“Dirty and run down” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 18 hotels in Roseville
Richmond, United States
“Dirty and run down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The room was dirty (Cheetos chips on floor between bed and nightstand, sticky area on floor nearby carpet borderline, top drawer of center nightstand had receipts and trash from previous guests and when we were leaving we looked under bed in case we dropped anything and found it very dirty pretzels etc..) the bathroom had a 96% used roll of toilet paper and no extra replacement rolls. Swimming pool was a nice warm temperature but water was very cloudy. When I asked for late checkout, the desk was going to allow me only 15 mins but I asked for 30. the desk clerk kind of gave me an attitude about it. I feel I shouldn't have to beg for some extra time to vacate. I have a family of 4 (2 small kids) which is not easy to up and leave quickly. Scrambled eggs were cold, and there was only 1 waffle maker so the wait took awhile and people were lined up. I always heard Best Western was a very nice place to stay.. now I am not quite sure.. female front desk clerk had an attitude and was not very professional or "caring" but after my husband and I complained, she did give us $9 off of our bill (which was better than nothing) so I did appreciate that even though I felt a manager should have been there and offered me more of a refund. I spent almost $100 for a room.. a room at that price should have been better.

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Victorville, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

If you have a reservation here, change it immediately! The front desk clerk working the afternoon shift was very pleasant and sweet as she could be. The faucet in the room had some black crap on it both days that could have easily been removed with (I don't know) a cleanser! My husband and I were in the same room but were only given one washcloth. I asked a member of the housekeeping staff, who was outside my door, for an additional washcloth, but was told I needed to call the front desk for that. Three hours later, I had to go to the front desk and get one. The continental breakfast was...well. People were hacking away at the waffle iron trying to retrieve their waffles because there was no non-stick spray available. When we asked about the spray the first morning, we were told, "We must have run out. We will have some more in the morning." Not the case. There was none the next day as well. Big Lots is next door people! The carpet in the room could use a good shampoo or, better yet, replacing. I must say that the next time I read a trip adviser rating, I will be sure to take that information into account when making my lodging plans.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
fort jones, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The first room we were in the tub would not drain. I was asked if I really needed to use the shower for the remainder of my stay. i had to ask if there were any other rooms available, if I could be switched. It was not offered to me. I was told that their were no other room available except smoking rooms. I was finally offered a comparable non-smoking room. Room #2 plug would not stay up and I had to wedge the free tub of shampoo under it in order to have the tub draining while I showered.

Denver, CO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

When we checked in the room wasn't clean. Old food was left out, no towels, open used bars of soap on the sick and in the shower and generally unkept. Lots of random people roaming the parking lot at night which didn't feel safe. There was even cops present a couple of nights. Our key card stopped working halfway through our stay and the road noise was pretty loud.

Not worth the money or headaches. Stay somewhere else!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Roseburg, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The rooms were pretty clean though they had a slight underlying odor, most likely from being smoking rooms in the distant past. The rooms had flat screens tvs, refrigerators, and a microwave which all "kinda" worked. (Translation-microwave timer did not work, freezer in fridge did not work, some of the tv remote buttons no longer worked). The rooms themselves could really use a remodel as carpet was frayed and the fixtures needed help. The beds were actually quite comfortable though and the air conditioner worked great...thank god as it was 100 degrees outside when we stayed.

The pool was decent sized but it appeared the filter was not working as their was no movement of the water at all. The water in the pool was almost warm but considering the 100 degree heat felt somewhat refreshing. On the day we left it looked like they might have been working on the pool so perhaps that will be better for the next guests. Many pieces of the poolside furniture had broken straps and was showing its age. Only one of the tables had an umbrella offering any shade as comfort from the blistering sun.

The complimentary breakfast was pretty decent as there was a good selection of the usual pastries, muffins, cereal, microwavable breakfast muffins/burritos, waffles, and yogurt. There was also a selection of milk, coffee, and tasty juices.

On the plus side the staff was very pleasant and helpful. The location was also decent with quick access to some good food and shopping.

Not a bad place to stay but one that is likely not going to impress either.

Sonoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After a long drive, it was nice to pull into to stay at Best Western Inn and trust that it would be a comfortable and safe place to stay. It was quiet and welcoming. I would recommend the Inn as a place to stay.

dayton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

service was the best i have ever had at a hotel the ladies at the counter was extremely helpful and went out of their way to help me with any problems I had and informed me of the points rewords card that would save me money on my stays with best western and get me free night stays

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn? Share your experiences!