“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Santa Rosa, California
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I have stayed here several times in the past few years and each time is pleasant. The rooms are a good size, clean, well stocked with linens, and the staff is friendly and courteous. There are some wonderful places nearby for inexpensive meals as well as some pricier restaurants. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
kuldeep k, Manager at Heritage Inn Express Roseville, responded to this review, 1 week ago

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do every thing possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at (916) 782-4466

Sincerely
Kuldeep Kaur
Heritage Inn Express
Roseville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Carson, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

walked into lobby to check in (about 8pm) receptionist was on a couch in the lobby "hugged up" with her boyfriend so first impression was "this place is GHETTO". room was old, only one of the two beds was made. The pump on the jacuzzi bathtub was so loud it drowned out the volume on the TV. Shady people hangin all over the parking lot was kinda worried about my car. My fathers room on the other side of ours, the beds were not made, bathroom either no toilet paper, a/c did not work and the room was hot and stuffy w/ no air. He got his money back and moved to the Best Western down the street. The free wifi didnt work weak signal. This place sucked!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Fargo, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

This was not a business trip in the normal sense. I was in Roseville to attend my mother's funeral. She died in January but because it was easier for family to come later, we scheduled her service for March 7, 2011. This gave me plenty of time to look for a hotel that would accommodate my husband and me, our two adult sons and other family members and friends. Originally, I'd planned to book down the street at a Best Western but because we thought we might need a place for the reception after, it was recommended I use their sister property because the original's meeting room was upstairs and the hotel did not feature an elevator. I began this process in early February and thought everything would be fine. We did cancel our meeting room in plenty of time as we had that covered by a local relative. Wish we'd canceled the entire hotel!

We had a late arrival and when we got to our room around 1:30 AM, the lights did not work. I stumbled to the side of the bed where I tried turning on the lamp. No light. Tried the other and a floor lamp with the same results. Guess what? NO LIGHTBULBS! So I picked up the phone, intending to let the desk know so they would tell the housekeeper to bring a few with her in the morning. Guess what? THE PHONE DIDN"T WORK! I went to the office, more than a little put out because it had been an emotional travel day and I was tired. There's no excuse for being snarky which I was but I was surprised to get a snarky litany of "It's not my problem. I can't do anything about it. They lock up the lightbulbs and I don't have a key" attitude back at me. I "resolved" my problem with no lightbulbs by taking the one in the lamp in their reception area which the desk person agreed I could do. Back to the room...

It was not very clean, the tub was a 'sunken' bath which was difficult for me to get in and out of as I'd recently had knee surgery. The management didn't know this but had I seen a photo of the bathtub, I'm sure I would have asked if that was their normal bathroom, having had my surgery in November. The bed was not comfortable; it sagged in the middle. My husband and I are not overweight people so that wasn't the reason. The bedspread was not clean. The room was cold and we couldn't get the heat to work. Actually, in all fairness, we were too tired by the time we got to bed to monkey with it!

There was a fridge in the room which I placed my prescription med in; in the morning it was FROZEN! It's unusable once it freezes, even after thawing. This was the last straw! I took it down to the office and showed it to the desk person, thankfully, not the same woman as the one I'd met earlier. She was very pleasant and assured me the manager would reimburse me for the cost if I'd just mail it back. I live 1500 miles away and it wasn't easy to replace the medication. I would have settled for them just reimbursing us the night's stay but that was not allowed.

We were so disgusted with the experience, we checked out immediately and went hotel shopping after a delicious breakfast in a local restaurant; the hotel's complimentary breakfast appeared to have been a tray of donuts (they were gone by 8 AM).

I contacted the manager by email, having waited until we returned home on March 10, thinking perhaps she'd written me to apologize or at least to get some more information. I have never heard back from her. I'm not bothering to send the prescription bill because I truly do not believe she would take care of it. She also manages the Heritage Inn in Rocklin, CA which is not very far from the Roseville property.

I sincerely hope she's related to the owners because she couldn't possibly hold on to her management position in another hotel if she treats all of her guests the way we were treated. The experience made an already emotional experience one worse. I just wish I could rate this hotel a zero. They do not deserve any business and I'd certainly never recommend them to anyone.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Thousand Oaks, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

I have never written an online review before, but I have to warn people about this place! 1.Noise: it is right on the freeway (we were on the other side & instead had branches from a large pine tree constantly smashing on our roof in the wind!) Also the fans & heater were very noisy & rattled. 2.Misrepresentation about smoking rooms: When we checked in, the clerk assured us our room was "Non-smoking " (needed as I have bad allergies.) Our room smelled strongly of ashtrays, and we requested another room, The only other one had an overpowering smell of animal urine. We had already paid in advance online (with "no cancellation refund") & thought maybe only 1 or 2 people had smoked in there & the smell might go away. So we decided to tough it out in the ashtray room & bought air fresheners to mask the smells...it didn't work. That night I couldn't get to sleep because the sheets & bed covers smelled very strongly of ashtrays and was making me sick to my stomach! We tried to get the bedding changed, but the night clerk admitted that we were in a "Smoking room." and she couldn't accommodate us with new bedding or new rooms, as "all non-smoking rooms were full." We had to get out of there...I was very sick & upset. Next we had to fight the online company for a full refund. 3.The furniture was old and worn, and the jacuzzi in the "upgraded" room we booked was stained, and patched up with large areas of epoxy. The only positives we found...the price was reasonable & the 2 clerks had friendly attitudes. At 2am we finally moved to the Best Western up the street...what a contrast...clean & comfortable! (Now we just have to deal with cleaning the smell out of our stuff, and recovering from the congestion/cough I now have caused by the allergies to being in the smoking room!)

(NOTE to self...ALWAYS check reviews BEFORE parting with money!!)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

We spent one night here on our way to snowboarding. The price was low so we expected a dive of a motel. It wasn't that bad though. Our two rooms were HUGE and both had very large bathrooms. It seems like this place could really have a good thing going if they just paid more attention to small details that are important to travelers. Our rooms seemed clean except for a nice old chair that had worn and slightly soiled upholstery. Something like an old chair would add character to this type of room but upholstery needs to be nice (and clean). In closing, if you are on a lower budget, this is better than a Motel 6 and should work out for you.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Castro Valley, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

We had to travel to Roseville for a funeral. The cost was good and it had a pool for the teens in our family. The kids put on their suits and when down to the pool only to find the water dirty and condoms floating on top. Needless to say they did not get in the water. Also the mini fridge and microwave did not work. The free breakfast is juice and cold cereal.
The price was good, do not count on the amentities.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Roy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

We asked for a 1st floor room due to a handicap and we did get one. However, the TV and the telephone did not work. After going back and forth to the office a couple of times (nobody would come to the room to help) we were given an alternate room, which was also on the 1st floor. The TV remote in the second room didn't work until after I was walked through how to program it (over the phone). Also, I had to go back to the office daily in order to get our room key cards reprogrammed. We would leave in the morning and, by the time we came back in the evening, the key cards would be inactive. One of the reasons we booked at this hotel was because they had a pool and a spa/hot tub. The hot tub was closed. We were told that it was under repair but there was water in the hot tub and no work appeared to be going on in or around it. The sign for the spa had the word "closed" written on it in black permanent marker.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Heritage Inn Express Roseville? Share your experiences!