“very nice king suite” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
“very nice king suite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

I stayed last night at this Best Western because I found out that it was a PET FRIENDLY hotel in the area. That is the most important qualification, since I travel with my cat, Jake, The room is very nice, spacious non smoking king suite with microwave, frig, coffe, etc. And then there was a bonus, the jet tub, which after packing and cleaning all day, then driving to my next destination was a welcome surprise. It was awesome to unwind in the tub, however, due to the proximity of the other suites with the similar tubs, the noise from them was something less than desirable.which is unfortunate because this would have otherwise been the perfect place to stay. The plumbing is so loud though, Jake and I both jumped in our sleep. Too bad.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Monterey, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

Easy to find, clean, great staff, pet friendly, reasonable price

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
reno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

everything is very clean apperance of the hotel is graet if there is a problem the staff takes care of it now easy to find from freeway plenty of parking with tractor trailer parking for the truckers breakfast in the morning someone is on duty in the lobby 24/7

stay here on your next trip in the sacramento area

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Chico, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

The most significant factor this hotel has to offer is its staff. I have not met a friendlier, more efficient staff in all my travels, from the front desk, to the reservation line, to the service personnel, to the management staff. They are more than willing to accommodate any reasonable request you may have, quickly and efficiently and go the extra mile to ensure your experience is wonderful.

In addition to a superb staff, the facilities are excellent. The beds are comfortable, the environmental controls work very well, (I like my room cold and this is one of the few hotels that gets the room cold enough quickly.) and the wireless internet gives me good speed for a hotel. The continental breakfast is a great way to start the day and the coffee is always on.

I will not stay anywhere else when traveling to the Sacramento area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
travelku
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

We seem to stay here every time we are in Roseville. We go for Denio's market and usually do at least two nights at the Best Western. It is close to everything and the beds are really comfy. The guest laundry is nice for catching up on our wash on our road trips. The staff is helpful and they do offer a continental type breakfast though it's nothing special.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Fair Oaks
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

First of all, I would like to explain that I frequent Best Westerns all the time for business. I typically stay at Best Westerns or Comfort Inns 9-10 months out of the year, Monday though Fridays. Most Best Westerns could be rated BETWEEN a Holiday Inn and a Courtyard By Marriott. Maybe closer to a Holiday Inn. Certainly a three star. This one was worse than a Super 8, and would be a two star. This one-nighter was a personal weekend get-away. When we first walked into the room, the room seemed to be in order, although smaller than most Best Westerns. No couch or easy chair. But before we went to bed, we noticed that the soles of our feet were black! This is because we had taken off our shoes and socks, and the carpet had a blackish grime or soot on it. It was so surprising that I got a white washcloth and swiped it on the floor to verify it and....sure enough...it turned brownish black! It was not readily noticible unless you swiped somthing on it like your skin or white cloth. Also, this is the ONLY Best Western that I've been to where the shampoo and lotion was not stocked in the room. I called the front desk and had those two items delivered. In the morning, I walked by two of the maid's carts to see if the shampoo and lotion was on the carts. I did this because I was curious as to if the maid had accidently forgot to stock the rooms or not. Sure enough, neither cart had those items onboard. So now we know: This is the only Best Western around that makes you ask for such necessities. Usually, only the cheaper motels don't stock them... but a Best Western usually does. There were no fitted bottom sheets! They only have "top" sheets for both the bottom and top. I even asked the housekeeping to bring me one, but the man said that the motel doesn't use them and doesn't have any. He gave us two more top sheets and a second mattress pad. We put the two sheets on the floor to keep our feet clean. We put the new mattress pad on top of the old mattress pad (ourselves) so that it would seem more sanitary in case the bottom sheet came off in the middle of the night, which of course it did. In the morning, when telling the front desk clerk about the blackish carpet, she said that "Yes, I never take off my shoes when I'm spending the night. It is pretty gross." I think you'd get a better value for the money at a Motel 6 because at least it would be clean. If I had known the condition of the room, I would have paid my own money to go somewhere cleaner, even though I had free hotel nights accumulated at Best Western. This is also the very first time I have stayed at a Best Western and that Best Western did NOT email me an after-visit customer-satisfaction survey questionaire. Could it be that the local management did not want Corporate to receive an unfavorable review, and thus did not forward my email address? For this reason, I'm submitting this entry to Trip Advisor.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Bonanza, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

Nice lobby and decent breakfast. Room just an average mid-rate motel room. Coffeemake did not work, but they replaced it the next day. The 2nd afternoon we came back to a clean room, but NO towels. Called and they said the washer broke and they had to wash sheets first, and would bring towels later. Would have been nice to at least have a hand towel to use after washing your hands!
They had an outdoor pool, but it was closed for some reason, even though it was 80 degrees out.
It was cheap, $136 for 2 nights including taxes, but probably would not stay here again.
The Thunder Valley casino is only 6 miles away, but a $25 cab ride each way. Casino was PACKED on a Saturday night.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends