“Perfectly fine stay” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   204 Harding Blvd., Roseville, CA 95678   |
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
“Perfectly fine stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have stayed at the heritage inn many years ago and then just recently. I've never had an issue with this hotel. Everything was clean and just fine. It's not the nicest hotel at all but it's clean and cheap. If I came back to Roseville for a visit I would stay here. It's the cheapest around and the room was fine. The tv had good channels too!

• Stayed August 2012
kuldeep k, General Manager at Heritage Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, December 28, 2014
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Again , I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly (916) 782-4466

Sincerely
Kuldeep Kaur
Heritage inn express
Roseville
kkaur@heritagehotelgroup.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were "greeted" by an unkempt woman in shorts on arrival. The room was supposed to be non-smoking, and reeked of cigarette smoke. On arrival, it was hot in the room, no ventilation/air conditioning had been started.

The telephone didn't have a cord from the base to the receiver, and I had to walk down to the main office to report the smell in the room. The woman at the counter declared she had no other rooms available, despite the fact that the parking was mostly empty. Admittedly helpfully, in an attempt to fix the telephone, she called some guy who, instead of fixing it himself, handed me the cable when I opened the door. It was the wrong cable, but the guy was gone before I could say "timbuktoo".

There were shirtless tattooed homeless-like people wandering outside the rooms, smoking. The bathroom had no functioning exhaust... I could go on and on. Just stay away.

Room Tip: Good luck!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Livermore, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

First night room did not have hot water, I found this out late at night, reported it first thing in the morning, the wardrobe doors were out of line, hinges loose, drawers sticky. Did not attend to these before we left. Tub missing drain plug, sink drain plug would not work, ironing board missing. The only thing fixed was the hot water. Pool was avaible and conference rooms for meetings, did not use either of these

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

No do not disturb signs! Bed was weird it sunk in in the middle! Toilet had a leak! N our wannabe hot tub didnt work! ive stayed at cheaper places with way better rooms! cleaning crew were nice! N the clerks were very helpful! soo rooms not that great! Service is ok n location is good!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

In early May I made a reservation through hotels.com for 3 nights in the Roseville Heritage Inn. When we arrived they had no rooms available! They had not put the reservation into their computer! As it was Memorial Day weekend and the fact that there were several softball and soccer tournaments going on most lodgings were fully booked. The manager finally found us a room at another Heritage Inn where she promised a no smoking room with two queen beds (our reservation had been for a king sized bed). When we arrived at the Rocklin Heritage Inn we were given a handicapped room with only one queen sized bed. We were assured this was the only room available. So not only did the Roseville Heritage Inn fail to register our prepaid reservation they mislead us about the accommodation in Rocklin!

Room Tip: Don't even consider the Heritage Inn Express in Roseville! The staff is incompetent and the sit...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

RE: Hula Event - April 25-29, 2012

Dear Ron,

After another disappointing event at the Heritage Inn Express, I regret to inform you that we will no longer be utilizing this property for our semi-annual hula events, and I do not anticipate recommending this or any Heritage Hotel Group property to my students, clients or other patrons.

The continual complaint of the various property managers, regarding the lack of funds allotted to the hotel group properties for the past few years, has not gone unnoticed by my staff and myself, and the results of this abysmal care of the property has led to the decision to no longer patronize your businesses.

This decision has been a difficult one to make as I have been a patron of your properties since September 8, 1998, and have consistently stayed at this particular property on a weekly to monthly basis since that time. I was holding out hope that things would eventually get better, but after three disastrous events at the Heritage Inn Express property - two as the organizer and one as a guest, I am losing faith that things will change anytime soon and I cannot risk the survival of my business on the cooperation and service of yours.

For this past April 25-29 event, in addition to what has now become normal issues with the entry keys that cannot keep a charge, wireless internet that cannot stay on, slow plumbing, broken doors, cigarette butts everywhere, police a constant presence in the parking lot during the day, prostitutes and intoxicated patrons harassing my guests as they walk to their rooms at night, security locks that have been ripped off the doors/walls and inoperable heating/air conditioning units, it was necessary for me to:

(1) clean my own room - that the manager assured me was "deep cleaned" (trash was found under the chairs, under the lip of the bed, in the drawers and around the base of the night-stand) before occupancy. It was also necessary for me to clean my tub as I found red, green & black mold, fuzz and fur trapped in the bathtub fixtures.

