“Great Hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 18 hotels in Roseville
Sparks, Nevada
“Great Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My stay was nice, felt safe, and my room was clean. I was so comfortable that I slept in and missed breakfast. Everything was working. Loved the added amenity - small bottle of mouth wash! Don't usually find that except in more expensive hotels. I will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marissa R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Daisy,
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! It is so nice to hear that your stay with us was very nice and also that you felt safe. We are just delighted that everything was up to your expectations from cleanliness to the extra amenities we provide such as our mouthwash, I can’t tell you how important your comments are since they let us know what our guest like and what we can improve on. I thank you for your loyalty and we can’t wait to see you again!

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lexington, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stay elsewhere until they get it together.

*****************
Safety issues (and yes, I've contacted the BW main office as well as initially taking it to hotel management....:
*****************
the bedframe collapsed under normal usage...when getting ready to lay down for a nap. When maintenance (Carlos) came to fix it--quickly, and friendly-- when he took the bed apart, realized it'd been broken/propped/fixed/rigged...he replaced the frame...

a wire spliced (work done by a 10 year old?!) it was to the light to the right of the bed. unsafely spliced (and was unplugged, thank good ness..._Carlos to the rescue on that too! Spliced it CORRECTLY and we had light!

flourescent lights flickering/about to go out

telephone NOT working (needed to be replaced along with the wire) Carlos again...saves the day

(all of these things are BASIC safety issues that were NOT met) immediately complained to front desk and was switched rooms...

second room had the non-functioning phone...

___________________

now, housekeeping was annoying and began knocking, relentlessly at 10am...until you said something to them...not so nice for an intimate moment...or even if you're sleeping...then they hijacked towels at 10 am...only to bring them back STILL DAMP at 4pm on a saturday!

wifi was non existant in 245. Didn't matter what was done.

there was a shortage of TP...very weird...we had to go fetch TP ourselves...

one room was nice, refurbished, big tv etc...the other room was crappy.
Motel 6 looks like a palace in comparison with this room...old tv, old broken furniture...and this was supposed to be (paid for) a king suite? HAHA who? the king of "weaintgotnothin' land?"

initial room had a random stain (blood?) on the floor....and, the sheets weren't clean.

first room was missing the microwave platter

There is a "spa" listed on the map in the room, but it's listed as "employees only"

***************

the good:

Carlos the maintenance man. He was working miracles with this dump! He fixed everything quickly, well and in a friendly manner.

Breakfast: good vaiety. eggs, waffles, breakfast sandwiches/burritos (microwaveable) cereal, fruit, toast/breads/pastries...yogurt...something for everyone, and for a family a very nice/complete breakfast.

The pool looked inviting, but alas, wasn't quite warm enough weather to swim. noe was patio furniture set out.

The decor (in our non 1970's room) was tasteful.

*********************

Room Tip: refuse to stay in 245 or 264. 245 is the one with safety issues, 264 hasn't been ugraded for dec...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Marissa R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Dawn,
Thank you for this review about your recent stay at our property, I know you had told us you were hesitant to give us a review, so again thank you. I understand this stay was not at all what you expected and I am very sorry you experienced this at our hotel. I am glad Carlos was able to fix some of the issues you encountered. I have personally looked into these issues with the corresponding departments to try and prevent this from further happening. I can imagine how unpleasant this all was and I also apologize for not having upgraded both rooms and not just one, it is based on availability and we were sold out the day of arrival. I understand you received a $25 voucher from BW customer service and I know this stay did not meet your standards, but hopefully with the voucher you can give another Best Western a chance to provide you with excellent service.

Eagle Grove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Very clean and would recommend, easy to get to off the interstate, good places to eat nearby, nice staff, very nice and the price is reasonable too. Pretty quiet, laundry room, shopping nearby also if you need to grab something, refrigerator and microwave too in the rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Dear David,
First and foremost, thank you for such and incredibly nice review! Everyone at the Best Western Roseville Inn takes pride in their work and it shows by how pleasant our customers are. We are extremely happy that you found our property convenient, from the easy access from the highway to the close shopping areas, and of course the great food. It’s great to hear that our staff was nice and able to provide good service at a great price for you. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Regards,
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I've stayed at the Best Western here at 220 Harding a number of times. I always receive friendly service, the unit is always clean, and the continental breakfast is served on time and there are a variety of choices. The lobby area is inviting and they have a computer/printer available. It is also convenient to the freeway, Trader Joe's, Rite Aid and major shopping. I've never encountered major noise there in the evening.

Room Tip: Bathroom light bulb needed replacing. This should have been done before it was rented out again.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Marissa R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Darlene S,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! I am so happy to hear your stay was very much up to your standards as far and cleanliness and everything else. I am very grateful that you choose to stay with us any time you stay in our area, we hope to see you again soon. I agree it is absolutely a plus to be so close to all the chopping centers including Trader Joe’s and it’s even nicer to have all the restaurants so close to us as well. We can’t wait to see you again, and to continue to provide excellent service to you once again.

Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stay here quite often visiting family. The staff is very nice and the rooms are always clean. All of the rooms we have stayed in are quite large. The bedding and the beds are comfortable. The big tvs are nice, parking is good and we have just had nice overall stays there. Never have had the breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a positive review. Your support and feedback inspires our staff to provide every guest with the best customer service every day! I will absolutely be letting them know they were able to provide this great service for you. Thank you for letting us know the beds were comfortable and the room was clean, and I agree the big TV’s are a plus. Once again thank you so much and we hope to see you again during your next visit to Roseville!

Regards,
eugene, or
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Overall, the entire experience was just okay. My boss made my reservation for me through price line, who messed up the reservation. Since he paid for five days, I stayed for five days. Don't get me wrong - the room I finally ended up with was comfortable and spacious. But it took three tries to get it right. The first room was wide open when I arrived and the toilet had been used. It smelled like cigarettes and there was a guy lurking outside in the parking lot and a cop in a cruiser car watching him..... Not a great vibe there. The second room was lovely and I slept well, but there was no hot water in the morning. So they switched me again. The staff was very nice and wonderfully sweet about all this. I actually had the noisy neighbors next door who stayed up till all hours and then awakened early for well - you get the idea. I don't think the thickness of the walls would alter the fact that the woman had no idea of what an "inside voice" is.... The breakfast was okay too - if you would like a hot breakfast, you can make a waffle or there are sausage egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches for the microwave. Would I recommend this place?? Probably not but it is a good choice for a budget stay in Roseville. As long as you know what you are in for and as long as you find the cheap rates, you will feel like you got a decent deal. I wish the internet had been stronger and more reliable and I wish there were more channels available on TV or at least a channel guide...

Room Tip: The rooms are clean and there is little street noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear shanniemac,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with this review. I am so sorry it took more than one try to finally get you in a room that was up to your standards. I understand this stay was not what you had expected and I am truly sorry about it. I know you had some concerns with the police driving around but that is something they do at most hotels it is standard for them just to look around and leave, but it is nothing to be concerned about. I do thank you for the comments about our staff it’s very nice to hear how friendly they were and how accommodating, I will be sure to thank them for a wonderful job done. I am also glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and the waffles you can make yourself. It is my hope that you might consider staying with us again so we can hopefully get it right the first try.

Salt Lake City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We needed a place in Roseville while we were in town for a funeral. The Best Western gave us the best value for our stay. The free breakfast was good, waffles, cereal, microwave breakfast sandwiches and burritos hard boiled eggs and muffins and Danishes. The in room Wi-Fi signal was weak, but once connected worked well. The bed was comfortable and the shower was better than average. It was too cold to use the pool in February, but it looked nice. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn? Share your experiences!