“Best Westen Plus?” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
San Francisco, United States
“Best Westen Plus?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel is not a Best Westen Plus. Big time disappointment. Room wasn't ready, towels had dirt marks on them, not sure if sheets were clean (they were well worn for sure), shower head loose, floor not vacuumed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marissa R, Manager at BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Cherry V,
I’d like to thank you for the review. I agree this experience was not what you should expect from our facility, please accept my sincere apologies. Your comments regarding housekeeping are duly noted and will be shared with the staff. Your experience should not have been a reflection of the cleanliness standards we have for our guest rooms and we will take measures so this not happen in the future. We hope to see you again.
Roseville, CA 95678

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Fortuna, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is my third stay at this property. This time we were in a room facing the freeway. We could hear the traffic, but not enough to bother us or keep us up or wake us up at night. Had to move the curtains to make sure the sunlight wouldn't wake me too early.
The check in staff was very friendly (11:30 PM). Same person in the morning let me grab some breakfast items 'to go' since we were headed to the softball field, and were staying the next night, also.
As for breakfast, your best bet for variety is to eat sooner than later in the breakfast hours. This seems to be the norm at most of the hotels we stay at though. Still annoying to come in with 30 min left, and not much to choose from.
The room was clean and smelled fine when we walked in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Marissa R, Manager at BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Greetings from Roseville! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. I am very happy to hear that we are your hotel of choice and I hope we can continue to provide great service to you. I noticed you mentioned the highway noise and I would like to inform you we have ear plugs at the front desk upon request for your convenience, but I am glad that did not bother you too much. Thank you for letting me know your thoughts on the breakfast hours and variety please be sure that I will look into keeping the breakfast stocked during all breakfast hours. Please come back and visit us again soon.

McArthur, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I picked this hotel because of it's value and it's location to the to the Dentist that I had to go to. I have a cousin in Minnesota that loves to go to Best Western all the time. She and her husband use the travel rewards to get away together without the kids. I love it because of the care that the owners put in to their hotels. You can tell that they love their hotels by the way you fell when your walk in the doors and you feel at home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sandra,
Thank you for such and incredibly nice review! I am so glad to know that you and your family always choose the Best Western hotels. It is so exciting that your family enjoys the Best Western Rewards program, hopefully you too will get to enjoy your rewards points. I completely agree that owners put much care into their hotels, and I am sure they are happy to see their care shows. I hope to see you again soon so that we may once again take the chance to make you feel at home.

Rodeo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Comfortable, large room, clean. 200 characters? Don't know what to say nor have time to say it. Comfortable, large room, clean. 200 characters? Don't know what to say nor have time to say it. Comfortable, large room, clean. 200 characters? Don't know what to say nor have time to say it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marissa R, Manager at BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Alan,
Thank you for this positive review. Our team here at the Best Western Roseville Inn really strives to make each and every stay enjoyable to our guest, so I am glad to hear we were able to provide that for you. It is great to know the room was large, comfortable and up to your expectations. We hope to see you again soon so we can continue to exceed your expectations.

Fort Mohave
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have stayed at this BW 3-4 times and always felt safe. This particular stay, a male person gained access to my room using his key card. I had the chain on the door which prohibited his getting into my room. The overall condition of this particular room had gone downhill, it was not as clean as in past stays. The lobby, breakfast and staff were as expected but the fact someone was able to open my door was very concerning and effected my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Karen P,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is upsetting to hear that your most recent stay with us was not an enjoyable stay. Please know that I did speak with the staff working that day, to find out what happened with the situation that occurred with the room key. I have taken this situation very seriously and I am working on further staff training since this incident so we can prevent it in the future. I understand how this affected your stay for which I sincerely apologize. I see you stay in the Roseville area often, therefore I hope upon returning you give us another chance to make your stay feel safe and comfortable.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Nice people always working behind counter. I have stayed at this Best Western many times during the past 4 years due to my work. Its seems that lately they have a shortage off bath and hand towels, rooms are not always stocked. Some rooms need new beds due to lumps and dips. Be sure and ask for a room away from the interstate if you want a good nights rest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Oh, where to start?

We had been led to believe that the "Plus" designation meant that certain standards of accommodation were met and maintained, but it certainly wasn't apparent for this hotel.

While the staff was friendly and tried to be helpful, it appears that there are not enough of them. We arrived during a meltdown of their telephone system, and everything was in a dither. The poor lady at the counter finally put down her cell phone and tried to check us in, assigning us a room in the farthest building from the lobby (there are three main two-story buildings), about 200 yards away. We parked around back, then unloaded all our luggage, went down a hallway, and entered the room. It looked like a mortar round had exploded--unmade beds, the refrigerator literally in pieces in the middle of the floor, and the kitchenette counter smashed. Did I mention that it was dirty?

We loaded everything after trekking back to the car and drove around the parking lot to the lobby. Staff apologized for the trouble and gave us a room adjacent to the war zone, but they weren't sure if it was ready (late afternoon). But we were tired, and so took a chance. After re-hauling the luggage, we entered a made-up room.

Problems we encountered:
--The furniture is old and scarred, with some parts missing. I don't think the room has been painted since the Reagan administration.
--The carpet is worn, stained with who-knows-what, and is filthy.
--The old TV has no channel guide, either on paper or on-screen. In fact, there is no hotel information anywhere in the room other than evacuation routes. This includes check-out time. We were never invited to breakfast or told what it entails. (Remember, this is allegedly a "Plus" hotel.)
--There was a one-quarter roll of toilet paper in the room. No spares, necessitating a drive back to the lobby (no telephones, remember?). The front counter had no TP to give us, and said someone would be by our room later.
--The phones evidently came back later that night. But then we began receiving phantom calls and "message waiting" alerts. Nothing there, so I finally took the handset off the instrument to get some peace.
--There were no coffee cups in the room. We tried to drink the hot liquid out of thin plastic cups.
--The sign on the outside wall advertised "Vending/Ice" near our room. There was a Coke machine, but the ice machine probably left with the millenium. Nothing but a cigarette-butt-filled hole in the ground. I had to hike across the parking lot to the next building for ice.
--Watch the single-lever handle on the sink. The "hot/cold" icons seem to be backward.
--When we checked out, we enumerated some of these points. The clerk admitted that the farthest building (nearest the freeway) wasn't given the attention it needed, calling it "unfortunate."

We're not hotel snobs, but we expected something a cut above what we discovered at this property. I was in the Navy, so I'm used to spartan conditions, but most Navy barracks were better than what I found here. Overall, I'd say this was a dingy hotel, and we were very disappointed. I will not be back, and I recommend that you stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room in one of the buildings closer to the lobby. You might have a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Marissa R, Manager at BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear SeniorCPO,
Thank you for letting us know how your recent stay with us was. Please accept my apologies regarding your stay, I do understand it was not at all what you expected. At the time you stayed at the hotel we did have our phone system down, a situation like such had not happened before and we tried handling it to the best of our ability. Once the system was fixed all the phones had to re-set and that was the cause for the message light that was an inconvenience, I do apologize for the whole situation. The room that was given to you first was not in service, but due to the phone issues we had some hiccups in communicating that the room was being repaired. I understand not having a TV guide, and other information to the hotel is also an inconvenience, I do want to let you know all the hotel information is in the directory. During every check-in processes we also provide the breakfast hours along with the user name and password for the internet, I sincerely apologize if this was not something you received. This experience is not at all what you expected and it is definitely not the normal experience at our property. I can’t express how sorry I am for everything. I sincerely hope you can give us another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations in a future stay.

220 Harding Blvd
Roseville, CA 95678

Been to BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn? Share your experiences!