“Stranded in Roseville” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 18 hotels in Roseville
Reno, United States
“Stranded in Roseville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We were stranded over night in Roseville and needed to find a place to stay. The tow company recommended the Best Western and we were completely satisfied. The staff especially made it worth while and comfortable.

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Excellent place to stay at. The rooms are clean. I have never had any problems. The beds are comfortable. And the staff are great. Such as Marisa and Kim they are extremely nice. they go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This was my second time staying at Best Western Roseville Inn and it was as enjoyable as the first. It's in a great location. Close to the freeway, shopping and several restaurants. I would recommend it to anyone.

Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

The continental breakfast was wonderful!! Haven't had that much to choose from in a long time. The staff were very friendly. The room was clean but low-budget. Ok for one night but not any longer than that. Over-priced.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Marissa R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear blondie12623,
I sincerely appreciate the fact that you took the time to leave us your review. All of our guest comments are very important to us and we always use them to further improve our guest’s experience. I understand you really liked our breakfast, and I completely agree we do have many options from our hot waffles to our fresh fruit and coffee. I will be letting our staff know they did their job well by providing friendly service and that their customer services skills really showed. I also thank you for letting me know about housekeeping service and that your room was very clean. I am very sorry that you felt the room was overpriced, we do have the most competitive pricing in town based on our service and amenities, but again I apologize you felt this way. I hope you might give us another chance in the future, and if you do please feel free to ask about our special offers we always have discounts in place.
Best Regards,
seattle, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

you get what you pay for, so don't stay here.. Beds are uncomfortable and they cater to extended stay workers that are noisy. The pool area was dirty and the pool was unheated. This is the oldest Best Western in Roseville. The only good thing is you can walk to some restaurants

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marissa R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Kathleen,

We are very thankful for your review, even though I do understand we did not meet your expectations. I would like to take this time to apologize for this unpleasant stay. I do understand how lack of rest must have been very uncomfortable. I agree that we did have many Railroad workers staying with us during the time of your stay, and let me assure you they never have been the cause of an unpleasant stay. They have stayed with us for many years and are a part of the Roseville community, we are very proud of being able to provide service to them as well as all of our other guest. I can absolutely understand how noisy it can get however when we have full occupancy and for that I hope you can accept my apologies. We have recently changed our bedding including mattresses and the pillows we have are approved, but I do apologize if it was not up to your standards, we can always look into getting more than one brand so that we may have more options for our guest but I am sorry that we did not meet those standards while you were with us. The pool has been closed since there have been many rainy days and unfortunately it is an exterior pool that is not heated which is why we keep it closed during cold days because it is uncomfortably cold. I know this stay was not at all what you expected, and again I apologize sincerely it is my hope the full night refund might help us redeem ourselves and hopefully you may give us another chance to provide excellent customer service.
Sparks, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My stay was nice, felt safe, and my room was clean. I was so comfortable that I slept in and missed breakfast. Everything was working. Loved the added amenity - small bottle of mouth wash! Don't usually find that except in more expensive hotels. I will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Daisy,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! It is so nice to hear that your stay with us was very nice and also that you felt safe. We are just delighted that everything was up to your expectations from cleanliness to the extra amenities we provide such as our mouthwash, I can’t tell you how important your comments are since they let us know what our guest like and what we can improve on. I thank you for your loyalty and we can’t wait to see you again!

Lexington, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stay elsewhere until they get it together.

*****************
Safety issues (and yes, I've contacted the BW main office as well as initially taking it to hotel management....:
*****************
the bedframe collapsed under normal usage...when getting ready to lay down for a nap. When maintenance (Carlos) came to fix it--quickly, and friendly-- when he took the bed apart, realized it'd been broken/propped/fixed/rigged...he replaced the frame...

a wire spliced (work done by a 10 year old?!) it was to the light to the right of the bed. unsafely spliced (and was unplugged, thank good ness..._Carlos to the rescue on that too! Spliced it CORRECTLY and we had light!

flourescent lights flickering/about to go out

telephone NOT working (needed to be replaced along with the wire) Carlos again...saves the day

(all of these things are BASIC safety issues that were NOT met) immediately complained to front desk and was switched rooms...

second room had the non-functioning phone...

___________________

now, housekeeping was annoying and began knocking, relentlessly at 10am...until you said something to them...not so nice for an intimate moment...or even if you're sleeping...then they hijacked towels at 10 am...only to bring them back STILL DAMP at 4pm on a saturday!

wifi was non existant in 245. Didn't matter what was done.

there was a shortage of TP...very weird...we had to go fetch TP ourselves...

one room was nice, refurbished, big tv etc...the other room was crappy.
Motel 6 looks like a palace in comparison with this room...old tv, old broken furniture...and this was supposed to be (paid for) a king suite? HAHA who? the king of "weaintgotnothin' land?"

initial room had a random stain (blood?) on the floor....and, the sheets weren't clean.

first room was missing the microwave platter

There is a "spa" listed on the map in the room, but it's listed as "employees only"

***************

the good:

Carlos the maintenance man. He was working miracles with this dump! He fixed everything quickly, well and in a friendly manner.

Breakfast: good vaiety. eggs, waffles, breakfast sandwiches/burritos (microwaveable) cereal, fruit, toast/breads/pastries...yogurt...something for everyone, and for a family a very nice/complete breakfast.

The pool looked inviting, but alas, wasn't quite warm enough weather to swim. noe was patio furniture set out.

The decor (in our non 1970's room) was tasteful.

*********************

Room Tip: refuse to stay in 245 or 264. 245 is the one with safety issues, 264 hasn't been ugraded for dec...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Marissa R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Dawn,
Thank you for this review about your recent stay at our property, I know you had told us you were hesitant to give us a review, so again thank you. I understand this stay was not at all what you expected and I am very sorry you experienced this at our hotel. I am glad Carlos was able to fix some of the issues you encountered. I have personally looked into these issues with the corresponding departments to try and prevent this from further happening. I can imagine how unpleasant this all was and I also apologize for not having upgraded both rooms and not just one, it is based on availability and we were sold out the day of arrival. I understand you received a $25 voucher from BW customer service and I know this stay did not meet your standards, but hopefully with the voucher you can give another Best Western a chance to provide you with excellent service.

Roseville, CA 95678

Been to BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn? Share your experiences!