“No. 1 worst place I have ever been” 1 of 5 stars

Heritage Inn Express Roseville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   204 Harding Blvd., Roseville, CA 95678   |
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Cupertino, California
“No. 1 worst place I have ever been”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

No wifi, breakfast was only banana and drinks, no tissues, no toilet paper handle, broken drawers, worn out carpet, broken refrigerator, no alarm clock, marked as non-smoking room, but still you can tell it was used to be a smoking room. The worst thing ever was, if you asked front desk for something, you got answer was they don't have it. Even a pillow! I will never go back again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
kuldeep k, Manager at Heritage Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, October 15, 2014

We are always concerned when we do not exceed our guests' expectations. Since we did not accomplish this, we would like to provide you with a 50% discount during your next stay.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again I apologize for the inconvenience during you stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
kkaur@heritagehotelgroup.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Shocker! On my list at the top of worst ever places to stay. Police driving round the car park thru the night and early evening, gangsta paradise, filthy rooms. Don't do it. The place is located in a good place and there are plenty of other hotels that looked good quality in the day light. The only good thing I can say is the waffle diner that is almost on the premises but not part of the heritage was good value and good food but this is a different establishment.

Room Tip: Go to a different place
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

If you book a price for a room with breakfast, they're lying. There's no breakfast. The free wifi is terribly unreliable and late checkout options are nil. In all, a horrible place. I am never going back.

• Stayed June 2013

Lompoc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Wow. I was horrified from the first homeless person passed out in the lobby. Then there were two more homeless people digging trough the garbage cans and washing their hair in the swimming pool. I am not making this up. Then a hooker propositioned my 14 yr old nephew at the pool. My family had 5 rooms booked here for a wedding. We each had horrifying stories to tell, but only one of us was able to move to another hotel as it was graduation weekend and no rooms available elsewhere. My room had been booked 4 months in advance, but when I checked in, I was told there was a "glitch" in that the hotel was overbooked and they couldn't book me in for the last night. "Not to worry, it will all get straightened out." Of course, it was a nightmare to get straightened out and they were threatening to kick us out of our room our last night there several times. BUT! They did give me a nice parting gift....bed bug bites all around my ankles.

Bethesda, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place is not what is advertised. Please beware! Although advertised, there was no complimentary breakfast. The dining area/kitchen isn't operational. The dining area is in disarray. Several relatives from all over the country came to Roseville for a wedding and we all had bad experiences. We left early. The hotel allows people to bring pets however owners let their dogs to defecate on the walkways and don’t clean up the mess nor did the management. The rooms are dirty, mattresses poor quality, 3 of the 4 vanity lights in the bathroom were out and the management didn't respond to replacing them. The day we left, an aggressive psychotic man blasted into the hotel lobby screaming at us. The police came later to pick him up. There are derelicts alcoholics, and prostitutes that roam the property to solicit guests. Our niece (with husband an 2 yr. old) found bed bugs in their room. And, someone attempting to enter the room awakened another nephew at 1:00 am – he was also booked in same room. Spend your money elsewhere and be safe and healthy!

California, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I strongly urge that this motel not be reserved to families!! If you are looking for a place to live or for services rendered, this would be the place. It's old & run down. We did not realize we booked a hotel that had live in residents. There was old garbage bags bellowing over on the back patios of several rooms that backed up to the pool area, also bbq & 40 oz beer bottles in one. After we checked into out room, we looked around and noticed we were above the rooms that you could see garbage, the carpet was ripped in some areas, holes in bathroom wall, but more importantly, the security lock was broken on the door & it appeared to have been broken into at some point. We did not feel safe and immediately returned our keys & walked out. Heritage Inn did not refund our money, but at least we survived!

Room Tip: Don't stay at this motel!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Heritage Express is located right off the Douglas exit from I-80. That fact, and the price, are about the only two things I can say positive about this place.

I had requested a non-smoking room but when I got to my room it smelled musty. I noticed an ash tray in the room. (An ash tray is not something you would expect to find in a non-smoking room.) But the musty odor was not like recent cigarette smoke. It was more like week-old smoke. I walked down the row of rooms and noticed that many of the room doors had non-smoking signs on the doors but mine did not. I think my room was a smoking room that had been aired out for a short while. I hate smoke.

One light bulb was burned out. The security door latch did not work. You could see that the square bolt did not align with the square hole in the metal striker plate that was screwed into the door jamb. No amount of pushing, pulling or raising the door would make the security latch go into the striker plate hole. So there was no back-up security in my room.

The room was not very clean at all. The desk was covered with a glass plate but the glass plate was sticky. If you looked at the plate at the right angle you could see water spots on the plate like someone used a sponge to wipe over it, but since the glass plate was sticky, my guess is that the sponge too was dirty with gunk.

The bed sagged and I would call it “fair” at best.

They have a continental breakfast but the staff does not maintain the provisions very well. They were out of stuff and did not seem to care about that.

It turns out this Heritage Inn takes in some long-term renters. That actually makes sense if you have been there. There were some grungy people who talked to themselves, yelled in the middle of the night, and moved their stuff around in shopping baskets. There were three shopping baskets at the stairwell the day I checked in but the next morning a guy from Dollar General was there in a pickup truck picking up his stolen cart. (The other 2 carts belonged to some other businesses.) One lady walked her dog every couple of hours and talked to herself. Pretty weird place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

kkaur@heritagehotelgroup.com

Been to Heritage Inn Express Roseville? Share your experiences!