“Horrifying!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Lompoc
“Horrifying!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Wow. I was horrified from the first homeless person passed out in the lobby. Then there were two more homeless people digging trough the garbage cans and washing their hair in the swimming pool. I am not making this up. Then a hooker propositioned my 14 yr old nephew at the pool. My family had 5 rooms booked here for a wedding. We each had horrifying stories to tell, but only one of us was able to move to another hotel as it was graduation weekend and no rooms available elsewhere. My room had been booked 4 months in advance, but when I checked in, I was told there was a "glitch" in that the hotel was overbooked and they couldn't book me in for the last night. "Not to worry, it will all get straightened out." Of course, it was a nightmare to get straightened out and they were threatening to kick us out of our room our last night there several times. BUT! They did give me a nice parting gift....bed bug bites all around my ankles.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
kuldeep k, Manager at Heritage Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, October 15, 2014

We are always concerned when we do not exceed our guests' expectations. Since we did not accomplish this, we would like to provide you with a 50% discount during your next stay.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again I apologize for the inconvenience during you stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
kkaur@heritagehotelgroup.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bethesda, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place is not what is advertised. Please beware! Although advertised, there was no complimentary breakfast. The dining area/kitchen isn't operational. The dining area is in disarray. Several relatives from all over the country came to Roseville for a wedding and we all had bad experiences. We left early. The hotel allows people to bring pets however owners let their dogs to defecate on the walkways and don’t clean up the mess nor did the management. The rooms are dirty, mattresses poor quality, 3 of the 4 vanity lights in the bathroom were out and the management didn't respond to replacing them. The day we left, an aggressive psychotic man blasted into the hotel lobby screaming at us. The police came later to pick him up. There are derelicts alcoholics, and prostitutes that roam the property to solicit guests. Our niece (with husband an 2 yr. old) found bed bugs in their room. And, someone attempting to enter the room awakened another nephew at 1:00 am – he was also booked in same room. Spend your money elsewhere and be safe and healthy!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

California, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I strongly urge that this motel not be reserved to families!! If you are looking for a place to live or for services rendered, this would be the place. It's old & run down. We did not realize we booked a hotel that had live in residents. There was old garbage bags bellowing over on the back patios of several rooms that backed up to the pool area, also bbq & 40 oz beer bottles in one. After we checked into out room, we looked around and noticed we were above the rooms that you could see garbage, the carpet was ripped in some areas, holes in bathroom wall, but more importantly, the security lock was broken on the door & it appeared to have been broken into at some point. We did not feel safe and immediately returned our keys & walked out. Heritage Inn did not refund our money, but at least we survived!

Room Tip: Don't stay at this motel!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Heritage Express is located right off the Douglas exit from I-80. That fact, and the price, are about the only two things I can say positive about this place.

I had requested a non-smoking room but when I got to my room it smelled musty. I noticed an ash tray in the room. (An ash tray is not something you would expect to find in a non-smoking room.) But the musty odor was not like recent cigarette smoke. It was more like week-old smoke. I walked down the row of rooms and noticed that many of the room doors had non-smoking signs on the doors but mine did not. I think my room was a smoking room that had been aired out for a short while. I hate smoke.

One light bulb was burned out. The security door latch did not work. You could see that the square bolt did not align with the square hole in the metal striker plate that was screwed into the door jamb. No amount of pushing, pulling or raising the door would make the security latch go into the striker plate hole. So there was no back-up security in my room.

The room was not very clean at all. The desk was covered with a glass plate but the glass plate was sticky. If you looked at the plate at the right angle you could see water spots on the plate like someone used a sponge to wipe over it, but since the glass plate was sticky, my guess is that the sponge too was dirty with gunk.

The bed sagged and I would call it “fair” at best.

They have a continental breakfast but the staff does not maintain the provisions very well. They were out of stuff and did not seem to care about that.

It turns out this Heritage Inn takes in some long-term renters. That actually makes sense if you have been there. There were some grungy people who talked to themselves, yelled in the middle of the night, and moved their stuff around in shopping baskets. There were three shopping baskets at the stairwell the day I checked in but the next morning a guy from Dollar General was there in a pickup truck picking up his stolen cart. (The other 2 carts belonged to some other businesses.) One lady walked her dog every couple of hours and talked to herself. Pretty weird place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hi I'm currently staying here at the heritage in. I paid for one week in advance and have been here for 3 days and already leaving this dump. Here's my experience of this place. After staying one night I woke up to a pile of UN used condoms out side my door. Weird right? I informed the office and they came to pick them up. They acted like it wasn't unusual.... the second night was fine. But the third night I had my 3 year old daughter staying the night with me. She like most 3 year holds started pulling open drawers that I hadn't looked into yet and by my surprise there's a dirty used needle laying in the bottom of the drawer. Thank God I saw it before she touched it. Not knowing if it was used for drugs or not I felt unsafe to stay in the room with my 3 year old and immediately went to tell the office lady. I informed her of the dirty needle and asked if her or someone can remove it. She informed me that there was nothing she could do till the morning. I then stated that I would stay else where that night and left. The next morning I called to speak to the manager. To confirm they had removed it. I asked if she would give me my money back for the night I wasn't able to stay there due to the situation. She told me no. And it was because the lady I origionally informed about the needle claims she offered to switch me rooms. This is NOT true! I would have taken the change of room offer and would have no reason to contact the manager the next day if this accusation was true. I asked for corporate number she refused to give it to me. I asked if I could get out of their today and get the remainder of the money I payed for the remainder of the week... she at first said no. But then told me I could get it back but would be charged a different rate and would give me an hour to get there grab my stuff and return my keys. This is the worst service I have ever seen. Clearly they only far about money not their residents. Its clear that the hotel maids don't ever thouroghly clean the rooms properly. I'm reporting this place to the better business burrow and will find corporates number to make my point. Do NOT go here!

• Stayed January 2013

Pismo Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Dirty, gross, and a magnet for derelicts pretty much sums this hotel up. Made the mistake of staying here after reading their great website and found they accept pets. The difference between the website and the reality of the condition of the property is pretty stark. Heavily stained floors, a storage room that kept getting broken into, TV with only 3 or channels that worked, oh, and lots of trash in the parking lot.

This was probably THE place to stay back in the '60s, but the owners haven't kept up with basic maintenance. Wouldn't be surpised if some customers were able to rent a room by the hour, if you know what I mean. Next time travelling with pets it's the La Quinta for me.

If you do stay here be sure and eat at the waffle restaurant next door. Good food and prices. Sorry, just can't remember the name of it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Los Altos, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at - the room smelled of must, walked into the bathroom and it was obvious it was just used, had a maintenance guy just use his keys to enter the room when my daughter and I were resting on the bed, he apoligized, but he was not there to fix anything - might explain the recent use of the bathroom. Holes punched into the back of the bathroom doors, cloged sink, can hear everything through the walls, and your neighbors less than desireable. My soccer team booked at last minute without any research, big mistake. I only recommend if you are homeless and need a shower.

Room Tip: Not possible at this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

kkaur@heritagehotelgroup.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseville
BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn
Extended Stay America - Sacramento - Roseville
Hampton Inn and Suites Roseville
BEST WESTERN PLUS Orchid Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Roseville-Galleria Area

Been to Heritage Inn Express Roseville? Share your experiences!