“A work in progress” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Los Angeles, California
“A work in progress”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have stayed here three times and each time gets a little better and a little worse.

The rooms are supposed to be cleaned daily but on our last trip they were not. Missing lightbulbs and lack of complementary breakfast were confusing. I was told the breakfast was not being served because the dining room was being remodled - but that night there was a party going till late in the night.

Once we had a fridge. Once we had a microwave. And once we had neither.

The most frustrating thing was having our 8-year old neice with us for the night and having to wash her feet off before putting shoes and socks on her.

The carpet was filthy!! I may stay there again, but I strongly suggest the management get a checklist for the maids to go through each time they clean the room so nothing gets missed. And for heven's sake clean the carpets.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
kuldeep k, General Manager at Heritage Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, December 28, 2014
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Again , I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly (916) 782-4466

kkaur@heritagehotelgroup.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The room wasn't very clean (there were splotches of food on the ceiling and walls). We had to go to the front office and arrange for a desk in the room for our laptop. There was no table either.

The big room where they normally serve breakfast is being remodeled and is now a storage for unused furniture, so no breakfast. Not that I would have eaten it.

It seems like the new owner is making an attempt to spruce up the place, but it is very slow going. Everything was a bit tacky and old.

There were some creepy people sitting along the curb in the parking lot. The were obviously homeless, and drunk or high on something. The police moved them along, but then some others showed up.

I don't think I'd stay here again, but the price was right, and it's close to everything.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Campbell, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years -- mainly, as a convenient place to stay during the State Fair. This is clearly a no-frills kind of place, but it has been getting worse and worse every visit. Last weekend we made a reservation for Saturday night in advance. We checked in around 3 PM and were assigned to #208, a non smoking room. Well, the room smelled horribly of smoke! So, we marched back to the lobby and get moved to #109. While waiting to change our room, a scruffy guy tries to check in to the hotel. The clerk says there is a note that says a room cannot be rented to him! The scruffy guy (i'm being polite here!) then intimidates the young clerk and gets his room. He requests a SMOKING room and since none are available, they give him #208 ---- the supposed NON smoking room! Also, no bulbs in the light fixtures, ants in the bathroom and only ONE set of towels in the room. It looked like someone had set the dumpster area on fire recently and the trees we all burned. We have had these same complaints year after year and will be taking our business elsewhere next time!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else! The are plenty of decent hotels nearby.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Cupertino, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

No wifi, breakfast was only banana and drinks, no tissues, no toilet paper handle, broken drawers, worn out carpet, broken refrigerator, no alarm clock, marked as non-smoking room, but still you can tell it was used to be a smoking room. The worst thing ever was, if you asked front desk for something, you got answer was they don't have it. Even a pillow! I will never go back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Shocker! On my list at the top of worst ever places to stay. Police driving round the car park thru the night and early evening, gangsta paradise, filthy rooms. Don't do it. The place is located in a good place and there are plenty of other hotels that looked good quality in the day light. The only good thing I can say is the waffle diner that is almost on the premises but not part of the heritage was good value and good food but this is a different establishment.

Room Tip: Go to a different place
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
kuldeep k, Manager at Heritage Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, October 15, 2014

We are always concerned when we do not exceed our guests' expectations. Since we did not accomplish this, we would like to provide you with a 50% discount during your next stay.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again I apologize for the inconvenience during you stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

If you book a price for a room with breakfast, they're lying. There's no breakfast. The free wifi is terribly unreliable and late checkout options are nil. In all, a horrible place. I am never going back.

• Stayed June 2013

Lompoc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Wow. I was horrified from the first homeless person passed out in the lobby. Then there were two more homeless people digging trough the garbage cans and washing their hair in the swimming pool. I am not making this up. Then a hooker propositioned my 14 yr old nephew at the pool. My family had 5 rooms booked here for a wedding. We each had horrifying stories to tell, but only one of us was able to move to another hotel as it was graduation weekend and no rooms available elsewhere. My room had been booked 4 months in advance, but when I checked in, I was told there was a "glitch" in that the hotel was overbooked and they couldn't book me in for the last night. "Not to worry, it will all get straightened out." Of course, it was a nightmare to get straightened out and they were threatening to kick us out of our room our last night there several times. BUT! They did give me a nice parting gift....bed bug bites all around my ankles.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

kkaur@heritagehotelgroup.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn
Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville
BEST WESTERN PLUS Orchid Hotel & Suites
Heritage Inn Express Rocklin
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area

Been to Heritage Inn Express Roseville? Share your experiences!