was at 3pm. She checked with housekeeping to see if the room was close to being ready. I told her, it was no problem, that I would rather they do a good job than hurry and not have a clean room. We left and went to my mom's to have lunch and visit. We returned around 4pm and check in to our room. Our intentions were to simply drop our luggage, then return to my mom's. The room smelled of bleach, so it was obvious that housekeeping had been there and the room had been "cleaned". We packed up all our electronics (laptops, etc.) to be taken with us, closed the door, checked to be sure the door was secure, and left. We returned at around 10pm to find our door open and the light on. WHAT THE...? I checked the room, there was no one in it. I called the front desk to inquire; he put me on hold to check with the housekeeping staff. I was told that housekeeping entered my room to check to be sure that we were equipped with the necessities - alarm clock, coffee maker, iron/ironing board, etc. I countered this with the notion that this should be done when the room is being prepared for the next guest. He said they do it then, and after the guest checks in. (Sorry, but this is NOT a customary practice) I also told him that in housekeeping's "checking" they forgot to supply us with the correct number of towels. He said he would bring some right over. When he did, I told him that I felt our safety had been compromised and that I would like to be moved to another room. He looked at me with hesitation and said, "Moved?" I couldn't believe that not only would he not offer that in the first place, but he had the audacity to question the notion. He did offer to give me new key cards, which I settled for, as well as knock $5 off our nightly rate. As I was putting the new card into the door, I noticed that our "non-smoking" room did not have a "non-smoking" placard on the front as the door next to us did. I thought this was interesting, but I'll return to this subject later. Read on... I told him we would not be needing any housekeeping services for the duration of our stay and we would turn in our used towels in the morning, and pick up new towels when we returned at night. He said he would make a note of that for our room.

Okay, so now it's time to turn in for the night. We locked the door with the deadbolt, but could not lock the hinge lock because it did not exist. Yes, that is right, it did not exist. We turn down our beds... one bed, was fitted with a flat sheet, not a fitted sheet. Aside from that, the bed was made fine. The other bed, however... I noticed the fitted sheet was almost popping off. I tried to bring it down so that it was on properly, but could not. It was on SO TIGHT but the sheet was too small so it didn't fit the mattress correctly. It was on inside out. Also, the proper way to make a bed is: fitted sheet, top sheet, blanket, coverlet. We've already discussed the fitted sheet, but the rest went: blanket, fitted sheet, coverlet. Where did they find these housekeepers? Geez. Because of the open door incident, my 13yo asked if she could sleep with me - she was scared to tears. My 15yo was up several times during the night checking the lock, looking out the peephole. She couldn't sleep because of the incident and was looking out for our safety.

Friday morning, I was the first to get into the shower. There was only a fabric shower curtain, no liner, so either the curtain gets soaked from being put on the inside of the tub, or the floor gets soaked from leaving the curtain outside the tub. I opted for inside - not my problem. As I'm taking my shower and the bathroom is steaming up, I start to smell the faintest hint of cigarette smoke. I thought, this is supposed to be a non-smoking room - maybe somebody is smoking outside, or there's connecting vents... My 13yo is next in the shower and when she's done, I ask her if the bathroom has a familiar smell (my in-laws are smokers and they smoke inside their house). She says "Grama's house", I asked her which grama, at which point she identified the smoking household. As my 15yo is getting ready, I open the shades (filled with tiny holes from bugs, I'm assuming) a tad to let in some natural light and realize the floor is not blue as I'd originally thought, but green, accented by black stains. I wanted to puke, then take another shower. When we left our room, we stopped by the front desk to turn in our used towels. I questioned the woman behind the counter (name: Candra) regarding the smoking status of our room. She checked the computer and assured me that it is a non-smoking room. I told her I thought that was interesting because it reeks like smoke. She assured me that anyone who smoked in that room was fined $300, but did not offer to move me to a new room. We left to go visit with my mother for the day.

I told my mom everything that had happened up until this time, and she told me I should request to be moved. I suggested that since she is paying for the room, perhaps she should come with me and help me with the situation since the staff did not seem too accommodating. She agreed, but said she'd like to see my room first before going to the staff. We entered the room and were hit with the smell; the bathroom was worse. My mom spoke with Candra at the front desk, who all of a sudden was very accommodating. She checked out an available room to be sure that all was good; she asked if we would like to see it before moving our stuff, which we did. We couldn't believe the difference in quality. We went to get our stuff and it was clear that our old room was definitely not a 'non-smoking' room. GrossGrossGross. We got our stuff moved, I signed a new agreement for our new room and that was that.

The rest of the time we were in the room was not bad - it even had a better shower than the other room, which was a plus - I didn't have to squat to get under the shower head! If we had ended on this note, I would not have given the motel a "terrible" rating (maybe just a "poor" instead) but on our last night, I stopped in to pick up clean towels and this is how it went:

Staff (with his cell phone up to his ear - 2nd occurance): We just gave the last of the clean towels to the guest who just check in, but there's some in the laundry, they'll be ready in 5 minutes and I'll bring them to you
Me: Okay
(10 minutes later, at our room)
Staff: I only have two towels, I had to take them from a clean room, I don't have keys to the laundry facility
Me: What am I supposed to do? We're three people.
Staff: The person with a key will be in at the front desk at 11:00pm
Me: 11:00! We'll be asleep!
Staff (shrugging): Sorry.

The final hurrah was when we'd packed up all our stuff and I pulled all the bedding off and put it in a pile on the bed to make sure something didn't get kicked under the bed and there was a cheerio sitting there next to the base of the bed. This tells me that the housekeepers are not thorough in their tasks, and even though our room appeared clean, it really was not.

Note: We were able to make it to the continental "breakfast" once in four days. The guy at the front desk said "I'll pull out more danishes in a moment" - more danishes constituted 4 danishes on a paper plate. He brought out a gallon of milk, but had to go get spoons so my daughter could eat her cereal. There was no fruit.

I have a hard time staying in a place like this just to save a buck. Next time, I'll pay the extra money to get good service and clean accommodations. The entire time we were here, there were no more than 6 vehicles in the parking lot and we stayed Thursday through Monday the weekend before New Years.

DON'T STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Room 141 is a non smoking room, it was mostly clean, free of carpet stains, everything worked. Ro...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

kkaur@heritagehotelgroup.com

Been to Heritage Inn Express Roseville? Share your experiences!