“Scary situation” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 18 hotels in Roseville
Fort Mohave
“Scary situation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have stayed at this BW 3-4 times and always felt safe. This particular stay, a male person gained access to my room using his key card. I had the chain on the door which prohibited his getting into my room. The overall condition of this particular room had gone downhill, it was not as clean as in past stays. The lobby, breakfast and staff were as expected but the fact someone was able to open my door was very concerning and effected my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marissa R, Manager at BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Karen P,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is upsetting to hear that your most recent stay with us was not an enjoyable stay. Please know that I did speak with the staff working that day, to find out what happened with the situation that occurred with the room key. I have taken this situation very seriously and I am working on further staff training since this incident so we can prevent it in the future. I understand how this affected your stay for which I sincerely apologize. I see you stay in the Roseville area often, therefore I hope upon returning you give us another chance to make your stay feel safe and comfortable.
Regards,
Marissa Rocio
Best Western Plus Roseville Inn
220 Harding Blvd.
Roseville, CA 95678

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Nice people always working behind counter. I have stayed at this Best Western many times during the past 4 years due to my work. Its seems that lately they have a shortage off bath and hand towels, rooms are not always stocked. Some rooms need new beds due to lumps and dips. Be sure and ask for a room away from the interstate if you want a good nights rest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Oh, where to start?

We had been led to believe that the "Plus" designation meant that certain standards of accommodation were met and maintained, but it certainly wasn't apparent for this hotel.

While the staff was friendly and tried to be helpful, it appears that there are not enough of them. We arrived during a meltdown of their telephone system, and everything was in a dither. The poor lady at the counter finally put down her cell phone and tried to check us in, assigning us a room in the farthest building from the lobby (there are three main two-story buildings), about 200 yards away. We parked around back, then unloaded all our luggage, went down a hallway, and entered the room. It looked like a mortar round had exploded--unmade beds, the refrigerator literally in pieces in the middle of the floor, and the kitchenette counter smashed. Did I mention that it was dirty?

We loaded everything after trekking back to the car and drove around the parking lot to the lobby. Staff apologized for the trouble and gave us a room adjacent to the war zone, but they weren't sure if it was ready (late afternoon). But we were tired, and so took a chance. After re-hauling the luggage, we entered a made-up room.

Problems we encountered:
--The furniture is old and scarred, with some parts missing. I don't think the room has been painted since the Reagan administration.
--The carpet is worn, stained with who-knows-what, and is filthy.
--The old TV has no channel guide, either on paper or on-screen. In fact, there is no hotel information anywhere in the room other than evacuation routes. This includes check-out time. We were never invited to breakfast or told what it entails. (Remember, this is allegedly a "Plus" hotel.)
--There was a one-quarter roll of toilet paper in the room. No spares, necessitating a drive back to the lobby (no telephones, remember?). The front counter had no TP to give us, and said someone would be by our room later.
--The phones evidently came back later that night. But then we began receiving phantom calls and "message waiting" alerts. Nothing there, so I finally took the handset off the instrument to get some peace.
--There were no coffee cups in the room. We tried to drink the hot liquid out of thin plastic cups.
--The sign on the outside wall advertised "Vending/Ice" near our room. There was a Coke machine, but the ice machine probably left with the millenium. Nothing but a cigarette-butt-filled hole in the ground. I had to hike across the parking lot to the next building for ice.
--Watch the single-lever handle on the sink. The "hot/cold" icons seem to be backward.
--When we checked out, we enumerated some of these points. The clerk admitted that the farthest building (nearest the freeway) wasn't given the attention it needed, calling it "unfortunate."

We're not hotel snobs, but we expected something a cut above what we discovered at this property. I was in the Navy, so I'm used to spartan conditions, but most Navy barracks were better than what I found here. Overall, I'd say this was a dingy hotel, and we were very disappointed. I will not be back, and I recommend that you stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, ask for a room in one of the buildings closer to the lobby. You might have a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Marissa R, Manager at BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear SeniorCPO,
Thank you for letting us know how your recent stay with us was. Please accept my apologies regarding your stay, I do understand it was not at all what you expected. At the time you stayed at the hotel we did have our phone system down, a situation like such had not happened before and we tried handling it to the best of our ability. Once the system was fixed all the phones had to re-set and that was the cause for the message light that was an inconvenience, I do apologize for the whole situation. The room that was given to you first was not in service, but due to the phone issues we had some hiccups in communicating that the room was being repaired. I understand not having a TV guide, and other information to the hotel is also an inconvenience, I do want to let you know all the hotel information is in the directory. During every check-in processes we also provide the breakfast hours along with the user name and password for the internet, I sincerely apologize if this was not something you received. This experience is not at all what you expected and it is definitely not the normal experience at our property. I can’t express how sorry I am for everything. I sincerely hope you can give us another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations in a future stay.

Regards,
Marissa Rocio
Best Western Plus Roseville Inn
220 Harding Blvd
Roseville, CA 95678
Hayward, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed here for a overnight stay and it seemed just a little bit to far from stores, restaurants etc. but upon checking in the staff was very friendly but I asked for a upstairs room and she seemed to just ignore my request and gave me a downstairs room. The lobby was a great size with plenty of tables and chairs for the morning breakfast.
The room itself was a good size but just basic. Even though I was on the bottom floor I felt safe and stress free. It had a good size TV with plenty of channels to click through. The bed was a king size which at being 6'1 was plenty big for me. It had two chairs, table and a "work" table with plugs for your laptop etc. The sink, closet was a bit small with no plug outlet near the sink but the shower made up for it being a good size. One of the lamps on the nightstand table was not working which wasn't a big deal since there was plenty of other lights to keep it bright. Once the blinds were completely closed it was VERY dark so you don't have to worry about street lights etc. outside.
The only problems I dealt with besides the lamp being out was the ice machine. I had to walk back to the lobby to ask where it was since there was not one sign for it. She was nice about it and told me it was near my room. I get there after making another somewhat long walk and it was out and it looked liked it was on its last leg. I tried another one near the pool it was also out! After making another somewhat long walk I found a third one that worked. Other then that the Best Western Plus Roseville Inn is a great place for just someone passing through. Its not fancy its not bad its just basic

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Ana, CA, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

As my husband said, " This is a Best Western Minus"! I agree. There were many problems--coffee pot broken and not replaced, rooms not made up until late afternoon to early evening. Things- towels, coffee washclothes needed-had to go in search of help to retrieve. Staff was ;helpful and friendly but not enough workers so they were overworked. I would not recommend or stay here again. It is hardly a Best Western Plus.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Hayward, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The lobby was large and "roomy" . I didn't eat there but the breakfast area looked well organized and pleasant. The parking was ample and the room exceeded my expectations for a rewards "Free Night". The whole facilty is well kept and our stay there was pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Pleasanton Ca.,, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I always stay at Best Western for my business travel, I always have early morning departures, for some reason the shower in my room did not work in the morning, the hotel staff gave me another room at 3:30 AM, to shower and I was at my workplace on time at 4:00 AM. I have been staying regularly at Best Westerns for 5 years and have never had any problems at all. But if you do, they will fix it even at 3:30 AM. I was amazed but not surprised.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Roseville Inn? Share your experiences!