“Not what I expected” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Hope Mills, United States
“Not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The hotel is very run down and outdated. I was unable to use the hair dryer because it would cut out after 20 seconds of use and then SOMETIMES cut back on after waiting for 5 minutes. There was no remote in our room and the room was VERY hot when we got there. When we finally got a remote, there were only 15 channels to watch. The towels were very rough and we only got 2 "big" towels. There was no extra toilet paper either. The staff was at least very nice and helpful. The hotel is in a good location to get around and get on the freeway. I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Carson City, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel from Best Western was simply filthy and the worst Best Western I ever stayed in. I will never go back there again. The room was filthy and had stains on carpet and bedding, as well as holes in bedding. For this to be a Best Western Plus I give this hotel 1 unless I can give it a 0. Continental breakfast was horrible cold eggs and sausage, no creamer or sugar for coffee, stale danishes. I was very dissatisfied with this hotel as I always stay in Best Westerns. Furthermore, checked in late as was on the road driving and seen this Best Western and the front desk host was rude and seemed uninterested as he was looking at a magazine and paid no attention as I checked in. Don't stay here. Pool dirty. Can't say anything positive except hotel looks nice on outside and where you check in but once you get to your room it is something different.

Magalia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I always use this hotel, whether for business or pleasure. The beds are comfortable, as a single woman I feel comfortable and safe here and enjoy the staff and what the hotel has to offer. I have brought friends here and they were so impressed with the rate they got and loved the comfort of the bed and the array of breakfast items.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Truckee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Your trip and stay at this Best Western can make you feel like your with people that care to give you every help and assistance that you would want to make your travels most enjoyable. The human element that comes with this Best Western, from the time you arrive until the time you depart is worthy of FIVE STARS. Thank you Staff at this Best Western.

Room Tip: The suites are a good value for a small amount of difference.
Rancho Cucamonga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The hotel itself is your average motel setting, clean rooms, ok beds, small pool but the staff was amazing specifically Kim at the front desk!!! Hotwire royally screwed up our reservation and refused to fix the problem, they even went so far as to imply it was my fault for the mix up, but Kim understood our problem and went out of the way to make sure our stay was enjoyable and I was so appreciative of that.

Kim is the epitome of guest services and guest recovery. She went above and beyond what her job functions are and we were so thankful for that. Thank you so much Kim!!!!!

Durham, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I checked into the hotel with my seven year old son. He had a soccer tournament and had been playing all day in the heat. Unfortunately, he became ill that night and we needed to ask for new linens for the bed. The young woman at the front desk said she could not provide any new linens and didn't have the key to the linen closet. She couldn't reach the manager, she said. The staff would not help and gave us a very hard time about the fact that a seven year old was feeling poorly. Finally, after much debate, I was able to get access to another room very far across the complex and I went myself to strip the linens from the bed to change the bed in our room. There were teenagers playing around in the parking lot late in the evening, and the water pressure was so bad in the sink that my son couldn't get enough water to wash out his mouth. Overall, we were extremely disappointed. Until they get their act together, avoid this hotel.

Roseville, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We had a huge problem with hotwire screwing up our reservation (will never use hotwire again). Kim at the front desk was super helpful and understanding. When we found out that hotwire had reserved use a smoking room and Best Western had no non smoking rooms left we were pissed. My wife got on the phone with hotwire to find us a new hotel but they were rude and refused to work with use to find a reasonable resolution, hot wire is the worst! Then KIM CAME TO THE RESCUE! Within about 30 min Kim told use to hurry up and pack our bags because we were switching rooms. Somehow even though they were sold out Kim was able to snag us a non smoking room. Kim has magic room finding powers.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking because the smoking rooms are super smokey smelling and I was a smoker for 15 ye...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn? Share your experiences!