(2) When I checked the rooms for my VIPS, it was also necessary for me to clean their room before occupancy. To make matters worse, after I cleaned one of the rooms that was on hold for a late-coming instructor (who is internationally known and the recipient of 6 GRAMMY awards), the room was released and subsequently rented by the manager. When the instructor arrived, the only "clean" room available was one that had an inoperable bathroom fan/light, a toilet that was not secure and rocked, and I needed to clean and scrub the toilet and tub before he could occupy the room.

In addition, my Board of Directors members found bedbugs in their beds! They Googled this to be sure. When it was found, the housekeeping staff had already left for the day and the front desk asked them to wait until morning. My board members told the front desk that they just needed the sheets and would change them themselves. After changing the sheets, they found 2 large bedbugs on one bed and one large bloody one on the other. They also had several bites on their necks, faces and arms and there were no "clean" rooms available for them to change to.

(3) When checking into the Governor's meeting room, I was assured that the room was clean. My assistant's children found tacks and garbage scattered about the room, and when she borrowed a vacuum cleaner from the housekeeping staff, emptied more than 3 hard-packed lint buckets of dirt from the floor of the meeting room. There was so much candy and gum imbedded into the carpet, ice cubes and knives were unable to remove all the residue; and despite the cleaning, participants had black and dirty feet after walking on the supposedly clean carpet without shoes.

(4) When checking into the President's meeting room, we again cleaned the floor, vacuuming up more than 5 hard-packed lint/dirt buckets and found chunks of ground in candy, gum and food remnants melded into the carpet. We had asked for the thermostat to be turned down as we had large quantities of fresh flowers decorating the room (sterling silver roses and lily of the valley). The room was set up and ready by 1:00 am. When my staff entered the room at 6:30am, the thermostat was turned up to 90 degrees, 75% of the roses and 95% of the lily of the valley were dead or wilted and had to be removed before the guests arrived. The air conditioner, that I was assured had been fixed from the last time, never worked the entire workshop.

In addition, I was charged an additional day because I requested a late check-out for one of my instructor rooms that was after "normal" check out time. Further, I was not provided with check out receipts for the meeting rooms or the VIP and Board of Director rooms. It is anyone's guess if we will be charged correctly.

For the most part, I will say that the front desk staff and Jose did their best to hold it together. In addition, Frosty and Juan gave exemplary service. Even helping out with our irate guests well after their normal working hours. They went far and beyond their normal duties and I am very grateful for their assistance. Unfortunately, they could not adjust my bill because the manager had the prices set in a way that could not be over-ridden; and since this is our last visit at your hotel, I doubt that any adjustments will happen; however, I find great offense in paying for things that should have been reasonably expected in the cost of a room. The fact that I had to not only pay for the rooms, but I had to also clean the rooms in order for the rooms to be acceptable - both meeting and sleeping rooms - finds me highly offended. I also disagree with charging an extra day for a room that I asked for a late check-out given the state of the near UN-occupy-able room.

In addition, all of this happened following a similarly disastrous event in October where my bed fell apart, my son's bathroom fixtures came lose and fell on him, and my last class was interrupted because the room had been double-booked. More than half the participants left early and demanded refunds!

Further, when the Kumu Hula 'Uniki class was there in January, I found bloody tampons in the closet and I again had to clean my toilet and tub ----- and I was a guest there to meet with my teacher and in no way associated with the program!

I have done my best to hope and pray for improvements and have left each time more angry and frustrated than the last. I will be taking my events business to the Embassy Suites - Downtown Sacramento, and should the need arise for me to spend the night in Roseville, I will be taking my clients and my business elsewhere.

Suzi Ko
Executive Director
Holistic Honu Wellness Center

Room Tip: DO NOT stay here!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Zephyr Cove
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Reserved room online prior to trip. Too tired when arrived to go to another hotel.
Problems:
1) Odor in bathroom from sink, which did not drain.
2) Holes in walls in bathroom. Furniture worn and beat up.
3) No hair dryer or iron as advertised. No remote for TV. Lights continually flickered. Wires were spliced.
Front desk attendant said they did not have another room, nor a TV remote, iron, or hair dryer.
4) Noise and commotion from other "guests." Twice woken up by people arguing.
Did not take a shower in the morning as the plumbing did not work properly,
Upon check-out, discussed all the lack of amenities with the front desk person. She made notes and said it would be passed on to the manager and he would contact me. It has been a week, and there has not been any contact.
Left 3 hours earlier than anticipated for a business meeting. I could not wait to get out of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Heritage Inn Express Roseville? Share your experiences!